Reviews for Here, There and Back Again
Gred Weasley chapter 2 . 2/18/2003
Trying to find the best word to describe how good this was, and though I don't think whimsical says it like I want it to, it's still a cool is pantaloon. I won't bother with telling you all my favorite parts, but I laughed the loudest when Uric said "This isn’t the best way to find the badgers." And when Snape was thinking 'Not that Uric.' Good stuff.

I saw that you told a reviewer that Uric would make it to the Marauder's time. I can't wait for that, and I'm wondering if Uric will see a young Snape, seeing as how they always seem to be running into each other.

Ah, last thing. I thought it was pretty cool how you made Aberforth a Slytherin, though it kind of made me feel a bit sorry for him. I hope he was happy in life with his goats in the end. And! How you made Uric in Lupin's office during the Shrieking Shack incident. Best part. It's cool to think that during all the stuff that was going on with Harry and Sirius and them, that at the same time, Uric was cheering as a dot made it off a piece of parchment.
Ozma chapter 2 . 2/18/2003
Uric is so wonderful. No matter where he goes, there he is, to quote Buckaroo Banzai. The Odd One's encounters with Aberforth, Norine, the Marauders Map and Severus were all amazing.

And Louis and Mena are always a delight. I loved their matter of fact acceptance that their best friend is off gallivanting through time. I loved Louis calmly waiting for Mena to notice the date on Lockhart's book, and his wondering how much time Lockhart spends practicing that award-winning smile in front of mirrors.

And I loved Mena's glee at the prospect of force-feeding Uric a truth potion! She's such a fiesty kid.

I've been meaning to read Minerva McTabby's stories and you've given me more incentive. Aberforth is an endearing boy, intelligent and full of contradictions. His attitude that magic is unnatural, is ironic and interesting.

Uric's appearance in "History of Magic" was hilarious, it was priceless that Alluvium (which means 'detrial material deposited by running water' according to my dictionary, and it's an appropriate name for a professor who deposits tidbits of information with a flood of words) didn't notice Uric's presence at all!

Uric's thought that the dots on the Marauders Map were Animagus forms, or sometimes masqueraded as the periods at the ends of sentences made me laugh.

You write a crackling good Snape! I think my favorite line was the one about how Dumbledore would disapprove if a student was found dead with the imprint of Snape's hands on his throat, but I just loved this whole scene. Snape puts so much research into being able to correct his students' mistakes. The line about him sharing his findings with Poppy (if he was feeling generous) was so Snape-y.

His encounter with Uric was pure gold. I loved Uric's enthusiasm over the prospect of detention. I loved the way that Snape logically figured out where Uric had to come from. I loved "Fifty points from Hufflepuff and get out of this time!"

Brilliant!
thistlemeg chapter 2 . 2/18/2003
See, I was right, Uric did meet Aberforth Dumbledore! No goat scene, though. I like the idea of the enchanted map of wizarding of creepy, actually. And good ol' in doubt, take points.
shadowycat chapter 2 . 2/18/2003
Your chapters are always good for lifting my spirits! So, Uric is stuck in a time as Geordi would say a "temporal causality loop". I hope Mena and Louis can help to ground him Uric might not feel the same way. I still want to know why no one can remember encountering Uric though, especially since his actions don't fade away when he does. Aberforth Dumbledore was a Slytherin? From Albus' description of him I figured him for a barely magical 't really seem like the usual pick for Slytherin. Interesting. Uric certainly livened up History of Magic. What is the Great Miggleduffer anyway? The encounter with Snape was which days does Severus NOT hate teaching? It's good to know that he learned early that Dumbledore would tend to frown on his murdering was he more concerned with leaving evidence such as fingerprints behind? This story is wonderful. You have a truly delightful imagination. Thanks for the update!
Tidmag chapter 2 . 2/17/2003
When did Uric get his tea cozy? Was it during his travels in this year? A mean, a tea cozy could come from any time after it's invention. Maybe the tea cozy thought Uric's head would be a nice place to do its thinking on.

Did Uric leave any other things in his travels through the past and future that happened or didn't happen till a later time or wasn't recorded before then?

A very merry unbirthday to you and Uric and others!
Terra4 chapter 1 . 2/17/2003
Hee, hee. Love it. So what's this all about? Write more!
Mitchell de Quevedo chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
I hope the next chapter comes out soon! Keep up the good work!
Yaxk chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
Hello ! thanks for the new chapter...I'm really in love with Uric and there was some time I hadn't anything new from him _ Keep writing, please,

here, waiting for the new (or not new)Uric adventures...Yaxkín (Mitchell de Quevedo's sister, by the way...)
J-Kid chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Hey, cool idea! I love it. Maybe you could have him visit the Mauraders- perhaps accidently mess up the prank they were going to play on some Slytherins, say.
googoo4you chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Cool. I think that next, Uric should go to when Dumbledore was in school. I don't have much else to say, except that this is a brilliant idea (didn't you do one like this except Uric's an adult?), and I hope you update soon!
Indigo Ziona chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Hahahahahahahaha... Uric's so great. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this story. 'What year yeh in?' 'Late 1900s'? Oh that's classic. GIVE ME MORE! :D
Gred Weasley chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Kick ass. That's all I have to say about that.
Calandra Facete chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Talk about surreal! I don't know how Uric can stay so calm as he randomly jumps century to century, but then Uric is an extraordinary character. Why doesn't Hagrid remember that Uric was in his cabin? A boy from the 1600s appearing randomly outside ones cabin itn't necessarily something one forgets that quickly. Anyway, I can't wait to see what other characters pop up in this tale. Keep writing!
NM Narcissa Malfoy chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
A great way to return to reading fanfiction after being forcibly separated from it by illness. :-)

I hope Mena and Louis aren't too worried about poor Uric.

I should have known that Uric would have got along very well with Hagrid's pets.

Now I need to go and read the last chapter of the Great Goblin Rebellion.

NM
Em chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
another marvelous chapter, although i'm slightly confused. i wish that Uric had met Dumbledore, i love those scenes. It'd be really cool if you could do one of those. My only real problem with the chapter is that i wish it was longer!

Keep up all your fab work...Em.x
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »