Reviews for Not a Poof
Bronze chapter 1 . 8/13
It's about time someone put that old sheep shagging fool in his place! As I've told other authors, I see Bumblemort as the primary Dark Load of the twentieth century. I can look at nothing that he's supposed to've done and see anything light about it. Nothing about Harry's life since his parents were murdered can be seen as light. And all that BS about blood wards on the Dursley's home I see as just that. If the blood wards are powered by love then these MUST'VE been in the negative zone since shortly after being cast. And as Bumblemort cast them but never bothered to check up on either Harry or the wards, he is evil. So to read how he's finally made to pay for all his misdeeds and how he suffered was quite enjoyable. Thanks for writing and posting it.
SSGRet chapter 1 . 5/19
I love it! I never understood why Dumbles put Ron in the lake.
4May chapter 1 . 3/21
Brilliant! Never saw it that way before! Lol! There you have the champions bravely saving sisters and girlfriends and Harry has to save ... Ron! It's a fun read, thanks for sharing!
Mionefan chapter 1 . 3/4
Ahh, a fitting tribute to several peoples stupidity! Ron left in "stitches", Krum and Karkarof beading a hasty retreat, What's not to love about this story!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 2/11
Terrific!
Ann Jinn chapter 1 . 1/30
Lovely story. One little change made such a difference.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2016
So funny and so sweet I love your stories
LittleMountainofLight chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
Yes, I really never understood why everyone would accept Hermione as being the person that Krum would miss most. Ron and Gabrielle is more understandable, and Cho, well, that is similar to Hermione. This makes much more sense. Cheers for that!

Only note: I would reconsider using sexual orientation as a pejorative exclamation. Yes, Dumbledore is a manipulative git, but calling him a poof (and having Harry also be bothered by being called this) adds unnecessary intolerance to this.
steve.moore.9081323 chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Great story
D'Vanak chapter 1 . 10/4/2016
Love the story.

Dumbledore actions toward Harry is that not only of a homosexual but of a pedophile who like young boys and male teenagers for sexual purposes.
LeQuin chapter 1 . 9/15/2016
I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the use of all those perjoratives, especially after Harry decided to rescue Gabrielle precisely because of how those same words would hurt him. On the other hand I do remember what it was like to be a teen and I supppose it's not unrealistic.
Bonus points for being creative and making Harry a pilot.
a broomstick fan chapter 1 . 9/11/2016
Thanks for another piece from Broomstick Flyer.

In response to those reviewers who were offended: I don't think she meant to offend anyone with the poof remark. Harry was angry that he felt Dumbledore was trying to make others think he was homosexual. I would be angry if someone tried to make people think I was homosexual, because I am not. I have plenty of gay friends, but I am not gay myself and would be angry if someone tried to make everyone think I was. Just as I would be angry if someone tried to make people think I was a different religion or ethnic group. I am what I am.

It's certainly possible that that would have been made clearer if she had lived to work longer on this tale.
General Mac chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
love it thanks more when you can pretty please
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Excellent one shot. Glad to see you writing again Merlin's Apprentice. - Snake -
Laura Grey chapter 1 . 9/10/2016
Wonderful little story. Well done.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »