Reviews for The Black Queen's War
WillItWork chapter 20 . 1/18
Great chapter, enter Player 3 indeed. Of course, she's always been playing, but they didn't know that, and isn't it the point?

Of course, the big standout here is definitely the Moody conversation, which just plain works. A smart cagey veteran versus the young and talented upstart. I'm looking forward to what that sets up. Of course, bonus points to Jen for lying by telling the truth.

Thanks for sharing and continuing to work on this.
the philosopher Anon e moose chapter 20 . 1/14
YES, yes yes yes yes. Now that that is out of the way, congratulations. You have successfully created one of the best HP fanfictions I have read in a long time. I have been bingeing this series like there's no tomorrow and I can only hope you continue as you have. That being said, I would like to recomend a fic. The fic in question is one of my personal favourites and for good reason. It explores a side of Harry that rarely seen and in this respect, it is very similar to what you have made here. It is the "Denarian" series by "Shezza", this story is arguably cast from the same mold as the denarian series, and it is for this reason that I even read your story at all. And I am so glad I did, whenever I think I've rooted out all the good stories, (my fanfic collection has more entries than Atlas Shrugged has pages) I find another hidden gem like this one. My only request is this, let loose the hounds of war (repeatedly if possible) and keep up the good work.
RadFoxUK chapter 20 . 1/11
Loved it, more please.
BelfryBats chapter 20 . 1/10
I like where this is going with Moody. It is quite amusing to see this play out.

Now for a question that has been bugging me; in the previous book Luna and Tracey found out that Malfoy and Ginny were somehow involved, even thought they assumed they had somehow struck up some sort of romance. We know that he planed out an elaborate trap for Danny that resulted in Ginny's death. Jen knows from her conversation with Ginny that she had a way to acquire enough gold to make a better showing to Danny. So my question is this; is that information ever going to reach Jen so she can put two and two together and get evidence of Malfoy's malicious machinations?

It just seems odd that one of them wouldn't mention something so out of the ordinary to her before now and give Jen enough dirt to bury Malfoy rather thoroughly. She currently sees him as a threat, though a somewhat incompetent one. This information would likely change that. So I can see her figuring it out and telling someone like Moody about it, which would likely lead to Malfoy's end or at least him spending some quality time as a ferret. Sure she would think about dealing with it on her own, but Malfoy is Cissy son and she might not want to be personally responsible for anything unfortunate happening to him.
kellyshl chapter 20 . 1/9
Axel Fones chapter 20 . 1/8
I seriously enjoy how you're writing Moody.
somnolentSlumber chapter 20 . 1/8
minor quibble, but the phrase "free reign" isn't actually a phrase; it's "free rein", as in the reins of horses, not the reigns of kings.
Ninjakirby7 chapter 20 . 1/7
I really like your characterisation of Moody
Eidolon V chapter 20 . 1/6
When Albus Dumbledore called Jennifer a summoner, I could not help but think of a game called "Summoner's War". Its hilarious. What, is Albus now going to preach to muggles of all people that summoning is not something to joke about?
Kali-blue chapter 20 . 1/5
Still fun and creative. Thanks for the giggles and awe inspiring action. Happy New Year. Kali
QuicksilverSnakeling chapter 20 . 1/5
Thank you for the new chapter.
I really like your story and characters and thank you for new updates, and that you promise to complete this amazing story.
Interactions between characters are great, all the interesting ways of magic and how they are shown and explained - it's fantastic.
But here is the question - we read what Amelia (in quite a detail) thought about muggles finding out magic and what it would mean for magical beings. There are many great stories on this site, but most of them aren't finished. There isn't this sense of completeness only ''last updated July 2012'' and a painful void where I already invested my emotions and time. To get to the point - do you intend to finish the story by Jen defeating Voldie and D and dealing with Baron OR there could be further war with muggles who have found out magic. ( also - how Jen will restore Old Ways and make her political moves and how will relationships develop ... these are questions that keep me up at night)
So that's that. My first review of this story and I hope my English language is passable.
Happy New year! I wish you health, success and may the muses be with you.
London Knight .
A lot of information here & you can see why Moody is opposed to Dumbledore's 'no killing' policy . Jen 'get's the dirty job done' and I can easily see him throw his full weight behind her .

Canon!Albums is deeply flawed in his bloodnessless actions - he could've easily trapped Voldemort in the Ministry at end of OOTP , if he'd been just a little more ruthless .

I can see a big Jen/Albus confrontation coming - probably soon after Tom gets his final wedgie from Death - but there's the possibility that she'll just destroy his reputation & standing , let him wither away and THEN take him out in a few years ? After all Death is a Dish best served Old ...
Look forward to next update as always - LK out .
Xhimera chapter 20 . 1/4
Oh I love this story so much! Jen proves once again that she is a powerful and fierce opponent, both in magic and politics. I'm so happy to see that she shows her teeth once again. Voldemort should be scared if he was smart! Your descriptions of the inner workings of evocation and blood magic are quite refreshing to read as well. I can't wait till next chapter!
Secundum chapter 20 . 1/4
Voldemort's PoV seems to provide a lot of the humour in this story. 'The first pair must have been faulty'.

Assuming Jen failed in her mission to kill Voldemort/didn't meet the deadline, what would The Baron do (aside from dragging her kicking and screaming to The Underworld)? Send someone else after Voldemort, or rip his way into the mortal realm to deal with him personally, pact between the Powers be damned?
Nekomander chapter 20 . 1/4
Yay, thank you for the update! Exciting to see Jen, as always!