Reviews for Heart over Mind
Ebony3 chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
I really like the twist on the normally stupid Love Potion fanfic. It's a pleasure to read.
SibilantSibyl18 chapter 9 . 5/17/2003
(squeals) I love it! Thank you for updating, and updating wonderfully...

I think you had a great hook in opening the chapter- I was immediately interested.

I loved Hermione's "ulterior motive" for the wine. LOL.

And Snape's present was very... Snape-ish.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for updating. You did a spectacular job, and I have no criticism whatsoever... excellent job :)

-Sibyl
kat chapter 9 . 5/17/2003
You aren't a fan of Pride and Prejudice are you?
Ophelia chapter 9 . 5/17/2003
Alright, so I've read it now. Magnifique! I love the slow-moving stories... the ones where you can suddenly look back to the beginning and think "it couldn't have happened then... but it can happen now." Your characters have wonderfully natural growth, and Dumbledore is beautifully omniscient.
wallyflower chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
Since there is absolutely nothing I can say that your other reviewers have not already said-and more articulately, probably-I'm just dropping you a review to let you know that you have a fan in me. : ) I await the next chapter anxiously.
ChishionoTenshi chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
That was a pretty long chapter, but it was well done. One thing: I don't speak Italian, so my question is: what? I did enjoy this chapter, and I thought the gifts exchanged between Snape and Hermione were perfect. You captured the family feeling, and the friendliness between Hermione, Ron, and Harry very well. Good job, and I expect more soon!
Sarah T chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
This chapter is so rich with description and character development. Most fic writers skip over this very important element. I really am enjoying this story. Can't wait for more! Thanks
Flourish chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
I love that you included Camus - although I've always felt that existentialism (or the absurd, for that matter) applies more to Snape. Interesting that you made Hermione's mother read it for the story... in any case, I really liked that in particular, and the rest was wonderful, too. Bravo!
crissy chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
he is so sweet on her! it's adorable.
Joani chapter 9 . 5/16/2003
Wonderful, that's all I can say.
eav chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
I'm very much enjoying your story. I hope you enjoy writing it as much as I enjoy reading it!
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
Oh, what a lovely Christmas! And I'm so glad Snape got her something so lovely and unexpected. Looking forward to more.
Wangster610 chapter 9 . 5/15/2003
not enough romance...and very boring
Ophelia chapter 6 . 5/15/2003
Yes, yes, here I am again. (Is it strange to have your author's notes reviewed? I imagine it would be). I also find the parallels between the Death-eaters and the Nazis quite striking... not least because of Hitler's part-Jewish and Voldemort's part-muggle backgrounds: they have such incredible "leadership" skills because they don't say "you can be like me," but instead go for "you can be BETTER than me." It also ties in with a parallel I'm considering wityh LOTR... Sauron is the second dark lord after Morgoth. Was Voldemort a servant of Grindelwand? Who was, after all, defeated in 1945.

I'll run away and be strange somewhere else now...

Keep up the good work!
Ophelia chapter 3 . 5/15/2003
Alright, so it's a stupid idea to a review a chapter before you've read it, but otherwise I'll forget. So please forgive me if I've taken the author's note out of context! (I probably have. How embarrassing). I think the conversos were specifically converts to Christianity during the Inquisition (or am I thinking of the OTHER inquisition? Oh dear)... they had no rights before conversion and precious few afterwards (except they paid a little less tax). But were they originally Jewish or Islamic? I can't remember...
3,467 | « Prev Page 1 .. 205 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 225 .. Last Next »