Reviews for Heart over Mind
witch lisa chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
A long chapter and very well done. I enjoyed the family background and would LOVE to see you do the same for Snape. Please keep writing, you have the art of storytelling.
SandraD chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
I love this story. It is so rich and so believable. Your spelling and grammar are impeccable and I adore your characterizations. You are subtly inching the characters closer together with all the right moves and plot devices that it seems in no way out of character for either of them. They are so real, I am only hoping that J.K. does something similar. I love how you wove Hermione's religious background into the story-so many stories give no mention to the possibility of a Christian/Jewish/Muslim/etc. muggle-born witch that your use of it is very original (at least for the HG/SS genre). The gifts were absolutely perfect. The emotions were absolutely perfect. The whole story is absolutely perfect. Please update it soon!
PhoenixFeather7 chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
ah, how sweet :-)
Narcissa1 chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Today I stumbled over your story and fell in love with it. You draw the charaktersso live like, that I just can't help, but fall in love with them and there way of life.

Please continue soon, so that all your eager readers can dwell in the love of Hermione and the slowly building affection of Severus!
Helena chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
I love her Italian family! The Grangers are so often depicted as a very conservative middle classed british coupple, and it is great to see such a unique and vivid interpretation of Hermione's home life.

Excelent chapter, I hope Sev likes the wine...
Arysta chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Nice chapter. I have to say that I really love this fic. I was overjoyed to see that it had been updated! On the negative side, I found the whole family/backstory/etc a little boggy, though I understand why you wanted them in there after reading your Notes. (I agree with you, btw, and think that Hermione probably had a very supportive family. I like the Italian twist to her ancestry, too!) I really wanted to get to the story itself, the romance of the story, and found myself skimming over the parts about the Catholic Mass, etc. Anyway... I loved the gifts idea, and I really did enjoy the family, etc because I like the intermixing of cultures, and yours was great. A well-done chapter. (Very Christmasy, too!) I look forward to reading more of Heart Over Mind.

Keep Writing
muir chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Really love the story, but just thought I'd mention that St. Patrick's cathedral isn't Catholic it's Protestant.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
j chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
You might consider replacing "sixtieth decade" with "sixth" and "seventieth" with "seventh".

A very enjoyable story.
Campy Capybara chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Lovely chapter as always!

I enjoyed the journey into Hermione's family and upbringing; her mother's life an echo of her own, in straddling two different cultures and worlds. I guess as always one could see it as having either the best of both worlds or the loneliness of not being understood by either world. I prefer to think that Hermione knows she has the former and we will see of one who will help her cope with the latter.

The Christmas presents were a lovely touch. I'm sure Snape, with his fine tastes will appreciate the wine, and Hermione's family will appreciate their girl's precious gift for its sentiments.

I truly enjoyed the details and efforts you went into creating Hermione's background; I find that your use of the Italian terms of endearments for Hermione to use on her grandparents, her mum's use on her, and light touches in linguistic stylings to add to the rich detailing in your story. Frankly, this chapter was worth the long wait.

However, I do hope you won't leave your fans waiting too long for the next chapter. *grins*
Amelia's chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
I don't even have words for how wonderful this is! The realistic way you've worked the character interaction is breathtaking. I've been anxiously watching for your update, and now that you HAVE updated I'm ready to cry that that's all there is (even though this chapter was delightfully long). I can't wait to see where else you take us with this heart-wrenchingly fantastic story...
Claribel chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Fantastic chapter. This is a really good story, gripping and interesting. I love Hermione's family, you've done a really good job on the characters and the warmth of the family life. Update soon!
Michelle chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
YAY! That was a lovely chapter!

I didn't think that Snape was going to get her a Christmas gift. You surprised me with that!

Update sooN!
S chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Love the story so far! I am really enjoying how you are portraying the ralationship between Snape and Hermione... I'm like how it's growing. Hope to read another chapter real soon!
Nessa chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
I really, really love your story. This was quite long chapter but I read it very fast, Hermione's familly is amazing, your description of them was fantastic. I love this bickering between mother and doughter (caroline rosalia). I can't wait for more. Please update as fast as you can.
Hungarian Horntail chapter 8 . 5/6/2003
I love this story! Specially the graduality of it all. Usually I get suspicious when reading the word "soul mate", but yours is a whole new take on it (and on love potions). I think all the psychological development is very realistic. And I love your description of Crookshanks' behaviour, and the letters ... In short, I hope you'll update!
3,443 | « Prev Page 1 .. 205 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 225 .. Last Next »