Reviews for Here, There and Back Again
Em chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
another marvelous chapter, although i'm slightly confused. i wish that Uric had met Dumbledore, i love those scenes. It'd be really cool if you could do one of those. My only real problem with the chapter is that i wish it was longer!

Keep up all your fab work...Em.x
Em chapter 1 . 2/3/2003

Keep up all your fab work...Em.x
soymilk chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
I adore your Uric stories, and this one is no exception. I like the conversation about Simon and I'm interested in finding out exactly what it is that Uric-or something-is doing. Your characterization is great and I'm looking forward to the rest of this. :)
shadowycat chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
This was quite charming although it left me with more questions than normal(which is saying something for a Uric story), although Uric himself was more coherent than he often is. What is Hagrid's floor made of that slimy's eating of it, in a path no less, wouldn't compromise its integrity? Hagrid's allowing it was very much in character, though. Doxies eat auras? Quite a feat. Are they some sort of energy creatures? Auras aren't very substantial. Does Uric truly have no idea why he's bouncing around through time? He certainly doesn't seem concerned, but then not much ever seems to worry Uric. Could this possibly be how the "lost rooms" got lost? What possible phenomenon would cause the people, who see and interact with Uric on his little excursion through time, not to remember that they've seen him? Curiouser and curiouser...an intriguing beginning.
gjegje chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Oh, I loved it! your young Uric is already one of my favorite characters, of course I want to hear more about him! He wasnt so strange in this chapter though (exept for that showing up in different times...) or maybe Im just getting used to him. Id like a little brother like that... (stares out into space for a long while) Will we get something of Mena and Urics other friends in this story or is it not connected at all with your other Uric the Oddball stories?

gjegje
Desideratus Fatum chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
I find it quite scary that I started doing a happy dance (I didn't know I had one) when I realized you had posted another Uric story. This arc is, out of everything HP-related, my favorite; I guess that would make you my favorite author. I can't wait to read more.
Tidmag chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
All right! Who did it? Who messed with our beloved Uric?

Loved it, I love time travel...if I could I'd go back in time just to mess with myself. So what's to stop a person from messing time up since the future is supposedly always changing, then being in the past means that you are allowed to change the future right?

Well, I wonder if the great worm objects...cause supposedly it's only the physical earth that it embodies so I don't think time falls into its category of things it can get weird about.

More soon please. Would like to know what else is going to happen to him and why peeps don't remember him dropping by and all that. Could it be because though he did he in fact didn't?

Hmm...

More please.
Rurouni Star chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Interesting, as always... don't know why you wouldn't let me beta-read it... *sulk*

Hope to see more soon!
Ozma chapter 1 . 2/2/2003
Thanks for the e-mail! (I was just about to answer your letter when I got the e-mail about this chapter.)

I love Hagrid's reaction to Uric, and Uric's reaction to Hagrid and Hagrid's collection of 'interestin' creatures.' (It's so very Hagrid not to care that Slimy the Streeler is burning holes in his floor!)

More stuff I loved: Hagrid's reaction to Simon. Uric apologizing to Simon for bringing him along on this journey. Uric's and Hagrid's conversation about Basilisks. Fang's reaction to Uric's knock on the door. Uric's grave politeness when he speaks to the Jarvey, the Streeler and the Doxies. The fact that the Jarvey's name is Harvey!

Even more stuff that I loved: Uric's actually coherent description of his travels! "The common room was decorated in yellow, not in plants." Great line! Uric's literal answer to Hagrid's question about what year he's in. Hagrid's swift mental adjustment as he realizes how to phrase the question so he'll get the answer that he's after. The idea of the Lost Rooms. The Doxies being too sad to bite anyone after Uric leaves.

It's so neat that Alchemine is your beta!

Off I go to answer your letter...
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4