Reviews for Canvas
bajy chapter 6 . 8/2/2019
Terrifying
Great job here
KentuckyMacFuck chapter 3 . 5/17/2018
I will die of sadness from this fic.
bartlettpear chapter 6 . 2/9/2018
Isamu is a good kid. I am so relieved that there's still hope for Isamu and he isn't dead. Izuku recognizing All Might made me cry. Sensei is terrifying. While I am curious what made Tetsumi turn out the way she did, I am more on the side of her not being able to hurt Toshinori or Isamu more. That said, I think she might have some attachment to Isamu. Toshinori/All Might is so cool. He did great finishing getting them out if there and to UA. Your storytelling is riveting. I feel bad Hibiki died, that we got to see his last moments was heartbreaking. Her afterimage quirk is amazing yet also terribly tragic watching people in their last throws of life. Fitting for investigation work though. Really wonderful AU :)
Guest chapter 3 . 12/16/2017
Critique first-I think the singular moment that bothers me most in the story is Izuka hearing All Might's call. You mention a bit later about what All Might sounds like, but I think a great deal of impact is lost by not describing the desperate call as heard by Deku in more detail.

I love the One For All at the end. He's such a horrible person. I also love to see AllMight mute and almost wish it'd last longer, or that we'd even had got the chance to see him interact with the school mute. It's just such a fascinating deconstruction of the things he depends on. I think that, were he to remain mute, it would have been the most upsetting aspect of everything for him.
GoldenGriffiness chapter 6 . 12/18/2017
So much to say here, where to start...

Stupid One For All. (Luckily stupid but still.) It's AllMight. You left him someone a few feet away who needed saving. If COURSE he's going to pull off the impossible. You should realize that. I think he could have solved this problem by:

A) Making sure Isamu was dead
B) fixing the chains just to be sure
C) Taking Isamu out of the room

**SPOILERS**

D) doing the command now.

Someone needs to be forcefed the evil overlord list XD (thank goodness!)

Yagi's fall here is so heart-wrenching. And man Aizawa came CLOSE. If it wasn't for him saying Midorya...

I love the race through the streets and Toshi sobbing into Zuki's shoulder... And just about every moment in this chapter ever. It's striking, it's heartrending, you can really REALLY feel the characters motivations.

Thanks for a great read!
Dardarax chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
*minor spoilers*

I know All Might's still not used to being powerless, but come on man, when you've just learned your arch nemesis has escaped, maybe it's not a good idea to go home alone, at least have one person there with you!

Then again, I doubt there's anyone who'd have been able to stop All for One even if he had brought someone along, but still. XD Not complaining about the writing of course, just pointing out how silly All Might was.

That aside, I really enjoyed this. Got a really strong premise here and I look forward to seeing how this plays out, and what the other hero's reactions will be to whatever happens to poor Toshinori. That's going to be pretty heartbreaking.

I love emotionally breaking drama and terribly tense situations like this. Exploring the idea of helplessness is always fascinating to me. So great job so far!

Let your imagination flourish,
Dardarax
GoldenGriffiness chapter 5 . 12/17/2017
Another fantastic chapter. I get grumpy when fiction doesn't address a transformation with how weird alien sensations would be, so I was really happy to see that was not the case here! Toshi's fear and despair are palpable, I adore his reaction to just about everything here and the blanking out bits are appropriately eerie.

I said last chapter was where Isamu became a great character- this chapter is when I started 'please let this kid survive.'
GoldenGriffiness chapter 4 . 12/16/2017
This is SUCH a potent chapter. Toshi's reactions to everything are both powerful and in character. His fear and want to help even his tormentor as well. It hearkens to what he's said in canon- that the best heroes have that overpowering desperate desire to help, even when circumstance seems totally against them.

I think this is the chapter when Isamu starts becoming a great character as well. Also, it's good to see him use devour for something useful, I imagine that goes a long way to helping him accept it.
GoldenGriffiness chapter 2 . 12/14/2017
You clearly put lots of thought into how best to get at Toshi. However I think All For One would have done better if he didn't leave anyone for him to feel protective over. (Though it's also a better reference to how broken he is I suppose.)

His reactions are heartbreaking and I love it! D
GoldenGriffiness chapter 1 . 12/14/2017
This is a very strong start. Things are appropriately ominous and Toshinori's reactions are fantastic. Certainly made it so I could not stop reading!
Astoon chapter 6 . 12/3/2017
This is sooo good!
Connie chapter 6 . 8/6/2017
It seemed with every other paragraph, my hands were clutched to my face, gasping "oh no!" and variations on "oh All Might ...3" and "someone come save him! ;_;" and whimpers. Great story! Also not gonna lie, this last chapter had tears spring to my eyes. Rushing to the next story now. Much love lots of hearts to you amazing author!
Mauveine Mystic chapter 6 . 8/4/2017
My, I love fics with this sort of premise, and your "Canvas" excellently delivers! Toshinori's mental degradation and emotional rollercoasters were so well-written, and the OCs worked perfectly. Isamu had death flags for days, so much of my time on him was wondering if he'd get axed; I've got to read the sequels to find out if he lives, and also because your writing is something quite pleasant to experience! And that reunion with Izuku...why, I might as well be sniffling. Fantastic story!
Guest chapter 6 . 7/18/2017
what a lovely happy story
i didnt cry nOPE
Anon chapter 6 . 11/6/2016
Awesome story! This is probably my favorite story in this fandom, it's so great! I'm really looking forward to the sequel!