Reviews for Here, There and Back Again
rabbit and -v-Jinx-v chapter 3 . 3/27/2003
Yes! Thank you for giving Ozma a chapter in your story. I always love a glimpse of Filch, especially when it fits into the books and double especially since you've given him a chance to meet Uric. Both characters sounded ...well... in-charachter. But what happened to the second Hufflepuff badge? And why did Uric think that it wasn't "right"? And why are the badgers invisible? It would have been really keen if more tracks had appeared while Filch looked. Maybe he'll notice badger tracks other places in the school now. Maybe. (Happy sigh - wanders off to think about badgers and Filch...)
shadowycat chapter 3 . 3/27/2003
Ozma, you did a wonderful job of integrating your charming portrayal of Filch with Ariana's always frustrating but equally charming Uric! You blended the writing styles very well, not always an easy task. Filch said he tapped the flower petal three times. Would tapping it a different number of times take him to different secret passages? "my mind often wanders" Uric has never spoken truer words. Maybe the badgers have chosen Filch and are watching over him. It's a nice idea. The castle does seem to care for him as he cares for it, so why shouldn't some of its secret residents feel the same way. This was a nice chapter, I wish it had been longer. I enjoyed it alot. :)
Lady Knight of Kennan chapter 3 . 3/27/2003
more escapades of uric the infamus oddball... very funny... i luv uric.. hes so cute and innocent sounding, even when you portray him as a sixth or seventh year! keep going! i want to see where uric will end up next!

tootles!

LKoK
Calandra Facete chapter 3 . 3/27/2003
Ozma, I loved this installment, especially that the badgers are really, even though they are not seen, and that they saved Filch. As to his surprise that the Hufflepuff badgers save him, I think he doesn't realize that all the magic powers of the houses watch out for him.

Ariana, I can't wait to read more of your stories.
NM Narcissa Malfoy chapter 3 . 3/27/2003
And a few minutes after I read my first Squib story, on Ariana Deralte's suggestion, I get to see Uric meeting the charming caretaker of Hogwarts.

Loved how this tied in with canon, Ozma. I only remembered the mentioned cave-in towards the end of the story, and then was very impressed by what you did with that allusion.

What drew me to Uric in the first place was the off-the-wall humour he provides, but what has addicted me to Uric is the positive goodness he radiates. Wherever Uric goes, even when, as here, they forget about him immediately, he leaves people feeling somewhat happier. Hearing Uric described in your 1st person POV of Filch was especially moving. If there's anyone who need's Uric's brand of cheer, it's Filch in CoS. And, of course, Filch is a true Hufflepuff - anyone who dutifully cleans Hogwarts without magic deserves to be recognized as such.

By the way, Ariana, since last chapter, I've read TWIB, and I want to say how briliant Uric was in the Marvoloverse.

NM
Rurouni Star chapter 2 . 3/19/2003
Interesting that so many people are afraid of Uric... although I doubt he really notices. Just makes it more entertaining.
Terra4 chapter 2 . 3/1/2003
Brilliant, as always. I don't think I can hold off this question any longer though. what *is* the deal with the badgers? Why is Uric so enthralled by them? And I didn't get that joke about the Septum spell. should I have?

Anyways, I loved this, of course. Keep writing! And a cheer goes to Sev for being the only one to say something to Uric regarding his time-travel. *sigh* Sev is so smart. lol. Uric should meet Voldemort - and drive the guy mad.. Hee, hee.
Calandra Facete chapter 2 . 2/24/2003
Sorry it's taken me so long to review ch.2 but I've been away. I loved the part when Uric appeared in front of Norine's History class and started to add some of his own notes on the blackboard. Talk about being ahead of your time! Leave it to Louis to figure out whatever weird thing is happening to Uric though. I wonder what's wrong and how he and Mena will fix it. Poor Professor Sprout, perhaps Snape will be more generous giving Hufflepuffs points to make up for the accidental 80 they lost (but I doubt it). I can't wait to see where Uric ends up next.
Yaxkin chapter 2 . 2/23/2003
hi! One more Uric's adventure! Thanks!. I have one question: what happens with Uric's shadow? Does he founds it normal? Or..did his shadow has already escape from him?

see you!
oOwth chapter 2 . 2/22/2003
_ yay. good work.
WaterBookLover chapter 2 . 2/20/2003
Cool! Cool! I really like this story! It's amusing.
Indigo Ziona chapter 2 . 2/19/2003
Hahahaha. I love it. Uric telling Snapie what to do! hahahahaha. the thing with the animagus dots is muchly amusing and Uric noting the missing bits of the Marauder's map - hehe! And the thing with Aberforth and Marvolo. hmm, I'm intrigued. But what I love most is Louis's laid-back way of telling Mena that Uric's unstuck in time. It's brilliant :)
Em chapter 2 . 2/19/2003
Thankyou for the Dumbledore. I really liked this chapter, especially as you managed to get Urics present time in there aswell. Keep up the good .x
Em chapter 2 . 2/19/2003
aniwda chapter 2 . 2/19/2003
This was my first venture into your Uric-fics- and probably not the best one to read first? I found Uric's observations of canon characters to be very insightful and I admire the way you used their idiosyncrasies to give your characters depth. I find Uric a bit over exaggerated in a proto-Dumbledore way but this is probably a symptom of newbieism. More the reason to read your other fics ASAP! :)
54 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »