Reviews for Canvas
thelunamoth chapter 6 . 11/1/2016
i loved it i almost cried sevral times, i cant wait for the sequal to come out. please don't abandon it it is so good! 3
Angryboy13 chapter 6 . 11/1/2016
OMG the ending was intense I'm glad All Mighthe made it.
Nucleophile chapter 6 . 10/31/2016
I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad that was I right about predicting the climax. Regardless, excellent work.

Smart move with switching POVs to Isamu to complete his characterization. Part of me wonders if the phone call to mom could have featured a more definitive pause to deepen the impact of Isamu's resolution, but the scene gets the job done regardless. Ending was a bit abrupt, but satisfying nonetheless.

Also: how fitting that this tale ends on Halloween. Congrats on spinning such a solid yarn and best of luck with future endeavors.
Nucleophile chapter 5 . 10/30/2016
Excellent chapter. Progression was solid, with just enough bends to keep us guessing.

Ending line strikes a stark difference in tone with the general darkness of the chapter, and works well to provide hope for a coming climax while also remaining painfully aware of Toshinori's declining cognition.

Finally, kudos on the realism and world building aspect of the tail growth scenes. At least one of you knows a thing or two about limb morphogenesis, and it showed!

Keep it up,
-Nucleophile
Angryboy13 chapter 5 . 10/21/2016
That last line was awesome!
thelunamoth chapter 4 . 10/17/2016
quadruple thumbs up!
moonshadow chapter 4 . 10/10/2016
No! save him! Return him to normal! Yagi! GAAAAAAAAHHH!
i want to help him so bad, but im not in the story...sad face.
Angryboy13 chapter 4 . 10/10/2016
This is good, really good :3
Nucleophile chapter 4 . 10/10/2016
The degree to which this fic is underrated is absolutely criminal, maybe even unforgiveable. Guess you'll have to put up with me for a bit longer, then. Try not to second-guess your writing style. It's top-notch by this fandom's standards and solid in its own right.

Excellent way to start the scene. The description of the IV bag was tasteful and in no way excessive. Characterizations of Tetsumi and Isamu were subtle and wonderfully balanced. Dialogue shined as usual. Only thing I can say is to be careful with your pacing as the story moves into its next phase. A lot of people fuck it up with transitions like these, myself included. Changes in direction are great, of course. Just take care to not lose the original feel.

Fantastic job, you two. And good luck. I'll try to stay on top of your updates to build momentum.

-Nucleophile
moonshadow chapter 3 . 10/4/2016
Yagi-senpi! noooo! stay strong, the police will find you. don't worry why? because we're coming to help!
Kirchman chapter 3 . 10/4/2016
I don't have much in way of critique at the moment, but I wanted to at least leave you a comment.
Yes. This is so good? I don't know how you have achieved this sorcery but however you did it don't stop. A gold star 11/10 that is some satisfying fanfic right there
moonshadow chapter 2 . 9/30/2016
more, please its so good!, you are a very talented writer, keep up the good work.
Nucleophile chapter 2 . 9/28/2016
Ayyy... well done. I really appreciate you showcasing toshinori's intelligence. Most people only write his oafish side. Nice touch on the whole 'I hate hospital food' spiel given his medical Hx. As a medical professional myself, that was a very genuine account which did wonders for the story's texture.

On critiques: I don't have anything to critique in terms of style (I guess you could work a little better with imagery when setting the scene, but since this story is largely dialogue-driven, that's more to my taste than anything), but I can definitely give feedback on pacing/ characterization/ plot line once there's a suitable amount of material to work with. Best of luck on the next installment!

Nucleophile
K. Elat chapter 1 . 9/23/2016
First things first, this is everything I ever wanted in a bnha fic.
I saw this randomly on Tumblr and just HAD to find a medium where I could bookmark it and check back for updates. Thank god I found it here.
Nice work. I hope with my whole being that you are inspired to continue what you have started!
Noyb chapter 1 . 9/21/2016
Y'know, the thought hadn't occurred to me until now, but it would be interesting if Horikoshi decided to do with the now depowered Toshinori what he originally wanted to do with Izuku. (If you don't know, originally Horikoshi wanted to make Izuku a Batman analogue-no powers to call his own, just training, guts, and ingenuity. (Un?)fortunately, his editor or boss or something told him to give Izuku a quirk.)
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »