Reviews for For Those We Cherish
UndeadLord22 chapter 1 . 2/28/2019
Pity that I had not ever, in my days in the , have seen this story, nor overlooked it. And pity... that it has not been updated.
Spiritblade chapter 2 . 2/16/2019
A winner of a story. It's embarrassing that I overlooked this gem..
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2018
Yo is big bobby g gonna find remnant and give the boys in yellow the canon reinforcement to at least the 5th company?
Brutalcrab chapter 1 . 11/6/2018
All these years...Where did you go my chaos lord?
Su-34 chapter 2 . 11/4/2018
That’s so freaking adamantium!

from heartwarming moments in the first chapter to epic battle scenes - everything in this fic is glourious!
The fact that author shows equal respect both to 40K and RWBY is damn amazing! Many usually portrait Astartes as unstoppable killing machines and other universes as weak and pathetic but not here. And RWBY universe merges with Warhammer lore so good here. Attention to details and lore, characters motivation and interaction, humor and epic moments!

Author should send this to GW! I would love to see something like that published by BL (well, minus RWBY, of course, we can’t have everything because of legal issuies)
Chalister chapter 1 . 9/23/2018
Can someone PM me the link to the space battles forum where this is being posted?
Pyromania101 chapter 2 . 8/25/2018
The author seems to be updating this more on spacebattles. Maybe once he's done there, he'll come back and put the chapters here. I'm hoping he's just taking an extended break from this site and not abandoning it outright.
Jojobrn chapter 2 . 8/22/2018
This is incredibly well written.
OmegaUltima chapter 2 . 8/1/2018
Looking forward to and hoping for more~!
goldenEY3 chapter 2 . 6/1/2018
There’s so much happening here, I hardly know where to begin.

The best thing about this fic is how the characters interact. It’s got great scenes that really brings an air of humanity to the Astartes, such as Aethon telling the guardswoman who’s giving children rides on a Sentinel that it’s not the right way to use it, but doesn’t telling them to stop. And their attempts at humor are great, even if they fail pretty hard. Someone should tell Yang they take things seriously; metaphors tend to go over their head. Or not, it was fun to see her try and fail to make a sexual innuendo.

It’s all touching, charming, and really shows that despite being posthuman, the Astartes are still at least a little human. It puts a face to everyone instead of having them be the helmeted mooks of the Chapter.

It’s also great seeing Ruby geek out and talk shop about guns and weapons. If you ever give her a Vengeance round, give me ten minutes to run away before anything ‘unexpectedly’ blows up.

The action sense are many, and wonderfully done without getting bogged down in needless detail. Given the heavy action of 40k and the anime-esque scenes of RWBY, that’s no small feat.

The only real critique I have is that the RWBY characters are introduced too fast, and without any warning. I understand that all the Astartes are OCs and need to be defined to us the readers, but simply having Ruby and crew pop up is a bit jarring. Once they’re doing things, it all flows together really well, but it could use a bit more of an intro. We’ve had one (massive) chapter to get to know the Lamenters; a few paragraphs to learn about your interpretation of the RWBY characters would be nice, especially to how they react to finding out they’re not alone in the universe.

Looking forward to more!
ezeros chapter 1 . 5/19/2018
Google "SpaceBattle For those we cherish" for even more content which are updated much recently. The Emperor Protects!
Azarune chapter 2 . 4/26/2018
This... This is everything I want in a 40k RWBY fanfic. You're amazing and all your stories are amazing and I hope you're doing well and keep writing. Best wishes!
dekuton chapter 1 . 4/20/2018
i am sad there isnt more content to this. is fantastically written.
Artyom-Dreizehn chapter 2 . 4/15/2018
Really love this and already done with 4.6! I'm looking forward how the Astartes will enlighten them the dangers of automaton and Abominable Intelligence that lead to age of strife and how will the astartes confront this dilemma. Poor Penny... Thumbs up and looking forward foe more!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/1/2018
Hey, it’s me again. I’m just doing this to let you know that I still love reading this story and that I hope you update soon! Id hate for a story like this to die and be forgotten!
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »