Reviews for Red Rose
come-to-me-musicals chapter 12 . 1/28
Aaaaaw I found this phic today after finding Prologue and actually I spent the whole day reading this! It's so cute and full of feels I can't even. It's beautiful!
ghostwritten2 chapter 12 . 1/12
Oh, the angst! And then that happy ending! I enjoyed this very much. I absolutely adored your last line, and then the song you ended with was just perfect.

I really love your writing. I'm so sorry that I am such a slow reader.
ghostwritten2 chapter 11 . 1/8
I love that you include actual historical figures, especially Charles Garnier! And I do love Christine's desire to bring Erik into the light. I like the description of the house, too. It sounds perfect for them.
ghostwritten2 chapter 10 . 1/6
I love this glimpse into Erik and Christine's domestic life. Though poor Erik is still afraid to reach out for the normal life he wants...with Christine's and Nadir's help, I hope he can get it!

Is Erik's last name a reference to South Pacific? I'm afraid I cheated and Googled it, though I shouldn't have had to. I've seen the film.
ghostwritten2 chapter 9 . 1/5
Together at last! I really like the way you write Erik and Christine. I know you said that this was your first phic, but the only sign I've seen of that was maybe in the use of lyrics? And I think everyone does that at first. But your writing is so good that the lyrics don't matter.
ghostwritten2 chapter 8 . 1/3
Hello again! So sorry that I left off reading and reviewing. The holidays cut into my computer time.

I love Christine comforting Erik at the end of this chapter. And I like the dinner party of four, with Raoul and Meg being attracted to each other. That was delightful.
ghostwritten2 chapter 7 . 12/21/2016
I do love that you have made Raoul a sympathetic character and not a villain. I have a soft spot for Raoul. I am glad that Christine was able to clear up the tension between the two men to some extent.

And what an interesting and unique spin on Erik and Madame Giry's first meeting. I always wondered what happened to her husband.
ghostwritten2 chapter 6 . 12/21/2016
Hooray, they have kissed (such wonderful kisses) and she's accepted his ring!
ghostwritten2 chapter 5 . 12/21/2016
I like Christine cooking for Erik, and him preparing the table. And I love that he's taking off his mask willingly.

The exchange of dark red roses is a nice touch. First Christine floats one on the lake and Erik finds it, and now he gives one to her.
ghostwritten2 chapter 4 . 12/21/2016
I really like the scene where Christine compliments Erik's hands. And how interesting that Red Rose Christine is Catholic while Second Chance Christine is Lutheran! I can certainly see Erik falling away from the church, too, but still being drawn by the music.
phat-snake chapter 12 . 12/20/2016
I quite enjoyed this, but I feel as though you had planned it to be longer? Or at least, this final chapter seemed somewhat rushed to a conclusion. Personally, not the biggest fan of the happily ever after with bouncing baby brats in the perfect home, perfect spouses, perfect jobs... Again, not that that intrepretation is anything awful, but the way you set up the conflict and resolution for the last couple chapters... ie, the marriage, the house, Erik and M. Garnier, Christine and the publisher, then the pregnancy, probably could have expanded upon all of them. I do compliment how you laid it out, however, it did come quite nicely together by the end, and I really didn't expect it to, kudos. And thank you for writing, both of your longer fics have been a great pleasure to read.
ghostwritten2 chapter 3 . 12/20/2016
Oh no, it's me, cluttering up your inbox again. (Sorry.) After finishing A Second Chance, I had to go and read your other novel. You do not disappoint. My heart is breaking for Erik and Christine though...
phat-snake chapter 2 . 12/19/2016
Hmmm. Odile? The evil twim swan? Hey, even if she never appears again, good usage.
Animekitty47 chapter 12 . 10/16/2016
Such a good story!

Quick note, this chapter is missing a page break. From where Garnier, Erik, and David are discussing things, it jumps to the tailor. Though I've heard, well, read the complaints of other authors that FF has a bad habit of removing page breaks for some reason...

Though I did like the tailor. And his gift. And the line about Erik being fated to receive masks for presents was a nice touch.

Heh. Of course you had to throw a "She's cheating on me!" mix up in there. Wouldn't be the Phantom of the Opera without Jealous!Erik. XP

And I see you later wrote the first time Christine saw Erik having one his migraines. :D

Congratulations on finishing this wonderful story!
Animekitty47 chapter 11 . 10/16/2016
Yes, Christine, meeting Charles Garnier certainly was *providential* wasn't it?

Who knew a chapter about a house could be so much fun? XP