Reviews for Best Served Cold
StoneTheLoner chapter 4 . 5/21
Adding in that manga was just cheap. It brought to my attention the fact that this should've been a crossover story, and how it would've made much more sense for the actual Kyoya to be Harry. Just lost in Japan with new parents and quite a bit younger than what is canon in the Host Club storyline. At the very least it makes more sense than Harry being so pathetic as to model his life and personality after a fictional character.
StoneTheLoner chapter 3 . 5/21
And again I have reason to hate Hermione for the negative effect she's had on Harry. He thought to teach her the Animagi detecting spell because it'd be fun to have her find Peter? How the f*ck does that make any kind of sense, either in a realistic or "pranking" kind of way? She doesn't seem to be friends with Ron, so she shouldn't have any contact with the Rat. And she'd have no reason to even suspect the rat much less cast a spell on it. On top of that she doesn't even have her magical fundamentals in place yet, so a spell like that shouldn't be possible for her until she's in her 2nd or 3rd year at least. So why did he even bother to think of her in context to the traitor? And I'm completely ignoring the concept of him allowing Hermione to get his own Godfather out of prison. Her, an as of yet immature child with no political clout, zero experience in anything important, and basically a kid who's still in the magical worlds equivalent of an Elementary School... Her presence is negating the intelligence your Harry is supposed to have as a reincarnated bad*ss in a very big way, and frankly I'm going to be skipping any sentence with her name in it from this point on. Cool story tho...
StoneTheLoner chapter 2 . 5/21
I know you were just doing your own thing, but that out of left field crap with Hermione really turned me off her character for this story. When she's older she's a dominatrix? Whelp, she's only 11 at this point so f*ck off with that stupidity. She's only just hit puberty, if even at all. He tries to convince/impress her by using Draco as an example, but this conversation was happening before she even had her first meeting with him? Draco's name drop would mean less that dog sh*t to her, so mentioning he's a Malfoy would've had a better chance of meaning something to her. Another reason I started disliking her is rather indirect. Her presence in the chapter led to Harry running his mouth with things like don't worry Neville, I won't audit you. Which led to random info drops to Hermoine. Which turned the whole scene into convenient randomness that kind of hurt Harry's image as a well written and quality main character. So yeah, screw your Hermione. Interesting story though, I'm liking all the shadiness going on. And I totally get why you used Kyoya's image :)
Priya Ashok chapter 15 . 5/18
Thank you.
Selacha chapter 15 . 5/14
Yes. All the yes. So much yes it's sickening.
quest2somewhere chapter 11 . 5/12
HThe
bigpanda74 chapter 15 . 5/12
Can we have more of this soon ? Please ! Very funny fic you got here going ! typo pouring poured ... What we need to do to get next 2-3 chapters asap ? THX A LOT, WBR Bigpanda74
Elle chapter 2 . 5/5
Best interaction with Snape that I've read in a long time!
PHEONIX39 chapter 12 . 5/6
I started laughing so hard as I pictured that scene in my head of them cruising down the street running over fake Santa's I was crying I was laughing so hard! Thank you so much for that! Brilliant!
noylj chapter 15 . 5/4
Need an update.
Thanks.
noylj chapter 8 . 5/3
Can they audit the job being done and get rid of people who aren't meeting the requirements for the job? Minnie as head of house? Useless. Bumbles as Headmaster? A danger to the students. Binns? He's dead. Lockhart? Does he even have a NEWT to his name, much less on in DADA?
deitarionSSokolow chapter 14 . 5/2
"It doesn't hurt that the magical variety isn't nearly as addictive as the mundane"

Marijuana isn't chemically addictive and psychological dependence can develop with any consumable, activity, or behaviour which the brain can associate with either blocking out (depressants like alcohol) or countering (stimulants like nicotine) chronic stressors.

Marijuana being illegal while alcohol is legal is purely down to U.S. politics and their ability to use economic pressure to force their drug laws on the rest of the world.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 3 . 5/2
Great fun so far, but I thought I'd answer Harry's implied question.

"Soccer" is actually British slang that lived on in America after it died out in its country of origin.

It comes from the earlier slang term "Assoccer" (Assoc. -er), which is short for "Association Football", because, at the time, there were many different "football" games but only one really had any kind of formal association backing it.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 1 . 5/2
Harry couldn't have invested in Google because of how they handled their ownership, but, otherwise, I don't see any major problems.

(Most importantly, Google was fully privately owned until after the dial-up era. In fact, I vaguely remember reading an article about how Google only went publicly-traded because a quirk of U.S. accounting laws makes it a hassle for any business over a certain size to remain privately-owned.)

That's probably part of the reason they had "Don't Be Evil" as their motto for so long in the beginning. As long as a business is privately owned, the owners actually CAN impose a set of morals on the company's behaviour. (In a publicly-traded company, the CEO and board of directors have a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders to maximize profit at any cost and, if they don't, they'll be replaced. The whole point of regulations is to make externalities like air pollution show up on the balance sheet as dollar amounts so they'll be taken into account during decision-making.)
DarkViolet7258 chapter 15 . 5/1
So amusing - I don't remember last time when laughed so much about one chapter
1,231 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »