Reviews for Red Rose
PsychicDynamite chapter 12 . 4/11/2014
Oh my goodness. This is certainly one of the best Phantom of the Opera fanfictions I have ever read. I know it has been some time since you wrote it, but I have to thank you on the glorious fic.
First off, your vocabulary is marvelous, and I loved the inclusion of French.
Erik and Christine were so well captured, and it was rather nice of you to let Raoul off easy (there was a small part of me which regretted that, but oh well cx)
The ending was done very nicely as well, although the Michael fellow made me anxious.
Oh I could go on, but all in all, an excellent job.

Sora-aka-YamiSora chapter 9 . 9/15/2012
Hi Riene! I have to say I love your writing style. You know POTO like the back of your hand and I truly appreciate how you keep it as original as possible. I noticed that Ophelia V. Santori sent you a review saying they can't find your website of the "enhanced" version of chapter 7 part II and honestly, I can't find it either.
I'm sorry if you've left it somewhere and for some reason, we can't seem to find it, but could you please tell us where it is! I'm dying to read this version!

Again, awesome writing and thank you!

where-is-my-tennant chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
OMG! this is one of the best POTO stories ive ever read! and you added Josh Groban in it! i love you! (not in a creepy way! :D) gonna read the rest of it now!

\)\)'\_„„„„\) a rose for you!
Citizen Cinemaniac chapter 9 . 3/5/2012
Hello. I'm terribly sorry to bother you like this, but I simply MUST find this website you speak of. The reason I'm reviewing this on this chapter (despite having finished and LOVED the entire story) is because you mentioned your website on this chapter, and I'll be damned if I can't find it. I looked on your page and it doesn't seem to be there. Perhaps this is just me in a "blonde moment" (even though I'm a brunette), but would it be a terrible bother for you to send me the link? Thank you!

P.S. Your story was wonderful, I thought it was very well written and you had great flair for detail and a style that suited the gothic romance between Erik and Christine quite well indeed. The characterization was good, I understand since it's your earlier work it's not quite as dark as one would expect, but it is nice, nevertheless. I enjoyed it. Brava, Brava, Bravissima!

-Ophelia V.
Phantom Night Owl chapter 12 . 10/4/2011
I enjoyed this story very much. I liked the fact that your Erik still had a vulnerable and suspicious nature, even by the ending...I wouldn't think habits and feelings from a lifetime of abuse would end very soon, if ever. Christine was well done also...more backbone which I appreciated. Leroux's Erik is still my favorite far as his age in the original novel, it was never mentioned, but I would have to assume it was probably late 40's...he couldn't have been elderly...his hair (what he had of it), was still dark...your Erik couldn't have been too much younger, since his history was about the same, and he supposedly helped build the opera house, but he did seem to be a little steadier mentally than the original Phantom. I'm off now to check out your other works.
Riene chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
I am actually still around, and appreciate the comments left for Red Rose. It was enjoyable to write, and yes, someday I'll edit it again. There are things I'd change about the story, all these yeas later, but for now it's just nice to know that people are still reading it. Thanks, everyone!

Crystal Twilight chapter 12 . 9/17/2011
I enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting. Based on when this was posted, I doubt you will edit it any time soon, but if you do, in French, you abbreviate Madame as Mme without the period and mother is spelled "maman," without two m's. Not a big deal, but just little things to fix.
ZeGabz chapter 2 . 4/22/2011
I love the Aida songs you have incorporated into here, suits Erik and Christine well.
Jacqui chapter 12 . 3/31/2011
Dear Riene,

I appreciate that you've left this phic up for your readers; I am new to your story and I just loved it, high romance and all. Life interrupts, I know, but I do hope to read more of your work. Cheers
lilly chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Such a beautiful story,such perfect !
RomanticSoul693 chapter 12 . 5/16/2010
Wow! What an amazing story! You are truly an amazing writer, and I loved every word of your story. It was definitely one of the best stories I have ever read. It was just wonderful! :D
Crysania chapter 12 . 3/10/2010
This was truly lovely. Thank you so much for this wonderful read!
istrawberrytartkp chapter 12 . 1/24/2010
wow. i loved your story. i always wanted christine to end up with erik, but i liked that you made her break-up with raoul as amicable as possible. i laughed, i cried, and i am completely satisfied with the way it ended. you are very talented. thank you for sharing your gift with others!
Anawey chapter 12 . 11/3/2009
I was looking for Christmas stories, when I found the sequel to this. Curious, I decided to look for this story. I love it! It's so sweet! I'm glad Raoul isn't the bad guy. Although, I will admit, it IS funny when he's made out to be a complete and total poof.

Anyway, this was great! I loved it. Now, on to the sequel!
Sugarhon chapter 12 . 7/28/2009
OH this is a wonderful fanfic. I have really enjoyed it I hope that you will continue as soon as you are able too.