Reviews for Bittersuite: 1941 - I'll Be Home for Christmas
generalsleepy chapter 1 . 3/20
I really appreciate your attention to detail. It adds to the richness and immediacy of the setting.
New Gaia chapter 1 . 2/22
It's hard to think seriously about Hogan's Heroes, but this is a really interesting preamble to the series, and I appreciate the references to Dad's Army and goodnight Sweetheart, both topnotch British series.
Perhaps the more sober underpinnings of this comedy series make the satirical historical comedy even sharper!
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/10
Having studied abroad in London in 1981 and visiting in May in 1985, and dealing with their weather, I got a nice chuckle over Hogan's sentiments in the beginning of the story. The beautiful description of the OC seems to be out of a BBC presentation. This is a unique work. Hogan's background is different, and I love his interaction with the other characters. Roberts has been one of my favorite "extras" (I've used him more than once, myself) and your portrayal of him is on point.
Jinzle chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Your an excellent writer. The story was tight, and it flowed well. I look forward to your next entry.
momgobloo chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
A very nice snippet of Hogan with the RAF and a great job capturing the time. Poor Hogan won't make it home for awhile! Welcome to the fandom!
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Welcome to the HH fandom. I really enjoyed this beautifully constructed piece. Your writing is crisp and vivid - you transported this reader right into 1941. I also thought you moved very skillfully between Hogan's internal musings and his engagement with other characters. I like your take on Hogan's service before the US entry into the war, and the snippets of his history that you provide are intriguing. I'd love to know more about what he needed to straighten out in his life. I hope this is the first of many contributions!
WaterDeep chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
This was a thought and mood provoking work. I enjoyed reading it.
Thanks for sharing it.