Reviews for Order of Mercy
jamespotterilove chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
And by isn't, I 100% meant is
jamespotteriloveyou chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
This isn't awesome! I'm loving it already and can't wait to see what you've got planned :)
vancabreuniter chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Yay! This is so good! My best friend, keeptheotherone, had told me about this story concept you had & that you were working on writing it. I loved the idea & I told her to keep me posted about it. So, I've been excited about this fic for a bit. She told me that you posted the first chapter when we chatted yesterday, so I knew that I needed to put this on my "to do" list for today. :)

I love how you're setting this up. I love the backstory for the characters (like Audrey & her friendship with Fleur - which is great by the way) and Percy's nerves in talking to Bill. I like the Tonks/Fleur conversation and friendship bit at the end of the chapter too. So good!

Can't wait for more & luckily I won't have to as tomorrow is Tuesday!
finite7incantatum chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
This was amazing! I can tell this is going to be a fantastic story. You captured everyone's personalities so perfectly. I loved the little incidental meeting between Percy and Audrey! I think that's what I'm most excited for: to learn more about Audrey and to see Percy's redemption, step by step. You always write Percy so incredibly. I look forward to the next chapter! :D
Belfast Docks chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Of course I love almost all of your Harry Potter works; as usual, this one does not disappoint and I know will live up to all it's potential! Can't wait to read more and see how it plays out.
Future Madam Pomfrey chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Yay! I'm so excited for this story! I can't wait to read more! I love the way you set up each main characters' part. I'm so ready to read more about Audrey. She's one of my favorites because we don't know anything about her and I love seeing everyone's take her. I really loved Fleur's thoughts on Molly and Arthur and the contrast of her and Audrey.
I can't wait for more "minor character" development! Tuesdays just got a little better!
Aereal chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Loving it already... Of course... Brilliant stuff :)
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
*wriggles with excitement*

I thought your dedication to JKR and Lori was beautiful. Thanks for the shout-out!

So, we open with a bang! A brief piece of canon to set the mood and we spin right off with ... Bill! I love that you opened with him, and I love that you jumped into multiple POV with both feet right off the bat. The idea of Bill accidentally reopening his scars with a casual frustrated gesture made me cringe, and then the lovely "besides, Fleur would have his bollocks." :D Says so much about the nature of their relationship, its partnership and equality, right there. I LOVED the way you introduced Percy, both with Percy's use of Polyjuice and Bill seeing through it but especially the story Percy used to tip Bill off. A lovely slice-of-life mini-fic of its own, and of course Percy had made up a detailed cover story! I felt so sorry for him here, though, having to go to such elaborate lengths just to speak to his brother.

Ehehe, I love the classic meeting/not-meeting of Percy and Audrey in the Leaky. Percy's thoughts on Bill were great-I could hear the wanting to please/impress and the brotherly annoyance both. Haha, and of course Fleur doesn't understand "sacked"! I loved how frank she was in saying so, no putting on airs for this one. The description of Audrey's room and the casual mention of a house-elf was a BRILLIANT way to illustrate Audrey's background. I wondered a bit at "Sprayberry House," when her first thought of how to deal with too many clothes was an expansion charm I suspected, but then after the house-elf I was sure she came from wealth. Simply superb "showing," my friend. I don't think I've read much of your Audrey; or at least, it's been a while. I liked how even in her distress she's sensible enough to pull herself together when she enters Diagon Alley (that tells us both about Audrey and the mood/setting as well) and take Fleur back to her flat. You can see these two have an easy friendship born of familiarity.

Choosing Fleur's POV for the Order meeting was another stroke of genius. We get the fresh perspective of a new Order member, the newness of her married status in thinking of Arthur as her father-in-law and wishing for Molly's affection (way to go-you actually made me feel for Fleur here, and she's not my favorite person in the world). I liked Fleur's reasoning for why people trust and rely on Arthur.

And Tonks! *squee* I've always thought the Tonks-Fleur relationship would be an interesting one to explore. I especially liked how you described them as "amiable" but not exactly friends. Fleur's shock at Tonks' revelation that Remus left her says a lot about his character ... but so does Tonks' certainty that he's hiding in the orchard, waiting for her to leave. :\ Aaaand *wriggles with excitement again* we get the very first hint of the main plot with Fleur's offer to help Ted!

Mandy, I am SO PSYCHED for this. It is already obvious how hard you've worked on this, your writing is tight and pacing is brisk even in this group of "setup" scenes, and I cannot /wait/ to see what you have in store for us!

There. I was honestly planning a nice long review b/c this chap deserves it, but I hope that makes up for making you wait a day and a half on your opening salvo!
Julchen26 chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
Nooo I accidentally posted my review even though I wasn't done yet... As I was trying to say as a Percy lover I was absolutely ecstatic when I saw this story! I'm in love with your Audrey and always wanted to know more abour hers and Percy's backstory!
I also love the whole idea of the Order of Mercy! I remember some informations about it from your other stories it's about helping Muggleborns isn't it? I always appreciate it when there are stories about Percy helping Muggleborns during the war! To me it makes perfectly sense I mean he has the inside information and chasing Muggleborns goes against his morals. And he's a Gryffindor after all! I also appreciate it when people write about other organisations who were trying to fight Voldemort! I mean the Order of the Phoenix doesn't have that many members so there must have been other groups!
As you can see so far I love pretty much everything about your story! Your writing is great anyway!
I can't wait for Tuesday! I'm really curious about the meeting between Bill and Percy!
Julchen26 chapter 1 . 10/8/2016
Ok before I start I have to confess that I've already read most of your other stories but haven't reviewed them yet (shame on me)... But let me tell you that I loved all of them! I love the whole universe you've created! Now as a Percy lover I was absolutely estatic
BurgundyHope chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
Every time I remember you've started posting this story (which has been a lot in just these few short hours haha) I get excited all over again ;) You've worked so hard on this, I'm so proud of what you've accomplished and impressed by your work ethic, and I hope you know how lucky *I* feel to have found a friend in you and to have had the chance to work on OOM with you :D

I've decided as each chapter is posted I'm going to tell you my absolute favorite line/moment/scene from the chapter. So, Chapter 1: "Maybe today was the first step." That line is so hopeful, it gives me the warm fuzzies about Percy (which I had never felt until I read your portrayal of him), and, in my opinion, it seems to represent the tone and message of this whole story so well.

And so it begins ;)

xx
AvidReader4746 chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
I can't tell you how excited I am about this!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
It's here, it's here, it's HERE! *sings with excitement* You have no idea how READY I am for this adventure. You're off to a great start - your characterizations were lovely and the foundation was perfectly laid. As usual, I LOVE your characterization of Audrey. You conveyed so much about her (and her relationship with Fleur) in such few words. I especially love her dedication to non-profit work, and how badly she wants to do something that matters - the fact that she would agree to a blind date shows a lot, I think. Hehe. The first scene with Bill and Percy was spot-on; Bill WOULD be able to recognize Percy in the middle-aged man's face. And Percy's thoughts in the bathroom were so beautifully written, especially the bit about him being afraid of what he'll see in his father's eyes. But the last scene was my favorite! The description of the Order meeting from Fleur's eyes - Kingsley's quiet, watchful presence, Arthur's humility and reassuring air, one of the twin's elbow on the table, Tonks watching Molly like a mouse watching a cat - I could so clearly visualize it. And the little interaction between Tonks and Fleur was so moving: Fleur's bluntness when talking about Ted, Tonks's anger/bitterness when talking about Remus (THANK YOU for not turning her into a sobbing, helpless mess of a woman, as I have seen many people do), and the playful banter about Molly and the frying pan. That made me laugh out loud. Anyway, I'm extremely excited for what's yet to come, and I look forward to the next chapter. :)
MelodyPond77 chapter 1 . 10/7/2016
AHHHH YES IT IS HERE I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS. I love, love, LOVE how you're starting! I'm excited to see how the whole Fleur/Bill rescue mission stuff plays out, and also the Percy/Audrey love stuff that I'm sure will be happening at some point (and also I really hope we might get some cute Oliver/Katie too, because I still reread Pictures of You quite often). I cannot wait for the next chapter! Tuesdays are definitely going to become my favorite day of the week.
914 | « Prev Page 1 .. 51 58 59 60 61