Reviews for Midnight by the Weasley Watch
pipib chapter 2 . 12/7/2021
I liked the first chapter but the formatting made it almost impossible to read. I found quite a few stories with this problem on FanFiction
I wonder why? Is it a problem with the app?
eshraq chapter 14 . 12/7/2021
Wow.. what a ride that was
I take it the writer never kept her word on the sequal ha..
great story non the less
AJ Freas chapter 14 . 9/12/2021
This story was so much fun. Suspense, humor, drama... everything a reader could ask for. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/8/2021
This was a fun story, even if there's no sequel.
Cecilia/zoya1416
Guest chapter 3 . 7/7/2021
What a scary fate! Draco being possessed to win chess games. I'm not especially fond of chess, but I'm enjoying the stratagems used.

Cecilia/ zoya1416
Mondmaedchen chapter 7 . 7/13/2020
I checked the publication date and almost died. This was published 19 days before I was born.
DeadFish37 chapter 14 . 2/2/2020
Great story. Pretty disappointed that you never got round to the sequel, as I'd have loved to see where it went. I enjoy your very sympathetic Snape.
PollyWantCookie chapter 14 . 12/11/2019
Loved it! Chess-playing Ron is one of my favourites, even if I have no head for the game myself... I felt Snapes perspective was really well done as well. Thanks for sharing!
sittingfrogs chapter 14 . 7/19/2019
Even though this story is almost 15 years old now, I found it quite enjoyable. I have not the slightest idea about chess, but everything fit the little bits and pieces I’ve heard about competitive chess in the muggle world. The tournament itself was surprisingly gripping and I’d read more about Ron and Snape as a chess duo under the guiding hand of al-Hadoud.
Guest chapter 14 . 3/20/2019
Absolutely love this! Don't normally review but this one was so good that I had to. To anyone who (like me) checks comments to determine if the fic is a worthy read, take my word for it and read this one :D
Corwyn chapter 14 . 3/18/2019
Loved this story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
FlameSparks7 chapter 7 . 12/27/2018
Hmm, it is interesting to think about it when you think from the perspective of when the rest of the books haven't been released. Looking for protection is as good as being racist.

But from the memories we get from Snape in DH, Snape already had suspicions about Remus and Lily was asking why Snape was hounding the Mauraders which doesn't make sense if they were bullying Snape.
Kawisdom chapter 14 . 8/10/2018
I don't care in the least about chess but read this story from first words to last in a day, so great work! Ron and Snape showed noncanon, surprising qualities that didn't clash in the least with who we know them to be.
Ron showed signs of actual levelheadedness when he's frequently depicted as a shallow hothead and I appreciate the way he felt responsible for Ginny, both her safety and happiness. Protective Ron I've seen, but thoughtful or generous? Not until this story.
Snape's story line involved more subterfuge, of course, and danger, too. He seemed to appreciate Ron's kindness to a child brought into the competitive chess world young just as he was. I wonder if anyone went out of their way to simply be friendly when he was young, besides the emir, who could hardly have qualified as a playmate. It seems that Snape can dress when he's not teaching young dunderheads not to blow up the lab! Unbiased observers can see him as attractive if not conventionally handsome and he does have the ability to flirt when he's not surrounded by coworkers and students. Who would suspect? And he can walk into a dangerous situation and get himself out. We know this in a general way from canon and lots of fan fiction depicts him in danger, but more often than not it's Voldemort/cruciatus. Your Death Eater trap was more like a spy novel, treacherous and fast moving. Even his grudge game with Lucius fit that pattern (If James Bond were smarter.). I'm glad you wrote that you intended sequels. I'll be looking them up.
Cassandra30 chapter 14 . 6/23/2018
Excellent! Glad Severus got the gifts he did.
Cassandra30 chapter 13 . 6/23/2018