Reviews for To Live For Yourself
Anonymous chapter 4 . 12/18/2016
Wow, a death korps soldier trapped needing to be rescued by a filthy xeno, a Kriegsman is basically a machine powered by disregard for their own safety and their faith to the emperor, he could bash through a wall easily. Before he dies of smoke? Since when do gas masks not work? His gas mask would easily protect him from smoke inhalation. Also, the name, since when have death Korpsman have names? Their names are a serial number, just a string of numbers , not an actual name. You need to stop writing this so out of character or change the character into a cadian or similar guard regiment.
Anonymous chapter 3 . 12/18/2016
Wow, a Krieger out of uniform, their uniform is their skin, they need it and would wear their full uniform regardless. Then said Kriegsman feels bad for a vostroyan thinking they probably killed themself to rid themselves of the horrors of war? What? How would a Krieg soldier relate to this? To a Death Korpsman war is life, a trench is home, the most beautiful music is artillery cannons firing, las guns shooting, and heretics and xenos dying, war is heaven to them so they can't relate to horrors of war. Then again, bandits on the road, violating imperial laws, an actual Krieg soldier would have shot them with ruthless brutality because they broke the law and threatened the troop's life. Then to top it all off, you made him cuss, a Death Korpsman doesn't spout profanity Willy nilly, death Korps guards go their entire lives without cursing. You need to rewrite this because it just doesn't fit the deatg Korps
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/18/2016
Wait... a soldier of the death korps of Krieg feeling? Being bothered by the cold? Being bored? Thinking about jokes with his comrades? Please look into who you're writing about before you write about my favorite regiment of the Imperial Guard. A Death Korps soldier will stare at a wall while up to their neck in snow and not think about anything other than their duty without a complaint if ordered to, learn the death korps of Krieg, please.
BIBOTOT chapter 4 . 12/16/2016
7 out of 10.

Well, looks like Karl should have killed those bandits when he had the chance. I like how Alria steps in an intervene despite her nonchalance toward humans. Sometimes, acts of offence can really tip people off, even if they are not harmed, prompting actions.

I look forward to seeing more.
regularguardsmen chapter 4 . 12/15/2016
I really liked this and ask that you please do more but just a tad bit quiker
Kite chapter 3 . 12/14/2016
Enjoying this fic very much thus far. Wish there was a lot more for me to read but i suspect that that wish shall be granted in time.

So far I'm also quite happy with the characterization of both Alria and Werner.
Kind of hoping for longer chapters in the future but please do keep writing this.

-Kite
Guest chapter 4 . 12/14/2016
I like your eldar vocabulary with Alria using the term 'pack' for group of humans
Nerdlydelicious chapter 4 . 12/13/2016
Can't wait for the next chapter! I assume the person inside the structure wasn't our brave Kriegsman?
Mortarion The Death Lord chapter 3 . 12/12/2016
I just realized that the planetary Govener is in need of some SERIOUS PURGING FOR HIS HERESY AND GREED! Anyway I'm loving the story so so far.

Colonel Sanders of the Harakoni Warhawks 086th Militarum Tempestus Regiment/ GoldenSpartan86
Oraton chapter 3 . 11/26/2016
Wooow! It's awesome! :D I haven't read such good ff in a while. Keep it up, i'll be waiting for next chap. :D Greets from Poland.
Cornel Juergen chapter 3 . 11/14/2016
Update this looks very promising
BIBOTOT chapter 3 . 10/13/2016
7 out of 10.

A bit short. But since you are updating this quite quickly I would not complain too much. Those bandits really picked the wrong person to mess with.

I am not sure why Werner is not allowed to wear his uniform outside battles and parades. In fact, the Death Korps of Krieg wear their uniform and gas mask everywhere they go. The reason for this is because some of them are clones and some are born humans, much like the Stormtroopers in Star Wars.

I hope to see the eventual meeting between the main characters, as well as the pacing to kick up.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 3 . 10/13/2016
A Death Korps Sgt. encouraging his men to stay ALIVE?! That HERETIC! *Sends Unit 731, æ Division*

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to get a bit uneasy. On one hand, it's nice to see that, despite it being a romance fic, you're taking the time to flesh out the world and the main character rather than sticking to romantic scenes every chapter. On the other hand, the Eldar MC has had more screentime that Werner...despite having only one chapter so far. I'm worried that Werner may not have equal screentime with the Eldar MC, and it's concerning how this seems to be a pattern.
Kondoru chapter 2 . 10/13/2016
Thats a very good offer for a pointy eared scum.
jim chapter 1 . 10/12/2016
I'm really struggling to get my head around the concept of an Eldar/human romance.
Have you ever been to the zoo and looked at the front apes in their enclosures? Do you find the female ones attractive? Not even the really pretty ones? No, of course not.
This is how the Elder look down on humanity. They don't call us Mon'keh for nothing. It's not even always intended as an insult, they just consider us an Ape.
If the author wouldn't consider a relationship with a gorilla why should an Elder?
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »