Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
Guest chapter 21 . 6/12/2021
So, if you wanted to live by stats, I could make a suggestion...
Upload this to AO3, and revel in the glory again.
This was a superb work, you managed to bring a tear to the eye now and then, and neither of the main characters had to die to do so.
Apart from minor editing problems, this is top tier writing.
I look forward to searching out more of your work.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/2/2021
Probably an irrelevancy, and possibly noted before, but working with the original scripts, the lead polar bear character was usually referred to as Boris Kozlov, Morris being his son (from the taming party scene).
The 'extra fine detail' is a writer choice thing, prosaic description varying with reader's taste. As I listen to these works as opposed to trolling through walls of text, I'm finding the colourful writing bearable but not quite tedious, I'm sure there are people out there that have never enjoyed the pleasures of catching the subway...
RTPilon chapter 10 . 6/1/2021
While this is now years down the track, I'll throw some comments out and see where they land...
I too have tried to gain the pity vote of self deprication with the readers, but it doesn't work, they'll just poke you for your show of weakness.
My only real comment is to your self beratement of failing to be perfect, but this is a subjective thing, and based on the number of stories I've abandoned readingfor one reaso or another, I am intent on working my way through ALL of your works as I am enjoying them.
I try not to be a gramar nazi (but I will try to correct) instead looking more for the creativity within the author.
My standard suggesion to authors trying to work without editors, is to listen to your work via text to speech (without looking at the text), as minor spelling and gramatical errors will show themselves there.
Feel free to log into AO3 and tell me how bad my works are ;)
RTPilon chapter 6 . 5/28/2021
Dammit!
RT Pilon chapter 1 . 5/27/2021
'I'm not a writer!'
I've got good news and bad news, the good news is, 'Yes you are', the bad news is, 'You're gonna have to live with it'.
When I left school, I didn't write anything for the next forty years!
Then Zootopia hit me as well, and I've got about fourteen stories out there. Sure, they're mostly all rubbish, but not being a perfectionist (tongue wedged firmly and painfully in cheek), I'm happy to leave my attempts for all to scoff at.
You may not be Shakespeare or Tolstoy yet, but what you HAVE done shows your potential, and I can assure that you are entertaining enough people to be deemed worthy.
My only regret of you was deleting your first effort (which brought me to here, courtesy of Combat engineer), which a/ seemed well written for a first effort and b/ really should have been finished!
10 Dark chapter 1 . 1/8/2021
Hello.

Well : better late than never, eh ? ;) I mean, posting a review. I read this story
all the way to the last " jot and title " , you could say, quite some time ago - I don't
remember precisely when I first came across your story ; my mind simply doesn't
work that way. I suppose, maybe, someone like Star Trek's Mr. Spock, with copper
instead of iron in his blood chemistry, would much more likely be able to give an
inhumanly accurate account of his life and the various activities within it.

I really like this story. It's very interesting. I'm especially interested in your
character : Harrison. I might be able to complete and publish a story of my own,
and I would like to write a part for Harrison, if you're agreeable. Of course, if you'd
rather not " loan him out " , that'll be O.K. ; I'm sure that I can manage just fine all
by myself.

Well, I guess that's enough, for now. Thanks for a delightful and thought
provoking story. I hope to have some of my own ready sometime this year. Peace.

~ finis. ~
Soulfire72 chapter 21 . 11/10/2020
Very impressive, considering it's your first story. With enough effort and understanding of the characters the way you do though, it goes to show that experience isn't necessarily everything when it comes to writing fanfiction.
Soulfire72 chapter 20 . 11/10/2020
I think I recognise Cotton now here at the end, what with her parting words for Judy.
You've really improved since the beginning. The character interaction and dialogue are on point for everyone, so good work.
Soulfire72 chapter 4 . 10/19/2020
I quite liked the balance of environment with dialogue in this chapter; the dialogue is good, but balancing it and breaking up with the environment, or interacting with it, make the story flow nicer.
Soulfire72 chapter 1 . 10/17/2020
For one who isn't a writer this was pretty impressive writing. It's clear you know the characters well, and their dialogue feels very natural to how they'd interact. The problem of fanfiction with filling in the gaps left by the canon is something very familiar to all such writers, but you've done a good job so far. Looking forward to more.
Blkdragon7 chapter 21 . 8/31/2020
Ok. I cried, and I hate you for it in the best ways. Brilliantly written, and a very unique perspective. I cannot wait to delve into more of your work.

Critique... Writing is overall solid and mostly error free. Minor issues that a good 3rd party proofread could correct. A him instead of her, thongs like that. The occasional questionable word choice. Not wrong just... is it really the best word.
supersegways117 chapter 21 . 1/5/2020
This story is as captivating as it is long. Truly, I have not read a story like this. With all the sincerity I can put into my words, this was an amazing read. Every chapter made me smile, every chapter made me think, every chapter made my heart ache. The characters were just so real to me.
MovedToA03 chapter 7 . 12/24/2019
Why TF is nick getting Anakin Skywalker visions lmao
MovedToA03 chapter 3 . 12/23/2019
Ironic song selection after seeing the joker:
banana chapter 21 . 11/17/2019
fue algo triste pero al final logro liberarse