Reviews for No Journey's End
meekangs chapter 1 . 2/13
this is the best fic i have read so far... i fell in love with severus because of this fic! thank you for writing sth so lovely
lithiumxx chapter 9 . 2/9
i am awaiting your update! this is the first fem! harry x snape i have read and it's been a great read so far. it pulls at my heart strings
thesecretadversary chapter 9 . 1/25
I'm obsessed with this fif It's awesome
jchayden79 chapter 9 . 1/19
Liked the Kreacher point of view - great way to catch us readers up after the little time jump (although I wouldn't want to spend too much time in his head *ick*). This - "Dumbledore's secrets could probably burn the wizarding world to the ground." - is a great line, so true. Harriet hiding out in Regulus' room and reading about Snape in his diary is pure gold. Thank you!
I love this fic! I can’t wait to read the next chapter! I’am french and not so good on my englishclass, but when I found The never-ending road and No Journey’s end I finished the two in a week!
Rocker Lullaby chapter 4 . 1/4
I love the name of the chapter, for some reason xD and I adore them, the way they fight against themselves to not run towards each other. I was listening to I Forgive You, by Maitre Gims ft Sia, as if the chapter want angsty enough hehe and I thought the lyrics fit pretty well with the fic :3
maritinkerbell chapter 9 . 12/31/2017
I've been binge reading this entire story for the last week while I was home visiting my parents- they definitely think something's wrong with me. The fic is amazing! I love Harriet's personality- she has the same grim humor of the original Harry plus a much-needed dose of sensibility (see: not trying to sneak into Hogsmeade with the Marauder's Map). And of course Snape in all his snarky goodness is amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this story develops through years 5-7. I've added you to my alerts, so UPDATE SOON!
TheCannibalisticKitten chapter 9 . 12/20/2017
My email must hate me because I never got the alert that you updated! I'm glad I popped in to check.
You can already feel how dark things are turning and that'd making me anxious for everyone. The boggart piece was a surprise because I hadn't expected Snape to be apart of it. I can't even imagine what he felt or thought with seeing that.
A horrible part of me hopes that Harriet takes Reg's diary with her to Hogwarts, if she hasn't finished reading it by now.
I'm curious to see how she handles Occ. Lessons versus how they went in canon.
Are we going to see renewed effort for the Harriet Slytherin Friendship Club? Lol, if so she'll have her hands full!
Once more, endless thanks for all the effort and time you put into your updates. Sending endless love and appreciation your way!
Lindyily chapter 9 . 12/18/2017
Thank you so much for writing this fic! I've been on a non-stop reading rampage since starting TNER a couple days ago :D I absolutely adore your writing; the characters feel so real, and I'm always intrigued by each new plot arc. I can't wait to see where the story goes next! I'm especially curious to see how Harriet's occlumency lessons will change the dynamic of Harriet and Snape's relationship! Can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work! :)
Guest chapter 9 . 12/10/2017
I am so happy I found this fic. I never thought I'd be interested in a female Harry story, but you sure smashed that prejudice. These characters are amazing; you write them convincingly and each one is so dynamic. I adore the interactions between Harriet and Snape, and I look forward to seeing how their relationship progresses as she gets older. Thanks for a captivating journey so far, and I look forward to what is to come!
Iballl chapter 9 . 12/9/2017
A lovely wrap-up of summer and preparation for exciting times ahead! I had the feeling you would skip details of their return from Switzerland - I suppose it's not really needed and would slow things down. The hints/dashes of conversation do a great job in any case.

I like Kreacher's POV - I feel bad for him, even if he doesn't do himself any favours. I liked the insight into Regulus and Snape's relationship. I hope Kreacher is treated better though JKR's use of the house elf as a surprise 'gotcha!' was so good I wouldn't mind it happening in a similar manner. It must be difficult to know what to copy and what to change.

The memory of Snape and Lily was awesome - it must have been fun to write something similar to your Come Once Again and Love Me work. I love all the details added to characters like this, Snape most of all. One of the shames of the original is that it was so restricted in its POV.

I was surprised that a memory spell was used on the children, though it cleared up worries I had about how much had been revealed (especially to Draco). I keep forgetting magic is a thing. I have the suspicion that the memory spell won't quite work as well as they'd like!

Ron's discussion of his prefect badge was sweet. I'm glad Harriet took the news better than Harry did - I should think she had enough things to get angsty about without feeling abandoned by Dumbledore! It makes her seem more mature as well, to support Ron and worry about Hermione.

Like Kreacher's POV, Draco's section was great to see because it was so different. I think a lot of villains are written without any thought as to how they act in their free time. The interaction between father and son was telling and helps explain Draco's actions really well, both in what he did in the original series and what he might do in your work.

Poor Snape. I've been looking forward to Occlumency lessons for ages! The possibilities for intense embarrassment and character development is fantastic. I never liked the original for how unconcerned everyone seemed to be that Harry did not do well - it was 'lucky' that Voldemort never looked into Harry's mind!

Harriet not understanding what Snape's boggart indicates is lovely - I am always impressed at how well you drip out information/character changes in your stories like this. Rather than a sudden change, leaping to whatever cool idea the author had, the slow gradual changes are far more interesting to read. It's the journey that matters!

TL;DR Amazing chapter! Constantly impressed with your writing :)
Andante825 chapter 9 . 12/7/2017
The boggart was a brilliant device. I'm most anxious to find out what Snape is able to see in Harriet's mind (or vice versa). Love Harriet, Comparatively Kind!Snape, and this story, and thank you for writing!
Ladybrae chapter 9 . 12/7/2017
Hello, just a little friendly reminder that there are some of us here who have been reading this epic for years and regularly check our inboxes for updates. You are wonderful and Harriet is Perfect. It’s a shame there are so few good female heroes in literature that we have to hijack from the good old boys book club. I love your vision and the natural, non sexist changes in canon a gender swap would of course cause.
JLdark chapter 9 . 12/6/2017
Great chapter! After what happened to them in summer is good that they had some peace and quiet, until they return to the castle and when Unbridge appears.

I look forward to the occulmency lessons! What will happen? Will Severus find out something he doesn't want to know? By the way nice touch with the memory of Lily and Severus, it was kind of bittersweet but I liked it.

So until next chapter! And keep the amazing work!
Elliot Green chapter 9 . 12/1/2017
oh man, that ending. That was a great scene.