Reviews for Heart over Mind
hawaii5063 chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
Absolutely excellent story so far. I found myself reading through the 8 chapters in one day. I am so glad you are leading this story along at a slow pace and that you are letting Hermoine be herself. I think you are doing an excellent job of keeping everyone in character. I also like the way Dumbledore and McGonagall are being portrayed and not just there for comic relief or plain forgotten about. Great job - please keep the story going to its conclusion!
OzRatbag2 chapter 8 . 4/23/2003
Another wonderful chapter chock full of the most delicious descriptions and a depth of warmth that continues to become more intimate.

I love the idea of Dumbledore and the little looks of conspiracy and omniscience as they add so much extra depth and I find myself reading with my own wry smile at the subtle extension of the friendship.

Your Severus is just wonderful. Guarded, out of sorts and unwilling to believe that his friendship with Hermione could be something more.

The biting wit and conversations are a wonderful tease and offer a beautiful way to highlight the change/growth from pure friendship to the addition of something extra special.
aquaesulis chapter 8 . 4/20/2003
I'm really enjoying this story! Your banter between Harry, Ron and Hermione was spot on, and the characterization of Snape is great. Can't wait to see how it develops!
auroraziazan chapter 8 . 4/20/2003
Great, it's not the Christmas chapter, I suppose we'll get that to celebrate the beginning of summer, then? Just kidding, and I am quite enjoying this. The tentative balance of the Sev/Hermione relationship is really interesting to watch, as always, and I'd love to see where this goes.
Fille Bleue chapter 8 . 4/20/2003
I'm totally in love with this story! Job well done indeed... _

I hope to see you continue it soon...

I'm quite interested in what will take place in the next chapter... See how you've piqued my interest? The sign of a true writer... :-P

Bleu.
cosmo-queen chapter 8 . 4/18/2003
I have only recently become interested in Harry Potter fanfiction, and am a fan of Hermione/Snape fics in particular. I have greatly enjoyed reading this so far and I like the fact that the relationship is going along slowly. Like one of the other reviewers said, I don't like the "oh my god, all of a sudden I love you" style fics. The fact that this is a very well-written story with excellent vocabulary, spelling and grammar and that I have a feeling that some action will be happening soon ;) means I am going to stick around and wait for the next chapter of your story. In the meantime I'm adding this story to my favourites. Keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*
ChishionoTenshi chapter 8 . 4/18/2003
It is not a monstrosity. It is very good. I thought your introspection caught the feelings very well. Your observations, I think, are spot on. This was such a well done chapter. I hope the next will be up soon. I cannot wait to meet her grandparents and parents.
Zarek chapter 8 . 4/17/2003
I love it! Keep going please!
Phoenix Flight chapter 8 . 4/16/2003
I really liked the letter to Hermione from her mother and how you completed it gradually! That was really neat.

Thanks for updating!
Dragon3 star chapter 8 . 4/16/2003
I loved the chapter! please post the next chapter soon! and maybe could you make the next chapter a little longer please. Thanks
Sam chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
I'm enjoying this story. Usually I don't go for WIP but you have such a great plot that I'm hooked and look forward to each update. I hope to read more soon! I also love the interaction you are having between Snape and Hermione, I can honestly see them having discussions as you wrote it.
Ezmerelda chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
Oh, dear, I can't help a feeling of dread at her trip to her parent's house. Severus was right, of course, she's obviously a target, and I can't help the suspicion that an attack is forthcoming.

Thanks for writing!
SibilantSibyl18 chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
Oh frabjous day, calloh callay! You updated!

Definitely not a monstrosity, Regann.

I love Tess of the D'Urbervilles (anything Hardy actually, but Tess is my favorite)... it's a wonderful book... somewhat depressing... but wonderful.

Great chapter.

Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

-Sibyl
Lifethrudreams chapter 8 . 4/15/2003
dude! This has got to be THE BEST Snape fic i've ever read! I love the way you're taking it slow between the two, it's great. I really get annoyed at those "OMG i love you! How could i have never seen this before?" type stories. Don't get mad about the long chapters, i enjoy them for one and i'm sure many other people do too, it gives me something to read during class! D. Keep it up i love this fanfic!
hpz26 chapter 8 . 4/15/2003