Reviews for Lamentations of a Starry Eyed Twit

SHES MY FAV CHARACTER
Guest chapter 7 . 10/19/2017
OMG I RELATE TO THE WAITING FOR GILDROY PART SO MUCH AHAHAHHAHA
Guest chapter 3 . 10/19/2017
suggestion; maybe have auriga find out snape had confiscated that magazine from a first or second year (i imagine the older grades would be allowed them) student? cause as this story goes on, there'll be more snapexauriga or just snape-cares-about-romance moments, which is slightly ooc, so the more reasons you can find to explain it initially, the longer this story can last without losing its charm :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2017
just wanted to point out that the yule ball only happens every triwizard tournament which is only every 100 years so i dont think sinistra was around for the last one, but now come to think of it...it is pretty stupid since only 3 grades (5-7) yrs would be able to experience it once every 100 years...i know it was used as a plot device by jk originally but they should make it so that after the battle of hogwarts harry saw the benefits/remembered the good moments of it and made one every 3 years or 7 years or something so every student will have the memory onf one tournament but oh well...

other than that great story :D And i mean it, its the best thing ive come across a ll day :)
ANebulaDarkly chapter 26 . 8/8/2017
I suppose I really should review this after all this time, even if this isn't as much a review as a thank you letter.

I read this for the first time upon recommendation of my roommate while in college. Back in 2005. We were in a Harry Potter Club and suggesting fanfic was sort of normal for us, but there was literally nothing normal about your story and how it would change my life for next four years. Your story was nearly part prophecy for the silly little things that would happen to me.

See, most everyone in that club adopted a Harry Potter alter ego. My roommate had been Luna Lovegood after her sorting, but after a few months had developed into Narcissa. I, being the other crazy Ravenclaw, inherited the title of Luna. It never quit fit me, and it wasn't until we'd read your story that we understood why.

I wore a pink fuzzy sweater and my hair was generally a great big mess. I was rarely seen without a coffee mug and spent most of my time writing in notebooks. I had a map of the moon on my wall and eventually misspelled 'star' in front of many a witness (and that happened AFTER I'd read the story!). I don't even remember how I came to own a package of cockroach clusters to be honest. At one point my roommate was going to dress someone up as Snape and have them approach me with a stuffed iguana. And so it came to pass that I abandoned Luna, and forever became Sinistra. Auriga, not Aurora. Your character was my life for 4 years, and I'm so glad you wrote this. Without this story, I would never have been who I think I was always meant to be.

I have always loved your humor and story telling style. And while I am now 30 with my glasses still slipping down my nose but without my own Prince Snarky Bastard, rereading this on the 10th anniversary of the last posting has been more of an emotional roller coaster than I thought it could be. It brought back a lot of fond memories of college and gave me a weird sense of hope for my future. If you're ever curious as to how much so, search #LamentationsOfAStarryEyedTwit on Twitter.

Thank you again for writing this. I don't know if you'll ever get back to it (because I always wondered what would happen when Lockhart eventually was tossed into the mix), but it's okay if you don't. Just know that thing you wrote forever ago for fun was actually my life for a while. All the best wishes for your future writing endeavors!
Desiree1717 chapter 25 . 4/25/2017
I dearly love this story, and the excellent characterization of Sinistra. Even if it's never finished, thanks for writing it. 3
Olenska chapter 26 . 11/15/2016
On the off chance you might read this, though you probably won't, I don't think so at least, uhm, I just really wanted you to know this: you are my favourite HP fanfiction author. I first read Lamentations when I was still in school, when they were first published, probably around 2003 or 2004. I always come back to this story, I've read and re-read and re-re-read all the chapters probably thousands of times. They're still as funny as for the first time. I'm not trying to force you into updating or anything, please don't take it this way, I just wanted to tell you something nice, who knows, maybe you will read this and I will put a smile on your face? I'd love that, since you've been making me smile since 2004! (that's a nice slogan, you can use that btw.) uhm, so yes. I do hope you are well, I stalked your AO3 and saw you're still writing and you're brilliant at it, so I'm really, really happy for you, I truly am. Right now it's November, where I am it's 11pm and I'm currently on chapter 23rd of Lamentations, I've been re-reading again since I always do that if I need comforting or when it's around Christmas. Your fic makes me happy, Auriga really makes me happy and I can't thank you enough! So thank you, thank you, thank you! All the best to you. Please get published one day so that I might support you in a proper way and buy all your books and not just spam your inbox :)
Love!
Relephant chapter 26 . 10/26/2016
I swear this is the funniest thing I've read on here. (And I've probably said that before, but this is really honestly seriously funny. Like laugh-out-loud-while-reading-a-thought-about-someone-trying-to-seduce-someone-holding-a-lizard funny.) It's the little parts that all come together to make this wonderful, enormous, hilarious story, especially all of Auriga's strange relationships with Wimmy and a beloved lizard. I will keep my hope that you will continue this because it's too awesome to forget. Also, how dare you leave us with such a cliffhanger?!
centennialwriter chapter 26 . 3/26/2016
I will have to assume you have died. In which case, I offer my sincerest condolences and hope that they put something about this story in your obituary.
BlackRyuji chapter 26 . 7/24/2015
Pfft, all the Quirrel and Snape related stuff was just hilarious.
BlackRyuji chapter 5 . 7/23/2015
Oh goodness...this was good.
BlackRyuji chapter 2 . 7/23/2015
Ah, a great, great chapter. But why must so many good fics be abandoned (for years)?
amr56 chapter 26 . 6/17/2015
I can't quite remember how I stumbled across this story, but I'm so glad I did. It is hilarious and wonderfully written. I like the diary style. Snape is great, as are the other characters, and the dialogue cracks me up. Well done!
The Sorting Hat's Sunglasses chapter 8 . 6/5/2015
This is just utterly brilliant!
Expecto chapter 26 . 5/14/2015
Was very entertaining and I think you did D air justice in the dialogue and descriptions. Only thing I would have wished for is that Auriga would have been treated better (and be a little less kooky?)
2,316 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »