Reviews for Tales of the Buy More
michaelfmx chapter 3 . 11/12/2016
You weren't kidding when you said this chapter would be different form the other two. This was actually a much needed scene and I liked how you played it out. A little honesty from Sarah goes a long way. I felt that they were both rally struggling with their feelings and what they wanted to do about them around this time in canon, so this kin of talk would have been much needed. Very nicely done.
michaelfmx chapter 2 . 11/12/2016
Holy crap. This was a little disturbing. I'm with Chuck, my head hurts after this short chapter also. And what's with the bugged condoms? But I did have a good laugh.
James Mowery chapter 3 . 10/9/2016
Thanks very much for two interesting and very different chapters.

It's nice to see Big Mike getting some ink as he is a fairly underutilised character in the Chuckverse. A funny and true to retail look at a day in the life of the boss man. I really like the catch phrase Buy More Renaissance Man. I think that sums Mike up perfectly, the man could do anything in their little strip mall environment but instead chose to focus on his own warped version of the good life, pastry, fishing and relentless horizontality. I have to say plumbing is not only inherently funny (the show used it to good advantage many times) but one of the two constant concerns (the other being HVAC) in any business building. In fact, have you considered the comic possibilities of an air conditioning failure in a store that sells computers? Also, I think you can mine more laughs from Casey's sales techniques; just what was up with he and the Beastmaster anyway?

The next chapter with the serious conversation in the cage between Chuck and Sarah was a nice contrast with the generally jocular tone of the pieces so far. The conversation was plausible, especially in light of the talk at the end of Lethal Weapon between Cole and Sarah. This also puts Sarah's disappointment with Chuck's apparent lack of trust in not telling her about his search for Orion very cleverly in context. This smooths that particular plot rough edge very well indeed!

Can't wait for the next installment!
sevenrez chapter 3 . 10/8/2016
That was a cute conversation. If only they were forced to move in together after Lethal Weapon, maybe they would have had that discussion. Thank you!
sevenrez chapter 2 . 10/8/2016
That definitely seems like a crazy normal day at the Buy More zoo! Thanks.
wilf21 chapter 3 . 10/7/2016
Great chapter which added a lot to the story.
Garnetflint chapter 2 . 10/6/2016
Really fun idea and you have Big Mile down pat. Mike thinking Sarah and Chuck were getting it on while out for missions... typical. Thanks for s fun update. Humour is harder to write than most give credit for.
atcDave chapter 3 . 10/6/2016
Outstanding scene, nicely done and in character. Actually disturbing how in character Jeff and Lester are...
Lonny J chapter 2 . 10/6/2016
Oh, so funny. Great!
wilf21 chapter 2 . 10/6/2016
Another very funny chapter. I really enjoyed the words of Big Mike
atcDave chapter 2 . 10/5/2016
Very funny. The world according to Big Mike is always a little dysfunctional!
James Mowery chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
This seemed like a great idea just from reading the title and synopsis but I have to say you totally exceeded my expectations! You had me completely at "Morgan doesn't have a gag reflex.". That is one of the best written John Caseys ever! No grunting and none of the (not very funny) derivative Caseyisms yet you kept his actions in the story in line with the character and his life experiences. Also, you made a shrewd connection between a unit of bored regulars in garrison and the shenanigans of the Buy More; John would indeed have seen this before and been amused by it.

It was very nice to see casual wryly observant Chuck in action. Very nice pick up on his normal day-to day demeanor at work! This is a really nice change-up from his usual pose in stories where he's obsessing about the spy life. One of the things that made the show so successful was the stress relieving juxtaposition between his day-to day life and his espionage career; way to capture this key show element in your work. Besides it was charming to see the main characters on a different footing, two friends trying to get over on each other, and in a setting where Casey is the neophyte and Chuck the master of the situation.

Brilliant reversal as Casey puts a heavy spook thumb on the scale to win after his "pal" sucked him in. Having Sarah re-level the playing field was also funny, in character and effective. Sadly what was less effective where her plans with Chuck which were jarringly out of character. Leaving aside the issue of an accelerated romantic plot line, which I always assume to be authors choice, Sarah as a character was never that blunt spoken with others (particularly Casey) about her moves and intentions toward Chuck. One of the charms of the character was the element of almost shy reticence she displayed in that regard.

Leaving that one complaint aside I think this is a wonderful and long overdo innovation of a story collection and I am keenly anticipating your next instalment! Thank you very much indeed!
Carmichael Jr chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
Ahah that was funny !
Glad that you're back, good continuation !
wilf21 chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
Hilarious! Thank you for this. I'm really looking forward to more of these gems.
atcDave chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
That was fun! Maybe a little out of character for Sarah, but lot's of fun regardless. And totally in character for Casey!