Reviews for For Those We Cherish
Jadex Imperia chapter 1 . 3/11/2020
UODATE I KNOW YOYRN STILL ALIVE. THE MEPROR WILLS IT NOW UPDATE
JustMonikammmmmmmmmm chapter 2 . 1/24/2020
Given the time since the last update, I'm sure this is dead. Life happens. I'm a writer, too. I understand completely.

But I want you to know that I don't think I've seen a crossover story yet, between any fandoms, that so well captures the essence and spirit of either 40K (at its best, when it tries so hard to fight back the darkness and turn noblebright) or RWBY.

I am in love with all of your characters. I'm in love with your action writing - which is high praise from me, because I normally just skim the things (I'm more of an interaction and fluff sort of writer and reader myself). I'm absolutely head-over-heels for your characterization of Ruby Rose, in particular, and I think I prefer this interpretation of her to any other I've seen. I'm in love with your Lamenters, and how hard they strive to remember what it is they're fighting for and where they came from, not completely losing themselves in their transhumanity like some other chapters have - and I'm in love with their failings at it, too. The rescue of that poor woman, the lengths they went to to save her, and everything that came after it summed up what the Lamenters are all about. I think somewhere out there, Sanguinius *and* Vulkan and maybe the Big E himself are smiling. And the good venerable dreadnought Vaspasian... I don't even have words for him. Emperor bless his wonderful soul.

The Guard coming in to save the day, too, I think, does a better job of capturing 40K than anything else I've had the pleasure of reading. At the end of the day, while the Space Marines are His bulwark against the terror, in the end, the survival of humanity will hang on the performance of good men and women with nothing else but Administratum-issued, Mechanicus-built cardboard vests, flashlights, and adamantium balls, and it's damn good being reminded that the Guard can play hero just as much as His Space Marines. I gave a nice loud WHOOP when they made their appearance and got a weird look from my roomie for it, and it was totally worth it.

The Hunters, too, got their fair shake, which is an incredible accomplishment given the level that the Astartes and the Guard are on. Local experts, handled respectfully and intelligently. Treated like near-equals and valuable assets and comrades, as they well should be. Admired for their unwavering dedication to keeping the world alive and carrying the torch of hope in the face of an unending foe. And all of them handled in writing with a beautiful degree of care and finesse. I could spend an hour writing how much I enjoyed your handling of all of them, but in particular I'd just like to point out that the presentation of poor Jaune so perfectly embodies the spirit of RWBY - in a fucking 40K crossover, that's an achievement and a half, given the usual nature of 40K! - that you deserve a damn medal for it.

All in all, I can't rate this high enough.

You made my night in just two chapters, and... well, thank you. If nothing else, I hope I've conveyed how I feel about this piece well enough.

I know you've probably shelved this, and that's okay, but let me be the first to say that I would love more than anything to see it make a comeback.

Think of it this way: you and I both know that we'd love to see the righteous fury the Lamenters would bring to bear against Torchwick and the other traitors. Right? (Sorry, it sucks for her, but Cinder can get her redemption in another story, eh?)

Anyway, thank you very much, and good night.
lmc9389 chapter 2 . 11/10/2019
Shit this is awesome. Hope you continue
LarryTheBird chapter 1 . 8/31/2019
His more updated version of this story can be found on Spacebattles, your welcome!
Dessel Ordo chapter 2 . 8/22/2019
Awesome fic, really enjoyed it.
Hope you come back to it some day.
Razie.B chapter 1 . 8/13/2019
Demon among Devils new chapter when?
Razie.B chapter 1 . 8/13/2019
Demon among Devils new chapter when?
Angry Santo chapter 2 . 8/12/2019
Well this was a fun romp while it lasted.

If ever there's more great. If not, no biggie.
TheSpawn117 chapter 2 . 7/31/2019
I really Like this Story and how it’s going so far. Hopefully There’s an update soon?
RandomLamenter chapter 2 . 7/5/2019
WE NEED MORE GOD DAMN IT
SpudyPotato chapter 2 . 7/2/2019
Bloody amazing story
Vanessa Masters chapter 2 . 6/25/2019
Ha! That Cyril guy, similar to Ya g, and Ruby making the ancient laugh.

It’s all so badass awesome, and only two chapters? A travesty!

Need more, so wonderful a read.
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 6/25/2019
Eveline had been particularly proud of that picture. It was one of her finest shots. The angle captured the atmosphere perfectly. The heroism. The sacrifice.

None of that compared to what was just now happening in front of her.

The giant, one hand on the hilt of his sword, the other still cradling his fragile charge.

The woman, frail and weak, one arm dangling down from a slumped shoulder.

The child, a small figure standing in the shadow of their protector, her hand wrapped tightly around her sister's.

Eveline's fingers tremble as they reach for the capture button hidden in her sleeve.

This is the shot that will make her famous

And Atheon too, oh wow, love how he went beyond for the faunaus girl.

I guess these imperium men aren’t bigots, or xenophobic like the others usually are, it’s a change and I like it.
R4ampage chapter 2 . 4/11/2019
Loved it all way through! Hope the Author posts the rest of the story here to at some point! Sitting and searching through the entire forum where he posts the rest is just bothersome when it already has over 700 Pages there.
Ronmr chapter 2 . 3/3/2019
The Ancient is awesome. Please more.
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »