Reviews for The Cerberus Manifesto
Piandao chapter 1 . 3/15
Dobre
kagehisa chapter 1 . 10/15/2017
As much I might have seen Cerberus in a negative light, especially with how Mass Effect games painted the joining and comraderie of multi-species interactions, this particular fic really hits home about how close to home it really hits.

Had ol' TIMey been far more inclined to be shown doing things against the more insideious groups of the Citadel Council, or shown, say, Asair, Salarian, or Turian groups sponsered via their respective goverments, instead of focusing solely on the threat of the Reapers, it might've been a WHOLE lot more engaging of a game series.

Considering so many games feature retcons, here's hoping the next rendition of Mass Effect completely kicks out the need of Reapers all-together and showcases conflicts between the various factions like Alliance, Republics, Union, Heirarchy, even the Quarian fleet. THAT would be a game worth playing.

Also, *FAV*
Jade Tatsu chapter 1 . 9/19/2017
Oh, I really liked this! So true in so many aspects, and not really racist at all. it can't be racist if it's the truth and Humanity in ME got screwed over at almost every corner.

It's only a pity that at the moment in time Cerberus doesn't know about the Asari's VI because that would provide so much more material for them to add into this! I am surprised that there wasn't any mention of the Farixen treaty directly limiting everyone's military since that is another direct attempt to control that is easily exploited.

Like many of the reviewers, I've never really understood why Humanity went along with everything that the Council wanted or just didn't become an independent like the Batarians. I can only guess the threats must have been because we were on the Council border, even more so than the Batarians and that they really didn't want an independent, one that was willing to fight being that close. Or the Asari fucked everyone into it. Also a possibility.

So, where do I sign?
Anonymous chapter 1 . 6/16/2017
WTF is this shit.
ripple chapter 1 . 6/15/2017
Holy crap...extraordinarily well done.
I've had many jobs in my atypical life, including Commanding Officer of two military units...and this does a great job of striking the right chords for motivation and purpose.
If I didn't know the story, I'd be impressed. Knowing the ME story...I'm more impressed.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
Pity TIM was indoctrinated. Otherwise, Cerberus would have been the TRUE champion oh humanity. Can you imagine how different it would have been with Cerberus running things instead of the spineless "Alliance"
alexmirnick chapter 1 . 10/21/2016
It makes sense after the contact war. With everything Tim know after 25 plus years it becomes somewhat outdated. After shepherds rebirth needs to be updated. Maybe maranda should help write it.
NonSolus chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
Okay, I'm sold.

Where do you get this stuff from? And how long do you polish it before posting?
Because lemme tell you this stuff is gold, your ability to argue from different point of views adds a depth rarely seen in most stories.
You sir, are a treasure.
Keep em coming.

Humanity, fuck yeah.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
About time somebody wrote it, Bioware certainly wasn't going to. Thoguh made for the Premiseverse, this fits very well with canon. They would get along well with Section 31. Too bad Timmy was indoctrinated practically from the start.
GunbusterXL chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Interesting write-up. Not quite fear mongering, but the bias is still definitely there. It's documents like this that get otherwise reasonable people to join "terrorist" organizations in real life. Now get back to work and release that next chapter of OSABC!
magnusvictor chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
Beautiful work as always from you or Aberron! I really, really like this - it makes the good point that this document fits not only the openly grimdark universes that you two have made, but also *Canon* ME.

Seriously, the one thing that bothered me above all else in the game was how the various atrocities committed by the canon "good" guys (Genophage, attempted genocide of the Geth, near-genocide of the Quarians, everything about Shanxi, etc.) were played-down or ignored. I mean, it's a game and all, but that really threw me off the plot.

Then, I was really disappointed with how Cerberus was handled in ME2 3. In ME1, they were just another generic bad-guy organization (Western games post-9/11: need an enemy group that no gamer will feel bad about mowing down by the hundreds? Just call them 'terrorists.'), but I was really hoping at the start of ME2 that maybe the plot would go with the whole "Yeah we've done evil things, but this ain't some everybody-gets-along fantasy universe, so we've done less evil than pretty much everyone else" angle, but then Cerberus grabbed the Villain ball with both hands and jumped right off the cliff into Hollywood moustache-twirling evil-ness. How boringly cliche.

So, that's why I really, really love both your and Aberron's stories: both take care to point out (in AU settings, but still with the canon 'feel') how there really aren't any 'good' guys in the ME-verse. Grimdark is fun when it's acknowledged as opposed to just glossed-over!
Kampps chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
Damn, got goosebumps in the end.
RED78910 chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
This was simply a masterpiece. Really, you two have outdone Bioware by writing up a document they Really should have done themselves. I always wanted to see this, so thank you both for creating it.

And really, despite the somewhat distorted views presented here, most of it is in fact quite accurate. Even in cannon Humanity was screwed over at every possible turn by the other species and never really got anything in return for joining their so called 'galactic community'. The Asari were useless cowards, the Salarians were genocidal cowards, and the Turians were genocidal empire builders who attacked an unknown civilization with no provocation over laws they didn't even know existed.

Uh...yeah. Remind me again why humanity ever thought allying themselves with these types of people was a Good idea?

And what also annoys me is how, both in the games and out, people just...ignore all the faults the other species have. It's probably because Bioware wanted US to be the 'Real' bad guys in this setting, and I don't think this was intentional, but again even in the games there is more then enough to justify the creation of a Cerberus like group.

The STG is a bunch of mad scientists, the Turians seem to conquer, enslave or exterminate any weaker species they can, and the Asari are hoarding technology violating laws They Made! And yet, the only group that ever seems to be remembered is Cerberus. They're Evil don't mistake me, but does nobody ever pay attention to what the other species do?

Anyway, great work as always.
ArielFetters chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Nice to see their manifesto. I love the fact it tells people exactly why Cerberus was formed, wasn't 90% hate, and pointed out the fact that humans aren't saint like themselves, but they are in need of someone out there that doesn't have their head up their ass doing their best to keep humanity from getting bulldozed in it's sleep.
envy34 chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
(to lazy to sing into my account)

HEIL HYDR... oh wait wrong organization :D

any who, illusive man for president! an anti orbital cannon in every driveway!