Reviews for Red Rose
13teddies13 chapter 1 . 8/15
Also, the tailor's gift was so sweet! And how Christine and Erik's relationship grew as they learned to trust each other was beautiful
13teddies13 chapter 12 . 8/15
This is so lovely! I love how Raoul is a reasonable person, how Erik respects Christine (and how you described their wedding night tastefully), and I always think Christines who have backbone are great- she can't always stay the innocent child she is in the book/movie/musical. She must grow up at some time, and you wrote her well
PsychoticJedi chapter 3 . 4/6
"What do you know of cruelty, Christine.. Knowing the only woman you ever loved willingly ran from you into the arms of another man."
Simply beautiful.
PsychoticJedi chapter 2 . 4/6
Forgive me for failing to read your story summary. My eyesight is not what it once was.
Your obedient servant,
PsychoticJedi chapter 1 . 4/6
IMOHP (in my own humble opinion), I have a hard time picturing Christine as an assertive and opinionated person. The way she is portrayed in Leroux' s book, Susan Kay's book, and the movie suggest that her character is vulnerable and easily intimidated, often succumbing to fits of extreme fear. However, do not mistake my critique as a sign that I will not continue reading. Your stories intrigue me.
Your obedient servant,
come-to-me-musicals chapter 12 . 1/28
Aaaaaw I found this phic today after finding Prologue and actually I spent the whole day reading this! It's so cute and full of feels I can't even. It's beautiful!
ghostwritten2 chapter 12 . 1/12
Oh, the angst! And then that happy ending! I enjoyed this very much. I absolutely adored your last line, and then the song you ended with was just perfect.

I really love your writing. I'm so sorry that I am such a slow reader.
ghostwritten2 chapter 11 . 1/8
I love that you include actual historical figures, especially Charles Garnier! And I do love Christine's desire to bring Erik into the light. I like the description of the house, too. It sounds perfect for them.
ghostwritten2 chapter 10 . 1/6
I love this glimpse into Erik and Christine's domestic life. Though poor Erik is still afraid to reach out for the normal life he wants...with Christine's and Nadir's help, I hope he can get it!

Is Erik's last name a reference to South Pacific? I'm afraid I cheated and Googled it, though I shouldn't have had to. I've seen the film.
ghostwritten2 chapter 9 . 1/5
Together at last! I really like the way you write Erik and Christine. I know you said that this was your first phic, but the only sign I've seen of that was maybe in the use of lyrics? And I think everyone does that at first. But your writing is so good that the lyrics don't matter.
ghostwritten2 chapter 8 . 1/3
Hello again! So sorry that I left off reading and reviewing. The holidays cut into my computer time.

I love Christine comforting Erik at the end of this chapter. And I like the dinner party of four, with Raoul and Meg being attracted to each other. That was delightful.
ghostwritten2 chapter 7 . 12/21/2016
I do love that you have made Raoul a sympathetic character and not a villain. I have a soft spot for Raoul. I am glad that Christine was able to clear up the tension between the two men to some extent.

And what an interesting and unique spin on Erik and Madame Giry's first meeting. I always wondered what happened to her husband.
ghostwritten2 chapter 6 . 12/21/2016
Hooray, they have kissed (such wonderful kisses) and she's accepted his ring!
ghostwritten2 chapter 5 . 12/21/2016
I like Christine cooking for Erik, and him preparing the table. And I love that he's taking off his mask willingly.

The exchange of dark red roses is a nice touch. First Christine floats one on the lake and Erik finds it, and now he gives one to her.
ghostwritten2 chapter 4 . 12/21/2016
I really like the scene where Christine compliments Erik's hands. And how interesting that Red Rose Christine is Catholic while Second Chance Christine is Lutheran! I can certainly see Erik falling away from the church, too, but still being drawn by the music.