Reviews for Another Me
BehrBeMine chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
This is my favorite of the stories you've written. Gorgeous descriptions, dead-on Colin voice. The symbolism is beautiful, and very, very well done.
sb chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
with the one word a line thing, it's hard to read. Good though.
Ditey chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Great job, as always! I didn't buy Colin's story either, and I am pretty sure this is how it played out. I liked how you got into his mind, trying to find someone that was real. I'd have to agree with you, that this is one of the best fics you've ever written. Now, for the symbolism. I always like trying to find it out, even if I'm really bad, and it just makes your story seem so much deeper. Okay, I feel like I'm in English class, waving my hand saying, 'I noticed the red theme! Oooh! Ooh! Call on me!' So the red, trying to break from the ordinary. Black and white and gray is everything around him, normal people and pictures that are making him remember. Red are things that grab his attention, made things stand out, so he knows he doesn't blend in with the rest of them, and he's his own person. Kinda like in the Giver, when red is the first color people see. So the red of blood lets him know that he's different, alive, and not of the white and gray that is all around him. Perhaps why he decided to break open the truck door in such an eloquent matter. That's what I think, but this may call for a second chapter ;) I loved the line about him being in between life and death. That was a grat quote. Keep writing! Very good job, as always. I can't wait to see more from you!
Jess chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Hey, that was great! The best Everwood fic I've ever read. It was very well-written and a great characterization of Colin - who I am completely in love with. Ok, I did nitce that red was a repeated theme, but I can't seem to figure out its purpose and/or symbolism. Maybe it's just because sick and can't think straight. Anyway, great story, write again!