Reviews for Heart over Mind
Campy Capybara chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
I meant to review this in Chapter 7, but saw Chapter 8 was up today. yay!

I really really really liked the letters sent between Severus and Hermione. The letters were so amusing! They have that bite that we all love from the Professor, and an underlying wit that we know Hermione possesses. I loved that part where Severus replied Hermione's letter by saying that he won't be goaded to reply to her letters! Just so like his snarky self.

In Chapter 8, I really enjoyed their bantering. One can literally taste that interest and intrigue that Severus has for Hermione. Has he figured out that Hermione's immunity to love potions is because of him? Or does he suspect, and hopes that it is true? It could be read both ways. I'm amused at Dumbledore's not-so-subtle interference in the budding relationship. I've always thought that Dumbledore loves Severus like a son, and seeing how much Severus would gain if he only knew love, Dumbledore's meddling are a joy to read (I like that part in the earlier chapters where Dumbledore got Severus to deliver that book to Hermione in the courtyard).

Hermione's self-reflection was an interesting bit. I've always thought that muggleborns, straddling two worlds could either see themselves as having the best of both worlds, or the worst of them. I'm living in a country that straddles the East and the West, and am bilingual in both English and Chinese. And like Hermione, there are days where I am able to celebrate the best of the two cultures accessible to me. However, I'm not fully accepted in either China or the UK. I'll be paid lip-service in either countries and viewed as a foreigner in both. It's that tension that I can identify with your characterisation of Hermione. That need for reminders on how to dress by Hermione's mum, is also a reflection on those bits of culture-specific etiquette those that straddles two differing cultures need to be wary of so as not to offend. That whole introspection was spot on.
kenomee chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
Somehow I have missed your story up until today! It is wonderful!

The exchange between snape and Hermione is literary candy to me; just what I would have expected from two minds such as theirs.

It was a wonderful surprise to stumble upon such a gem this morning. I do hope you update soon, I am entralled!

Blessings to your muse,

kenomee
mavidian chapter 5 . 4/15/2003
Several chapters just rolled by for me. Your prose is wonderful and transparently easy to read though I know it takes expertise to make it so.
mavidian chapter 3 . 4/15/2003
The opening was great revealing in a quick what the situation was. Very visual too. You certainly got into the character's head.
mavidian chapter 2 . 4/15/2003
Pace is wonderful not too rushed but still moving along. I appreciate the inside look at the mysterious staff room. You're building suspense so easily and deliciously.
mavidian chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
If this is the first over 100 words, I say more. Exposition was excellent and the dialogue at pace and in tune with the narrative. On to the next chapter.
michelline chapter 8 . 4/14/2003
Thank you for putting out another wonderful chapter. I was disappointed that it ended, though :) It is nice to see Hermione and Snape actually beginning to truly interact on an adult level.
sweetevangeline chapter 8 . 4/14/2003
*sigh* Lovely.
Rosmerta chapter 8 . 4/14/2003
Yay, lots more SS/HG interaction! How is she feeling about him, though? She seems to have subdued those feelings that were awakening in earlier chapters - or has she?
jenny chapter 8 . 4/14/2003
Regann,

You are NOT allowed to call this lovely story a monstrosity. It is very very good. The characterization is believable, and the narrative flows in a very enjoyable manner. We want to know what happens. Please let us know what happens! Thank you for the great story.
MadMonkette chapter 7 . 4/14/2003
This is a totally great story! I read the first part a couple of months back, and I'm really impressed with how you've continued with the story. You are a really, really good writer!
Pommekitty chapter 7 . 4/13/2003
Wonderful. Simply wonderful!

I can't wait for the next part to see what you're going to pull. That Carolina person worries me a bit but I'll just ahve to wait and see.

I had guessed that Giselle was bad thanks to the family name you gave her but I hadn't guessed she was *that* bad.

Keep up the good work and post soon please!
I Heart Purple Ties chapter 7 . 4/11/2003
This is the best fic I've read lately, I can't think of a word to describe how great it is! :)

I expect to see more chapters soon! :P
Adia chapter 7 . 4/7/2003
Hey there, the story is continuing brilliantly. Can't wait for more!
two2blue chapter 7 . 4/7/2003
Good job with the Sev/Hermione scene. I like how he relaxed a bit and *gasp* seemed to even flirt a bit! Who gave him the idol?
3,409 | « Prev Page 1 .. 205 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 225 .. Last Next »