Reviews for Broken Fellowship 1: For Want of Mithril
Aaaaah! This is amazing!
aliennepton chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Totally love it! Will read the rest of this series 3
Arienis chapter 1 . 4/9/2006
I really enjoyed this story! The description was riveting and the change of the ringbearer was great. I wish you could go on in the story, but it is fine as a one-piece. Good job and good luck on any further writing!

Arienis
Femisis chapter 1 . 12/3/2005
Oh, I loved it! Now I have to go read the rest!
Portia chapter 1 . 2/6/2004
This is very interesting. I'm looking forward to see where you're going with it.
Though I love Legolas too much to want to read about him dying!
Theresa Green chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
"The elf's death would be Middle-Earth's salvation."

Oh my word! What a wonderful story! This is such an exciting and well-written tale. I'm enjoying it so much. I just loved your ideas concerning the effects the One Ring would have on an Elf. Very original!

Many, many thanks for posting this story.

Theresa
Rose Sared chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
What an astoundingly good AU. All your characters are so In character even though the story is so AU it takes my breath away. i found your story by following a link from Aislyn Crowdaughter's page and I am most happy i have. Thanks for the ride I'm off to read the other two or so.

Rose Sared
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Hi! I just found this story and have to say: This is *awesome*. A great idea for an AU, and even more well written and greatly done with the consequences. The moment the ring and sauron nearly take over Legolas is breathtaking, and the little bits of the consequences of him bearing the ring are greatly written: fo example the part where he slips at the leap because of the ring, and his sudden insight that Gandalf is wearing the ring of fire. Then the shock of Galadriels relevation that Legolas fulfilling the quest will also be his death, save he be overcome by the power of the ring and so give unwillingly a new boy to Sauron... is a tightly bound and tragic idea, that gives the story all the more depth and makes the quest all the more thrilling. I can only hope that Legolas will bodily *jump* into the fires of Mount Doom, ring and all, before he allows this! And the consequences of this relevation for Aragorn, who has unknowingly doomed his friend to death... The moment when he cut the ring off was tightly written and made me swalow.

This is beautifully done, and I will follow this story as it unfolds very exdcited. Thank yozu for this great stuff!

Aislynn
Rosie chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Wow! What a story, so gonna read the others. Massive about of stuff. It makes mine (sort of simalair fic) look naff!
Huinesoron chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Oh. My. God.

I wish I'd come up with this idea! Although I probably couldn't have done it even half as well. And now, I must go and read the other... what, three parts?

hS
Faith1 chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Wow. This is really good. I've thought a lot about how Legolas would cope if he continued on to Mordor but never bearing the ring. Extremely well written, flowed beautifully and captured the characers wonderfully. Please continue soon.
Rose Cotton chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
The end? You mean we don't find out if Legolas succeeds or not? How could you?

I'm running late, so I don't have time to properly review this, but I think it was excellent. Good work.
Novaeariel chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Wow, what a lot of work!

I think it paid off quite well.

You showed Legolas' struggle brilliantly.

Keep up the excellent work.