Reviews for Government Bloodhounds
gleamfang chapter 16 . 6/2/2011
Pretty action packed but I must say for a dying spirit, it kicked a heck of a lot of ass!

So Quistis was dead but brought back to life cause of Phoenix Down? Funny how it's a spell too? Aren't they supposed to draw magic, how did they cast magic with incantations and hand signs if they didn't draw? Also I don't get how Isak was the only guy with magic. Oh well it was awesome but more Seiftis would have been nice!

Cheers

Keep Writing
Achi J chapter 13 . 3/29/2011
lol Them walking in queue reminded me of how the game had party members trailing after Squall all the time. i would make squall run in circles and laugh as the conga line followed
Courgette chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
This trilogy is my alltime favourite on FFnet. Just thought you ought to know :D

I read it some time ago, and left a lot of comments, although I wasn't logged in. It is beyond brilliant :D

The only thing I didn't like was the messup of the formatting in this one, but you said there wasn't anything you could do about it, I think :D

Thanks alot!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 16 . 6/12/2008
It's over, and I'm feeling immensely satisfied. Endings are always important in this sense, and what can I say, you made it really memorable - and not just the ending, but every single chapter that led up to it, too.

-excitedly scrambles off to begin reading SDTC-
Charmeuse Tea chapter 14 . 6/12/2008
I give thee further praise for attention to detail. Fight scene's extremely well-choreographed!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 12 . 6/11/2008
I like the way you play with words, smushing them together with no spaces in between. It really enhances the disoriented ambiance of everything. Plus, it's fun to try to read.

Also...are you sure you hadn't finished the game yet when you started writing this fic! Because your characterization is superb, really one of the best handlings of S & Q that I've ever come across. Just...pow!
Charmeuse Tea chapter 10 . 6/10/2008
The plot is getting so deliciously creepy. I really wasn't expecting such a strange turn of events (you know you're good when you manage to surprise the reader!). The whole setting of the Gothic castle really reminds me of Castlevania...awesome.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 7 . 6/9/2008
Event-wise, there ain't much going on, but nevertheless, you make this whole chapter interesting to read. There are some really solid introspective moments, and the 'angst', as you refer to it, rocks my socks. Why? Because it's desultory and that makes it all the more realistic:

"He had to concentrate. The future fortunes of the Galbadian Garden were resting on him.

He scratched his ass.

Maybe he should go get some cocoa."
Charmeuse Tea chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
You know what I really got a kick out of? Quistis and Seifer throwing brickbats back and forth for the longest time, and then Gen hesitantly saying they should get going. The spotlight was completely on Quistis and Seifer, absorbed in their own conversation, and then it suddenly switched back to Gen and I was like...Ohmigod, I forgot he was still standing there, which made for a good laugh. That was a cool device, if I can even call it that.
Charmeuse Tea chapter 2 . 6/6/2008
I love your writing style - it's really distinct, and I've got quite a few things to say about it.

First, the attention you give to detail is amazing and a real treat to the senses (all of 'em!). I'm completely immersed in the seediness that is Marduk City. Also, words/phrases like "spanner" and "jugular vein" as opposed to, say, "tool" or "pulse" give authority to your voice. Specific descriptions are always nice.

I'd like to point out that sometimes your sentences get so long that it's easy to get lost in them (main vs. subordinate clauses), but this is a really minor thing.

You use parentheses a lot and it's actually refreshing because I've never seen anything quite like it from any writer.

And, by God, you make me laugh! And I can tell that the humor is a part of your natural voice, too.

I know I haven't actually commented on the story itself (yet), but expect many more reviews from me in the near future! :)
cat chapter 16 . 1/14/2008
ohmyfucinggawd that was incredible.

in like...every sense :D

so I loved it.

too much.

_ i think i'll start the next one now (even though it's 1am)...
cat chapter 14 . 1/14/2008
read the explanation, and I've been getting it all :D

so amazing. I'm totally freaking out and on my toes all the way through this...
cat chapter 7 . 1/14/2008
quite a few discworld influences, actually :D
weep blood chapter 16 . 4/29/2007
great job! i'm really wondering why i only encountered your fic now. i must have been lazy to read something long in the past. haha anyway, you've done a really great job in ths fic. well thought of and really different from the others. i'm definitely gonna read the sequel! c
Salena chapter 16 . 11/15/2006
Beautiful, beautiful. Girl you could write a book. And I'd be the first to buy it.