Reviews for If After All
magnolia1717 chapter 11 . 5/5
Too sad.
starlite22 chapter 11 . 4/14
I was hoping Scarlett had given Ella the kitten called Katie for Xmas.
The end ?
TinkStar87 chapter 11 . 3/17
Oh my heart! Really great story, that i hope gets an update soon. Read ya Later ;)
notgoingtofinishthis
Eileen chapter 11 . 2/25
Hi, just wanted to let you know I've read all your stuff this weekend and it's amazing. You're a really good writer and you do a good job of presenting situations that are totally believable for the characters, not to mention your excellent restraint in keeping them from just talking about their feelings when it's what everyone wants them to do.

Also, I realize I'm like a year and a half late, but congrats on passing the bar! I hope whatever firm you're working for has left you enough time to read this email ;)
Guest chapter 10 . 12/3/2017
Hope everything is well in your world. You said this was a Christmas story. A new chapter anytime you can manage is appreciated but one for Christmas would be divine.
Alisa-kun chapter 11 . 10/26/2017
Une fic très intéressante en tout cas, je suis impatiente de lire la suite.
Bonne continuation
lostie chapter 11 . 10/19/2017
HI THEY ARE STILL V BROKEN PLS TO FIX NAO
Old Maid Wilkes chapter 11 . 10/7/2017
(Looong overdue review, I'm so ashamed. At least I didn't more or less push you down the stairs in conjunction with my return)

This is beginning to turn into the saddest Christmas story ever written. It's like Tiny Tim dropping dead from a combination of starvation and gangrene, George finding out there'd be world peace and no more racism or sexism or violence in the world if he'd never been born etc etc etc). Don't get me wrong, I almost think it's all the better for it. As a reader, you expect certain things with certain settings - and a GWTW story set around Christmas means - without exceptions - that they're getting back together. That doesn't seem to be the case here, and the sharp contrast becomes a very interesting read.

doesn't let you copy paste anymore, but I ADORE the last lines before the second paragraph. "Impossible to know, for a person who used it so little." I noticed you've been quiet for some time (heh, self aware much?), so I hope everything is alright with you and that another update is waiting just around the corner.
Judy.Laura.L chapter 11 . 9/15/2017
How are Scarlett and Rhett going to fix this now? It's incredible how well you've written them, and I love how you're making Scarlett trying to be a better mother for her children.
Judy.Laura.L chapter 3 . 9/15/2017
I'm glad Scarlett is starting to appreciate Melanie's friendship more. I've read the chapter when the Yankees came to Tara and for some reason it's one of my favorites in the book. Maybe its because it focuses on Scarlett and Melanie's friendship and comradeship.
Kat8137 chapter 11 . 8/12/2017
Intensity is off the charts, reading the confrontation and Rhett's reaction when she leaves the room made me feel a little sick i could feel his guilt through his sweat, a truly painful moment for him but i still cant let him off the hook- I mean even if she didn't want the baby does he not think she wouldn't be somehow emotionally affected? She had a miscarriage you jerk! Not to mention a near death experience I think she deserves some kind of a break not more of the same from him.

I can totally see Scarlett thinking no way in hell does he love her or ever had before- not if his treatment is anything to go by. I think I need to see him grovel very soon! Loved the update well worth the wait , the confrontation scene has to be one of the best ever
Guest chapter 11 . 8/11/2017
Amazing chapter. The best sentence ever about the weeds growing in the pathway to his heart. It reminded me of the old priest in Les Mis who cultivates his mind. Just brilliant writing. Can't wait for the rest whether it's Christmas or not.
gumper chapter 11 . 8/9/2017
Thank God that you are back - the suspense in this story has been killing me!

OK, so first of all GO, SCARLETT! It is such a refreshing change to see her armed with a little chutzpah during this stage of the story - particularly as Rhett (for once in his life) is just NOT so sure about things. It's not just what she says - but how she says it: "of course not, Rhett..you only called me a JEZEBEL and then wished for me to lose the baby. Why would I blame you?" She is totally beating him at his own game - sarcastic, talking in riddles...and he is just coming up WAY short with any pithy retorts. Not only is she slamming him in a perfectly cool and collected manner but she is having the last word ("of course I wanted him") and walking out on him for once. NICE. Take that, you idiot!

This has been a growing pattern in this story and I love it...I am remembering that she decided to wait him out at the silent dinner table (rather than give him an easy out to get to Belle's) and tossed out another zinger earlier on "if I wanted to be rid of you, I'd just tell you that I wanted you to stay..." - it's (unfortunately) so much more typical to see Scarlett lacking the right words and just getting frustrated and stamping her foot...here she is progressively holding her own and reminding him that she is alive and has NOT forgotten. Given what she has gone through over the last few months she deserves a medal for this spirit.

At the same time, Rhett is changed too from his usual deadpan self during this timeframe. He is so much warmer...the fact that he actually articulated "it is good to have you home" is in itself a home run. He seems more open and caring. He seems more present. He's clearly uncertain about things but I think that is a huge improvement over his usual know it all dominating demeanor.

One thing I'm curious about in general in this post miscarriage but pre Bonnie demise setting is whether or not he is still "seeing" Belle. Scarlett thinks he is (hence the purposeful stalling at the dinner table to force HIS hand on going out...) but it's not clear. On the one hand I think he has NO business running around on her while she is recovering from this hellish miscarriage scenario - but on the other I suppose that nothing that led him to this affair (being kicked out of the bedroom & Scarlett loving Ashley rather than him) has really changed as far as he knows. I guess I am feeling a lot more sympathetic with him if he is staying home at night during this period - but at least if he is running around on her he is keeping it under wraps for once.

SO happy that the cat is out of the bag over the WANTED baby - OK, Rhett...the ball is solidly in your court...do NOT screw it up this time! (fingers crossed)

(ps - and NO; he gets no out on the "Bonnie & Rhett" gift card faux pax - I'm just waiting for their 'B&R' monogrammed towels next)