Reviews for To Tame A Lion
Sialia12 chapter 17 . 9/23/2019
Dear Raaya57,

I owe you an apology for not reviewing sooner. Thanks to "The Sorceress" and "To Tame a Lion", my imagination has basked the last few days in the wizarding world, surrounded by enchanting witches. A treat I had not indulged in this intensively for years. It brings me back to the discovery of Asouldreams's masterpiece and some pearls of the HG/MM community afterwards.

Your work definitely ranks high in there. I appreciate the humour you infuse in the dialogues, it is highly entertaining to read the verbal spars. The background information you develop regarding the Societies, higher education and overseas's wizarding communities is original and gives substance to your plots. As for your characters, both OC and canon are great. I like the Hermione you portrait. Believable as a young adult dealing with her aspirations, having to reconcile with her past and the trauma's she's been through with the war. True to her Gryffindor's traits and the student we discovered in JKR's books but more in nuances as she grows and matures. Well done!

I haven't reviewed every chapter so it's hard to point out particular passages for critics. I blame you really, it's too good to pause one's rapture reading session and review. One comes to mind though. The deal Hermione made with the moving staircases. Brilliant! You captured the essence of Hogwarts and played with it. It was a nifty bit of writing. Great combo of action (I could clearly envision the scene), characterization (Minerva's appreciation from the sidelines, other student's astonishment, Hermione's stroke of genious and audacity) and emotion. It's not only Hermione's love for Hogwarts that transpires in that scene. But yours and ours (readers) as well. "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home" is the feeling that hit me reading that scene. The childhood delight was back with force.

Thank you for keeping the magic alive and nurturing it with your original ideas,
Sincerely
atenea1977 chapter 17 . 8/28/2019
I’ve just finished rereading this for first time, I don't know why i have not read it before. And I have to say that I really love this story. The portrayal of both women are really complex and very interesting. I really look forward to seeing where you take them and us. This grown up Hermione is particularly enthralling and Minerva is so lost by this new version of Hermione...

I hope one day you will get the chance to complete it for all our enjoyment, it is a really beatiful story which deserve a final.
sheep 4 you chapter 17 . 8/21/2019
I’ve just finished rereading this for a third time I believe.
While I understand life gets in the way of our writing it is sad to see such an amazing story sitting unfinished. Hopefully one day you will get the chance to complete it for all our enjoyment.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/30/2019
I absolutely love this story. It's very well written and entirely believable. If you are reading this, please, finish this story. It is one of the best HG/MM stories out there. I would know, as I'm pretty sure I've read most of them. It would be such a shame for this wonderful work to be left unfinished.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/3/2019
I've just re-read this story and the tone is definitely lighter than on my previous read. It feels less foreboding but I'm no less intrigued as to how you will bring Hermione and Minerva together, and deal a lasting blow to the Wizingamot. Thank you for posting and for all the effort that has gone into this. It's much appreciated. All the best.
eduardahellen0 chapter 17 . 2/8/2019
This is certainly one of the best Hermione / Minerva stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading. I truly hope you continue this beautiful story
gdu3rd chapter 17 . 1/27/2019
This is one of the better Hermione / Minverva stories I have read. I have re-read it a number of times. It is closing in on a year since the last update. I do hope that it gets finished. It has too much potential to be let incomplete.
Neneja chapter 17 . 1/10/2019
WOnderful story! When will the next chapter be posted?
Guest chapter 17 . 1/5/2019
This is such an amazingly well written story. The way you portrait everyone, but Minerva and Hermione in particular, is on point and particularly enthralling. I simply can't wait to read the rest of your story, and hope you haven't abandoned it. Hopefully reading about how we all want to keep on reading this, will give you some motivation to continue. Thank you :)
fackenthalh chapter 17 . 12/26/2018
please update it soon! I really like it so far! an I like the chemistry between McGonagall and Hermione!
VreeSa chapter 17 . 12/12/2018
I really hope you will continue this soon! It is a wonderful concept and I am eager to see where you go with it.
Sarah chapter 17 . 12/3/2018
This is one of the best written fics I’ve read in a long time. The world building, the characterization, the dialogue. Everything is compelling and feel real. Please, please write more.
rookie802 chapter 17 . 10/14/2018
Good story!
planenutty chapter 17 . 10/13/2018
I really like this story. The portrayal of both women are of such complexity of character that they are very interesting. I really look forward to seeing where you take them and us. Please continue soon and thank you for sharing.
Goldilush chapter 17 . 9/12/2018
Marriage Law..! The idea is genuine and very captivating one. I really do wonder how Minerva will realize Hermione is a marriage material. Also I suspect Hermione's not outspoken intention of returning does include wooing the woman. Wonder of her reaction when she realizes Kingsley had proposed to Minerva.
I do hope you continue with the story! It's a brilliant one.
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »