Reviews for The Black Queen's War
Zoebel chapter 10 . 23h
Hi Silently Watches,

First off I absolutely ADORE this series. It’s amazing and I really love Jen she is one BAMF.

Anyway I decided to read the series from the beginning, it’d been a while and I wanted to refresh my memory. I just noticed in this chapter how Jen figured out that Dumbledore was party to the prophecy “Jen blinked a few times in confusion. What she was bound to grow up to be. Destined, to use another word. Was he a party to that prophecy the Unspeakables had kept?”

Buuuuuuuuut Jen already knew that Dumbledore had heard the prophecy. In previous books you’ve already mentioned it. (She figures it out after hearing Dumbledore’s full name for the first time. She uses the gift that she gave Luna (the triangular thingy that can project memories) to confirm Dumbledore’s name matches the initials on the prophecy (and her friends tell her Trewleany was the one who said it)). Subsequently you mention it several times as the reason Dumbledore hates Jen.

I don’t know if you want to fix it, but I just thought I’d point it out since I noticed it. I don’t think you have to change much, just that one bit I pointed out change confusion to confirmation. Like Jen knows for sure that he heard the prophecy and bound her magic and created her as she is. I reckon the rest of the confrontation can remain the same tho.

Zoo
Raved Thrad chapter 1 . 7/16
All I could think of while reading that last scene was: "Sister! So, you have a twin sister! Your thoughts have now betrayed her, too."
Alex The Rogue chapter 2 . 7/12
Just so you know, you wrote Jen's paternal grandmother as Maria instead of Dorea like you have in the previous books.
AER
ZenoLucario chapter 26 . 7/10
I love this series, Jen is so awesome and she cares so deeply for her kids, going to be an epic battle when Jen and Voldemort fight to the death, especially if I am right and Jen channels the Baron’s power, very much looking forward to the next chapter.
I've been reading this story for some time, and though it definitely has flaws, it has been good enough to keep following it until now and semi-regularly checking for updates.

I will start with what I disliked though. There's of course the small things and cliches (for example the "magical core" thing is always annoying to see, though how it's used is acceptable here)... But the main fault of this fic is how some characters like James, the Golden trio, Dumbledore (though him somewhat less than the others) are less... well, characters, and mores cardboard cut-outs or strawmen, especially when it lead to their predictable actions being described in several paragraph that are both pointless, and, more criminally, annoying to read. Speaking of Dumbledore, there's some dissatisfaction about the way he's handled and his action. I feel there's two possibilities : Either he's an important player in the story, or he and his action are secondaries compared to the Voldemort vs Jen conflict. In the first case, he should be, maybe not more present, but more influential (on the story) and less ineffectual. In the second, he should be less present. It feels like both options would have improved the story compared to the bad compromise between the two it sometime feels like it is.

That said, I keep reading this because I'm enjoying it, and it's not one of those case of reading a bad story just to admire the admiring trainwreck.

The best part of the story, is definitely Jen. I will admit I do tend to enjoy villainous characters, and she damn does she delivers on that. While she does have some good qualities, it's quite clear that she's an unrepentant mass murderer, a monster that isn't actually better than Voldemort... It's just that a bloody revolution to install an oppressive and mass-murdering regime isn't in her interest. Following such a character, seeing the difficulties she must surmount in her path, lead you to support them at least just a little, even if you know how evil she is. And it makes this story very enjoyable.

I also enjoy the aspects about Black magic. It has a feel of mystery and (horrified) wonder to it that underlines it's not just some nice edgy power to make the protagonist special and powerful (though you can argue it has that aspect). It's magic, powerful magic, but that power comes at a cost. To the caster (at least in having to be the minion of an evil god) and to others.

And I liked how rather than just buffing Voldemort, you took him mostly from his canon self, before giving him difficulties he had to overcome and led him to expand his abilities and increase his power as a direct result.
Alex The Rogue chapter 26 . 7/8
I'm so glad I've caught up again-Since for some reason I've stopped getting notifications from ffn.
I'm really curious how Tom's plan to use Danny as a spy/spyglass will actually work out and benefit him in the short/long run and how Dumbledore will actually cause his own downfall even more (like he could actually fall down any further).
AER
KinkyJAC chapter 26 . 7/3
I really wanna finish reading this story.
Akshka chapter 26 . 7/1
No...no Danny's torment is not over...not by a long shot.
This is still a good story. Keep it up
Henri9897 chapter 26 . 7/1
I start reading this serie à week ago, and BOI, this is fucking amazing, the world building make everything stable, it's dark but we all love when it's dark.
Jen is starting to reveal herself more (and kicking ass) but it would be nice to see her suffer a bit, like losing someone close sadly Luna isn't with her anymore, I think it could be nice that she has a person who know everything, every secrets. And you can also kill this person for more drama which would be awesome ! (hope you can read this english isn't my first language.)
ErnestTheGuy chapter 26 . 6/30
Yay you're back!
Jack Inqu chapter 26 . 6/30
Bones does have to make some tough decisions; this is a war, after all, and you can't win without making choices you never thought you would make. It does seem that she's taking things seriously and not making rash decisions if she can help it.

Naturally, Jen is ready, willing, and able to take advantage of something she would do anyway. I wonder how far she'll get with her demands.

Hmm, that Spirit Walking ability feels like foreshadowing, and we still don't know what the runes on Danny's body mean. My guess? If Voldemort is killed, the runes let him take over Danny's body, and from there, Voldemort would be close to Dumbledore, and possibly take him over as well. I suppose we'll find out.

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
5ColouredWalker chapter 23 . 6/30
Hey Silently Watches
It's a good thing I've been rereading this like I said in my actual review of the latest chapter. I've picked up a second job as a Proof Reader.
As for why these haven't been PM's, most have been on my phone while at work between deliveries.

Anyhow:
"There were needed.
Should probably be "They weren't needed.

sisterhood of the Animagus."
Given your use of Animagi earlier, I think that'd be the better word to use. For example, it's the Freemasons, not the Freemason.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 9 . 6/29
And another!

appreciate drive Bellatrix

Drive should be drives.

Vheers
5colouredwalker
5 Coloured Walker chapter 5 . 6/29
"I did say 'almost', did I not? Even I have a limit to my arrogance.

Just continueing my reread, I've spotted another missing ".
Toodamnmanyfandoms chapter 26 . 6/29
Oh poor Danny! I assume this is just the beginning of his suffering? I like how Jen managed to wrangle her way into legalising her dark magic Proficiency- a solid step towards bringing the darker magics back to England. Great chapter, thanks for the update!
1,323 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »