Reviews for Order of Mercy
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 56 . 7/1
Somehow you almost got my feels to the point of the epilogue of Deathly Hallows. I mean that is some feat of fantastic writing. You wrapped up everyone’s storylines so well. Seeing Bill and Fleur just as disgustingly in love all those years later. The brotherly teasing. It was all just perfect. Now I’m back in post Potter depression mode again!
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 47 . 6/30
I’m so looking forward to the havoc the twins will reign on Muriel’s house! I’m sure plenty of hilarity will ensure. Trust the twins for some comic relief even during the harshest points of the war. My heart just breaks for Percy! He was so close! So close! And then of course we know what happens. Ugh!
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 46 . 6/30
You do such a great job of integrating the characters that JK gave us just a small glimpse of, then giving them more life and more depth, and then reintegrating them into the sorry we already know. The death of Ted Tonks takes on a whole new meaning when you look at it from the view of his friends. The fear after the arrival of the crew from Malfoy Manor, Bill instantly knowing the implications. Fleur automatically jumping into healing mode like she’s been doing it her whole life. I know the struggle now is to not retell the story we already know but to shed new light and new perspective on it.
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 45 . 6/30
That was a relief! I love Lance coming all Derek Shepherd “It’s a beautiful day to save lives”. It totally felt like so many moments I’ve witnessed in the ER. Fleur is so fierce I just love it! And how many people has she cared for and kept alive with no training only reading from a book?! Just a rockstar! Some growth from Audrey being able to look at Percy’s wounds without fainting. And of course typical Percy nobility trying to give her an out. Never thinking that he’s actually worth of anything as good and pure as love. Things are heating up. I’m so excited to see how you wrap this up and tie it in with the Battle of Hogwarts!
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 44 . 6/30
So obviously we know that Percy lives but damn if it’s still not making me sweat! Audrey’s declaration to Lance and Kitty. Swoon! I live the inclusion of Tonks in here. Of course she would be great with curse wounds as an Auror. Plus I just don’t feel like we get enough Tonks. Bill catching Lance’s expression towards Audrey gives him the perfect glimpse of the bits she keeps locked away. I wonder if he’ll share that with Percy or let him find out those parts on his own. Knowing bill it’s the latter. The ER nurse in me is so interested to see how Lance deals with these burns
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 43 . 6/30
Wow that was intense! Poor Percy! Fiend Furr burns are going to be a BITCH to heal. Oh my god and Justin! Yay! I know that’s such a relief for Fleur, in a way she must feel like he’s one of her first failures. What nice little full circle moment
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 42 . 6/30
The final curve of Percy’s redemption arc begins! Here he is planning this insane mission with people who are very close to his family. The tension around the station when Percy is mentioned, you just know these people think he’s still a ministry loving, bootlicking prat.

Conjuring the patronus was such a telling little snippet. It’s interesting to see Percy’s patronus change. Perhaps it’s changed as he has become his own man, stepped away from family and expectations and all the things Percy thought he would be at this point in his life. And the distinction Audrey makes between just thinking about a happy memory and actually feeling the memory. What a revelation!
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 41 . 6/30
Things are heating up! I’m so excited for this most daring mission. Fleur reminds me so much of Sirius in this chapter. He too was tucked away for his safety but constantly watching his friends taking off on some daring adventure. Here are two very accomplished magic wielders stuck helpless watching everyone else make a difference. Will we ever find out what Percy has against Williamson? Is it just an abundance of wartime caution or something else?
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 40 . 6/30
So many uncomfortable reunions for Percy lately. This one really hits home with the way things are going right now. It’s good that Percy finally got a little closure on the Penelope front. And Audrey handled that like a champ. I would have totally expected her to clam up and start doing her little distancing song and dance after hearing about the pregnancy. I liked her explanation to Percy, that Penelope didn’t really see it as a baby but a pregnancy. That’s such an important distinction I think. It was also such a change for my feelings about Penelope. I just assumed she had an abortion because she wasn’t ready to be a mother and was focused on building her career, not that I don’t completely sympathize with those reasons. But her explanation really makes me feel even more for her. It’s a terrifying thought bringing a child into such a cruel world.
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 39 . 6/30
Ah the messy feelings drummed up by past relationships. Poor Audrey with her ever present feelings of inadequacy. Her parents really did a number on her didn’t they? But I can also readily understand the hurt and the unavoidable tendency to compare herself to someone she considers so high above her but also with such hurt and disdain. I think that’s one of the hardest parts of adult relationships, trying not to compare ourselves to our partners past relationships, and trying not to feel lacking compared to whatever trumped up image we’ve made of them.
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 38 . 6/30
Well that reunion went better than I imagined. Cold but not physical. Charlie is so sweet with the baby! It just makes my heart melt. Of course anything with Charlie is likely to make me swoon. Always love the drunk brothers moments. It’s fun to see Percy’s guard come down even a little. And the picking and fun they have at each other’s expense. Charlie poking sleeping Percy made me giggle. Such an annoying brother thing to do. Obviously I’ve read your other writings so I know the deal with Charlie, Mary, and Pax, but I just can’t get over how doting Charlie is with the baby. You always picture him as the brutish blokey type. But to see this tender and nurturing side is just the best!
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 25 . 6/29
I’m loving Audrey opening up to Percy more. But of course we know the turmoil that leads to. God I’m so much Audrey it hurts!

The bit with Bill and Ron was so sweet. I imagine it was never a particularly close relationship with him and Ron. Bill would have been heading to Hogwarts when Ron was around a year or two old. But then roughhousing like brothers is just so perfect because you just imagine how many time Bill and Charlie were told off by Molly for the same thing.

The love scene in this chapter is pure perfection. There is nothing better than completely losing yourself in another person. Reckless passion.
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 24 . 6/29
After many years of absence I have returned to the thing that brings me the most comfort, Harry Potter. And what better fic to return to than this, my favorite never finished story. The beginning of this chapter with Percy and Audrey listening to the Quidditch match was such a sweet little couple moment. It reminds me of watching soccer with my ex. The parallel of Oliver’s rise to the top and my favorite goal keeper in soccer are so similar. My favorite keeper was the third choice for his national team during World Cup qualifying for 2010. But the first choice very sadly committed suicide in November 2009. In the spring the second choice guy sustained a season ending injury. So up steps the very young third choice keeper to save the day and prove himself one of the best in the world at the tournament summer of 2010. I’ve always wondered what it must feel like to have his career catapulted to such superstardom on such incredibly difficult and sad circumstances.

The escape of Sarah from the insidious Rancorn reminds me so vividly of my escape from my ex husband, about a year or so after I stopped reading fic. While my ex husband was no death eater, he was equally wrapped up in disturbing and exclusionary ideology.

What I find most appealing about everything you write, besides the well written characters and the way you make me cheer for characters I never gave much thought to before, is that you take a fairytale story and make it so real. Take away the magic and these are things that truly happen in everyday mundane life.
DMMG chapter 55 . 2/23
I just found out about this story yesterday, and i finisihed it in little bit more than 24 hours (a girl's still gotta work). it was a beautiful story of redemption, the power of love and family. I love the idea of the order of mercy, very fitting story for Bill and Percy behind the 7th book. thank you author for such a good story
WizMonCruWil chapter 55 . 2/22
“I’m going to have that man’s babies!” YAAAASSSSS QUEEN! You do you, Audrey! You do you…

By the way, you hit 800 reviews on March 19th, 2019. Congrats for reaching 900 reviews on February 22nd, 2022!