Reviews for To Live For Yourself
Sirius333 chapter 1 . 5/25/2017
So...Breath deep. This is not going to be a pleasant review.

The only reason the author wrote this about a Krieger is because the Kreigers are the edgiest of all edgelords to come out of GW's Warhammer series. He didn't actually do any research, he just thought that a silent bad ass wearing a trenchcoat would make an excellent character concept (Because nobodies ever had THAT idea before)...

But frankly we all knew it would be a horrible piece of writing from the moment we heard "Guardsmen and Xeno love plot". I mean, he pretty much threw cannon out the window at that moment, so I can't see how anybody who reads this can really complain that he didn't do his work on the Death korps.

I know I'm being extraordinarily critical here, but honestly I love the concept of the Eldar and I love the concept of the Kreig. But that is precisely WHY I am so critical of this piece of work. The Author is simply disregarding out-of-hand any piece of lore that tells us this shouldn't be happening, and wrote it anyways. The EldarXGuardsmen stories have always utterly disregarded canon. If you actually like the Eldar for the way GW wrote them (excepting, of course, the author CS Goto, may he get eaten by ravenous weasels) then these types of fanficts always been a slap in the face saying "Screw your faction, I'm just going to write some trash that smears feces all over their entire concept."
theyesman chapter 6 . 5/24/2017
I waited forever for this to come back thank you
Zues Killer Productions chapter 6 . 5/22/2017
Frankly, I forgot this existed for a while, but I guess old things just come back to haunt you.

While I admit that the monologue of the chapter is interesting (at least the bit with all the loved ones being dead), it's also slightly worrying. The Death Korps, from what I understand, tend not to care about death or emotions.
Rarzakan chapter 6 . 5/22/2017
What a nice story, keep up the good work.
Mortarion The Death Lord chapter 6 . 5/21/2017
ITS BACK, FRACK YES!
Quintus Sertorius chapter 6 . 5/21/2017
this is the best story about a death korps so far
NoJaSHIRO chapter 1 . 5/8/2017
is this going to continue or nah? i really enjoy the story so pls gimme good news :D
Axcel chapter 5 . 3/20/2017
Messing with the Guard is a good way to get your family burned at the stake.
Anonomous chapter 5 . 12/24/2016
Unfortunately, I have lost my account password and cannot log in to get a reply. That's a bit of a weak Krieg soldier, passing out, Krieg soldiers are in a sealed environment suit and they have the best gas masks in the imperium, to survive the brutal and harsh surface of Krieg making it able to survive acidic and toxic fumes, radiation, etc with ease. Yes I understand that Kriegers do have the limitations of being human but his gas mask could easily process some smoke. He would have been fine, using his monoknife to cut through the hinge like a hot knife through butter, or using his las rifle to shoot the door hinge or lock. Now I have posted some harsh comments on this fiction but believe me, I love any fanfiction about the death korps of Krieg but you are really cutting them short here on discipline, uniform policy, equipment reliability, and the abilities and behaviours of a death korps trooper. Now if you were to change the death korps trooper to a cadian trooper would be great, it wouldf fit the charecter you've established and behaviour and so on. In truth a loyal imperial deathkorps trooper would kill or be killed (or kill self) an eldar saved him not have a relationship with the filthy xeno.
seabo76 chapter 5 . 12/23/2016
Interesting...just read the last 2 chapters. Not bad! Looking forward to the next chapter
Mortarion The Death Lord chapter 5 . 12/21/2016
Nice chapter
Nerdlydelicious chapter 5 . 12/21/2016
A question if I may: why didn't Karl blast the door with his lasgun? Did he not have it on hand? Also ignore that anynomous asshole. If he's not brave enough to make an actual account so you can reply to him then he's not even worth your time and you should just ignore his comments.
Kamzil118 chapter 3 . 12/20/2016
Ah, the Death Korps and their stubborn ways.
Kamzil118 chapter 2 . 12/20/2016
Well, this is an interesting twist of things. A planetary governor doing some strange trading with xenos, the revelation of the Eldar protagonist, and deal that most Eldar would never accept if soulstones were not part of the deal.
Kamzil118 chapter 1 . 12/20/2016
You know, I actually tried to work on this idea. It's just that I didn't have something interesting to bring an Death Korps guardsman and an Eldar to come together.
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »