Reviews for Duty
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 4/17
You have a real talent for taking the unlovable characters and making them admirable. Percy was always a prat in the books; it's nice to see him get some value. Also, it's very believable. I can completely see him doing this.
mysinger chapter 1 . 1/11
Good story. A different perspective on Percy.
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Percy's voice really needs to be heard. Sometimes I think that the Weasleys are very irresponsible with their money. Seriously, they won the raffle in the Daily Prophet in Ron's second year and instead of fixing the house or something, they went on vacation!
wanderingsinthoughtspace chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Nice idea. Thanks for writing.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Oh Percy. Would it be that they understood.
aurora-inked chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
This made me tear up slightly; it was like rebuking me for thinking Percy was such a prat even though he came back to his family in the end. Wonderful characterisation, as usual!
Light on the Horizon chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Loved this story. Great characterisation of Percy; it really fits in with the books as well :)
Prof M McGonagall chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
I really liked this story. It's nice to see Percy in a good light, instead of having him seem like an uptight prat.
friendlyquark chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Thisis lovely and makes what happens in the books later even more poignant. Well done.
Etar chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
This is great. I've always thought Percy was an intresting character but I've never read anything so in depth about him. This is one of those fics I wish I'd been able to right.

-E
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 3/13/2006
A really good take on Percy. I particularly like the way he attempts to become passionate about his boring but necessary job.
TeenTypist chapter 1 . 3/12/2006
Magnificent piece of work! I never had considered that as a reason for Percy continuing to live at home; nice touch about how overworked his parents are. I definately feel Percy is a misunderstood character. You have done a fantastic job here, thank you for a great read.
Ann-MCN chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
What a dear Percy! I like Arthur and Molly, and I do think Percy was helping out. Hope he's a good guy, in disguise.
duj chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Great Percy story. Are you still a Percy fan or did you get mad at him when he quarrelled with his family?

Personally I understand why Percy didn't trust Dumbledore. After his last 3 years at Hogwarts, 3 years in which Dumbledore's poor choice of DADA teachers and lack of care for student safety saw Percy's youngest siblings and his girlfriend get injured and/or almost killed, his attitude was hardly surprising. I find it more surprising that the other members of his family still trusts than that he doesn't.
netkerosene chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
I found this because of FA's nifflers. Well and truly deserving of the accolade - It's a beautiful fic. Percy's long been the black sheep of the Weasley family - from before the books started he appeared to be the odd one out - that a sympathetic treatment of him is wondeful to read.