Reviews for Turnings
TsukuyoGintoki chapter 7 . 4/17
this is so dumb. why name himcorbett if his name is actually going to be Ricky/Rick?
Lolaxo chapter 26 . 4/7
Wow! Phenomenal!
GuestSG chapter 26 . 3/7
When I came across this story I was looking for a 'Sookie fights Freyda to get Eric back'. At first it felt that way. I enjoyed Sookies realization after Eric was gone what mistakes she had made, her ability to start fresh elsewhere and her process and reconnect w/E, but fell short. It felt as if her understanding was forgotten in later chapters especially w/her stories to R n the fights after turning. I get the need for the timeline of Eric's time w/Fredya (wasn't congruent w/E actual contract and cautious nature; by the time Freyda met her end it felt she was cheated out of a good fight n portrayed as a victim of a contract she herself could've dissolved(de C and Stan were devious n she did align w/them when it suit her plans). Some times the timeline or anecdotal (like Zara) didn't flow or left lose ends w/ the diff POV(we start w/S, jump to E, close out with a 12-14yr perspective(maybe a parents view point instead). The de Castro and S was perfectly creepy and 'oh no she better not fall for his tactics' moments- great mystery-tension-suspense. I would have preferred a Eric/de Castro show down then B raping and torturing S again( he'd done it before, S is older n wiser now not to trust that fool). Loved Mr.C, Fan, Talia, Pam, Rubio, Karin, Mustapha, and locations they played vital points in past n present character development some laughs to sad. The title would be best as "Rick's origin" backstory a S/E story after their FIRST marriage ended*wink* that would better blend the POV linear style. Good story and with some edit to smooth out the flow I could see this following Peter, Maddie, Jessica, George etc...
Billiestoneyx chapter 26 . 2/19
I’m sorry I didn’t review until now, but I will say as a twenty seven year old, I fell out of love with fan fictions a long time ago, but this? I stumbled into it while reading up on Eric Northman as I was watching the tv show for the first time and I haven’t been able to put this down. I was so taken aback with the talented writing, the in depth characters and emotive language with an amazing storyline. This was brilliant and I’m happy to learn there’s a sequel! Fantastic work.
Wonderful story! I loved it! Definitely one of my favourites.
Duckbutt chapter 24 . 10/30/2021
Yours is the most detailed description of a "turning" I've ever read. And Eric...oh, Eric!
Flyaway Dove chapter 26 . 5/29/2021
Your characterisation, writing style, and plot are magnificent. Thank you for crafting something so wonderful. I just wish the end was from Sookie's perspective so we could have experienced her as a vampire back with Eric.
levityoflonging chapter 26 . 12/26/2020
What a lovely well-written story! I hate to see it end. I rather wish that the end wasn't entirely from Rick's perspective. We didn't get to see sookie as a vampire, or a close up look at her reunion with Eric. It's a little cruel, lol.
GaijinVamp chapter 3 . 9/19/2020
I love Boston. My kid went to Berklee there. Four years of visits. Fran and her friends soud like the strong women I met while working in NYC.
GaijinVamp chapter 4 . 9/19/2020
Fae magic vampires babies? Telling Jason is like taking out an front page ad in the local newspaper. No way to keep de Castro from finding her now! Sam doesn't need to know. She's not keeping her secret very well. Where's Fran, the voice of reason?
solidae26 chapter 26 . 9/7/2020
Amazing! Thank you
Guest chapter 26 . 9/4/2020
Sorry, but this story was AWFUL
Guest chapter 12 . 9/4/2020
This chapter disgusted me
GlassMazeGazer chapter 21 . 2/12/2020
I was hoping they would get there in time to prevent the asshat from getting to turn Sookie & that Eric would eventually do it. I bet, before she was drained, shewould have been wishing that she hadn’t insisted that Eric not kill Compton all those times in the past, several times.

I’m on the fence about my preference for Eric having gotten to become her Maker & therefore having some control over her for better or worse versus her now being Maker-less & so still being capable of being every bit the same stupid, stubborn, bitchy Sookie only with fangs. I’m not for men controlling women, but the canon Sookie was a hateful bitch who went out of her way to humiliate Eric. I guess I would prefer that there was something solid & out of her control to get in the way of her natural selfishness, self-righteousness, & self-delusions of her own superiority. (I was a fan of Sookie & her potential in the earlier books, but the last half of the book series had me hating her & only hoping things worked out between E & S because it would make him happy.)
GlassMazeGazer chapter 18 . 2/12/2020
If Fran had protective wards in place for Sookie, how was creepy, crazy Bill able to damage her & rape her while Fran is still alive?