Reviews for The Yajuu Sannin
dragon44pride chapter 1 . 12/22/2021
Don't listen to Haters and Write whatever you want
Li-Ion89 chapter 23 . 12/9/2021
shuolda killed haku when they had a chance he has no use in this fic at all
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2021
That fake out was cute, I’ll admit
Zelenal chapter 49 . 11/30/2021
I'll be honest, I was hesitant going into this story due to the summary and first couple paragraphs but man am I glad I gave it a chance. This is easily one of the best fics I've read and is in fierce competition with Team 8. I honestly can't say which I like more since Team 8 (and the author's Harry Potter fic) hold a very special place in my heart but I love them both, if for different reasons.

What I CAN say is that the fact that you didn't start this until the original manga ended means that you have (and have used) the ability to do some things that I REALLY enjoy seeing like having things that were revealed in the future with little-to-no setup can be used in Part 1. The endless retcons is one of the things about Naruto that really bugged me, especially when they very frequently made past events make no damn sense (like why Jiraiya never told Naruto about the Uzumaki clan or why Naruto never displayed proficiency with fuinjutsu despite that being his clan's entire shtick). You even went so far as to establish possibly the single worst retcon/reveal, the Outsutsuki, from the beginning and that's neat.

Let me also say that I was INCREDIBLY relieved when I came to this chapter and saw that A/N that was dated about a week ago from this review. When I saw that the story hadn't been updated in two years, I had assumed the worst.

Of course, as much as I love the story, I do have some minor nitpicks. While I love the attention to clever usage of ninjutsu and ESPECIALLY fuinjutsu (criminally underutilized in canon), I do wish that you showcased taijutsu a bit more, especially since two members of Team 7 specialize in it. I know you've said that you have trouble with it but you'll always have trouble with it if you don't practice it and it's not like you can ignore it in something like Naruto. Team 8 is a good example to learn from in how to write good taijutsu exchanges so that's a good place to learn from (and, if I may self promote a bit, a few stories that I've worked on like Tales of the Monkey Queen and Remnants of Fate are also filled with melee combat for more examples).

Another minor nitpick is the development of Naruto and Hinata's relationship. While I adore their friendship and Team 7's dynamic as a whole, I also know that NaruHina is your endgame and I honestly think this story is lacking in sweet moments between the two that showcase their budding romance (again, Team 8 does this very well). You made a bit of a deal about Hinata's crush on Naruto in the early chapters and it comes up in the narration every so often and also in minor things like how Hinata focuses on Naruto a bit more than Sasuke but there's almost nothing from Naruto's end. The only thing that springs to mind is Naruto thinking that Haku is even prettier than Hinata (and I GUESS Naruto not wanting Hinata to be in danger from Zabuza but that honestly felt more like a sexism thing).

My last minor complaint is that the power scaling feels wonky. Team 7 has trained their ass off and STARTED at low Chuunin level. Meanwhile, everyone else, at least until the Chuunin Exams, seem to have trained about as much as in canon (Sakura aside but I honestly don't care about her, not even here) and yet still somehow manage to mostly keep up. Like, Team 7 didn't really seem to do THAT much better against Haku than in canon despite the hell Kakashi put them through. In the end, despite all of the extra training, Naruto and Sasuke feel about as strong as their canon counterparts which is weird (in some cases, they might even be a bit weaker since, at this point, canon Sasuke was as fast as weightless Lee with Naruto being comparable yet that doesn't seem to be the case here). Hell, Naruto was pulling Kage-level feats in the Sound/Sand Invasion during his battle with Shukaku. I'm not counting the Kumo team in this, by the by, since they're obviously not Genin (or they are in the same way that Naruto is a Genin for all of Part 2).

I honestly have a LOT more I could say but I might save those for when I inevitably decide to reread this and can break down my thoughts chapter-by-chapter.

Keep up the great work and I hope you're doing well in this hellish time we find ourselves in.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/28/2021
The hinata bits are straight up trash. Hope this isn't Narutoxhinata
Guest chapter 6 . 11/27/2021
How did hinata find out about Naruto's passing, tho?
Syndicate Leader Ra chapter 18 . 11/28/2021
There's an error where you introduce Huli, I love the story, but knowing that Ur a perfectionist I thought I'd draw it to your attention.
dragon44pride chapter 2 . 11/27/2021
Fuinjutsu using Naruto could he awaken the Adamantine Chains. Any reason why not?
awesomeitude chapter 18 . 11/26/2021
You have the Kitsune Hellfire jutsu say the level 2 is white here.
tylerbraden13 chapter 49 . 11/25/2021
Really glad you're coming back to this I cant wait to see more you're an amazing writer
yessirbaka chapter 49 . 11/23/2021
omg I was getting updates about this story and I wasn't sure about what and I saw this author's note, so I hope you update for future chaptersThank you so muchhh!
dragon44pride chapter 48 . 11/23/2021
Hope you're planning to start back up again.
awesomeitude chapter 48 . 11/23/2021
Hey, my guy. I love that you still update this story, but when is the next update gonna be a new chapter? I know that life is difficult and sometimes holds you up; hell, I have a story that I haven't updated in years, but I just wanna know. Take all the time you need, but I wanna know since I still remember you posting that you would upload it next week two years ago.

Take your time,
awesomeitude
Uday Sra chapter 49 . 11/16/2021
Awesome. Please update soon
Is3kai chapter 43 . 11/13/2021
Interestingly enough, Kurama doesn’t seem to be as big of a dick here
1,920 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »