Reviews for No Love Lost or Given
chisscientist chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Celebrimbor is one of my favorite characters, and I enjoyed this story. Thank you.
AgentRusco chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
i like the histories
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Pretty! And amazingly-worded! I wish I could write like this! Oh well; continue with more of these things!
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
*bursts into tears* Oh, wow. I love this!
Insane Muse chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
This was very well done, I liked it very much. It was short but very smooth and convincing.

Great work!

(dont know why you dont have more reviews on this one lol!)
Faethin chapter 1 . 2/17/2003
Great Story! I loved it! But I think Celebrimbor means 'Silver-hand'.
Discordia the Goddess of Irony chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
Elbereth Gilthoniel, that was good! It's nice to see that other authors cross referrence Tolkien and research their fics. I liked it very much.
Starlight10 chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
This was very good. The interaction between Celeborn and Celebrimbor was magnificently portrayed. So many subtle clues and words between them! I am amazed at how they managed to say so much to each other without resorting to sharp words or other devices... I just love your dialogue, it is so well-crafted! And the intonations, as well as the hints you give regarding sound level in their voices (such as whispered, murmured, cried) are adequately placed to convey just the right mood in the argument. I enjoyed this very much. Keep up the good work ;o)
Bill-the-Pony chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Good one Vikki! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. This was a great help as I gear up to write my first Silmarillion tale. I have to say my style will have to be more like this when I come around to writing it, no matter how short it ends up.

Pretaining to the style, I still haven't come up with the right words to describe what kind of style it is. It's both very much like Tolkien and still a unique flavor. Ai! I wish I were better with words.

Celebrimbor had an excellent mix of well, slight coruption, but still nobility. Maybe that's not what you were going for but I liked the hybrid of the two. That's how I always pictured him. A doomed noble or something on those terms.

Celeborn is quite understandably defensive and protective of Galadriel. It had a very tense feel around the two, Celeborn and Celebrimbor.

Great job, Vikki, you don't know how much I learn when reading your stuff and talking to you.
Einalem chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
This was interesting and Cool

I liked it; Nice story, never stop writing

Einalem
Marnie chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Don't have anything helpful to say as I loved it from start to finish! A great little vignette. Thanks!

Would you mind me putting a link to it on my site? I'd like to recommend it to others!
klutcgrl chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
nice, thoughtful piece
Jocelyn chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Wow, that was marvelous! I've always wondered at the relationship dynamics between Celeborn, Celebrimbor and Galadriel, and this is yet another perspective on an always-fascinating group. The narrative and dialog are beautiful, and the emotions of our heroes are perfectly portrayed. Very well done, along with your other story "Unblinded."
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
Lovely, I just imagine Celebrimbor behaving so. He would be so horrified that he fell into Sauron's trap he would be capable of foolishly going back to confront him, the silly chap would be remembering his father's and grandfather's folly over other magical jewellery and he would have been determined to preven war over his Rings if he could. I actually feel very sorry for him.
Isa chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
I really liked this story!

That's pretty much how I envisioned a conversation between Celeborn and Celebrimbor.

Good work!