Reviews for The Elvish Way With All Good Beasts
Stormcutter684 chapter 5 . 10/3
An amazing story. I like the concept of how elves can communicate with horses if they simply just listen. Great job. Hannon le.
Oh my lord, I have been waiting for this story my entire life! Or at least for as long as I knew what horses were; forget since I had ever even heard the name Tolkien. Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it! Do you think you would ever write more? Here is one reader who would avidly drink it all up. You've given the horses such wonderful characters and non-horse characters who interact with them in such a rich way! I love the strength and wisdom of the mares especially! Thank you again :)
Acacia Jules chapter 2 . 3/15/2005
Um, dude, it's ADA or ADAR. Ada, meaning Daddy

Adar, meaning father.

But NOT Adda. I recommend changing your Adda's to Ada, and replacing the chapter. You won't loose any reviews, as long as you use the Replace option in the Editing section.
pinknwhiteDQ chapter 1 . 12/22/2004
Nice! I know a few ponies like that! I cant wait to see were this is going! Dont you just love horses? I think theyre all here to keep us humble and actually make us enjoy hauling muck carts and weilding muck forks.
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 5 . 8/17/2004
Nice. Very nice. But you have misspelled some things . . .

Arda / Ea (I've never heard of "Amar")

Eldalië (alt 0235 on the number pad ë)

Hîrbrethil (alt 0238 î)

I think that's it. Very nice story, however!
Kalima chapter 5 . 6/26/2004
I printed your story (hope that's okay) for my daughter to read because I enjoyed it so much. You were recommended at a group site, and I'm grateful for the rec, though now I realized I had read and loved your story Legolas Shall Be for the Elves.

I appreciate your real knowledge of horses in this one; it brought a reality to the story often lacking in fan fics. The detail level of description was perfect, in my opinion: not too much (it's possible to get bored with long descriptions) and not too little (then one can't picture enough, and the story loses reality).

I liked the original characters, though I felt sorry we learned so little of them. It's okay for the length of the piece: if you continue it, I'd love to hear more of them. I especially liked the human woman at the end (sorry I've forgotten her name: I read the story a few days ago).

I did wonder why the horses chose to follow Legolas (the ones who did). I felt like maybe one line more would have done it: the black one he "talked" to seemed a little disgusted with the Sun stallion, and so I wondered if perhaps some of the horses found him too overbearing, which I rather like as a motivation. An easier life in captivity (especially since the males are likely to be gelded) doesn't seem like much of a motivation. And after all, even Legolas can't be sure how their eventual "owners" will treat them in detail.

Oh well, just a thought. I truly loved the story, especially the part where Legolas finally listens and can let go of his pride and childish (which is to say, totally intense) wanting to have that horse, the Sun Stallion, enough to let him go.
Rogueagent chapter 5 . 4/14/2004
Beautiful, this was a great story, thankyou
TigerLily713 chapter 5 . 12/24/2003
Oh dear, I'm all caught up. Now what am I to do? I have thoroughly enjoyed these short bits of fiction and insight. They were a lovely form of guilt-free pleasure. I am actually having an almost overwhelming craving to go find some wild horses and speak to them. (I live in Utah, so it is actually somewhat do-able.) Thanks, Lily
taekwondodo chapter 5 . 9/24/2003
Absolutely beautiful. Your use of the language is lovely. Really catches the spirit of Tolkien. Thanks for directing me here from 'Scrawlers! I'll pass this link on to my daughter when she's finished ploughing through her current 3 book series.
Lutris chapter 5 . 8/15/2003
loved the story! it is very original, and immensely liked the horses' comments!
Faerfaen chapter 5 . 6/8/2003
O I really like this.. espcailly when Legolas started listening

**~ Dy *~*
PuterPatty chapter 5 . 2/17/2003
You do Arod amazingly well. I love that horse, and so I really loved this chapter. My favorite by far.

What an unique and wonderful tale to tell, and you told it beautifully! Thank you for sharing!
PuterPatty chapter 4 . 2/17/2003
Oh! Not *that* was just beautiful! Legolas is finally learning to listen, and things are working out for him because of it. The Black Mare sounds gorgeous and she is wonderful. And again, your OC's are enchanting.
PuterPatty chapter 3 . 2/17/2003
Oh my. Our prince has a lot to learn yet, a lot to listen to, *hear*. But that was a very hard, very brave thing for Legolas to do at the end there. A great lesson learned.

This is wonderful stuff, Teanna! I can't wait to read more!
PuterPatty chapter 2 . 2/17/2003
Just wonderful! This was a great lesson our young prince learned. And how refreshing to find that he is not the best in everything.

Beautiful father/son interaction here! You do Thranduil's character justice!