Reviews for Lone Traveler: Professor of Defense
Turtle chapter 17 . 1/1
Look I don’t mind some redemption arks, but the fact is that petunia and snape both end up being child haters and assholes. Also the whole relative shit is so forced, like Lily is in no way possibly shapes cousin and dumbledores distant cousin. Like pleaseee. But otherwise it was alr ig
acowles02 chapter 18 . 12/25/2023
Binns would know who dumbledore was. He was the transfigurstion teacher or something before he took up the post
acowles02 chapter 3 . 12/24/2023
I can understand why this dumbledore would take books out of the restricted section. Yeah its good to have knolwege of dark magic, but hes in a school with teenagers and preteens. They dont need to have access to thar. Maybe if they go for masteries, then yeah. But not school students. Its like giving middle and high school chemistry students radioactive materials, or having them in a place that lets be hinest is fairly easy access.
moodysavage chapter 27 . 10/23/2023
loved loved loved this!
Difdi chapter 9 . 10/3/2023
I can see some potential problems with the potions lab.

Pitions being brewed are exposed to a number of things people normally don’t think about. Atmospheric pressure, atmospheric composition, the material of the cauldron, the material of the stirring rod, even the type of light shining on them can have an effect. Potion brewing is ritual magic, albeit minor rituals, and rituals can go very nasty if you meddle with the details.

A sudden vacuum around a cauldron - the reverse bubble head charm you mentioned for fire prevention - might actually make a potion that needs oxygen or nitrogen or whatever to remain stable to explode. Or worse.

Likewise, the lights being changed from traditional torch sconces to LED panels might make certain potions not work - or even have different effects. Imagine a blood replenisher becoming a blood thinner because the light ingredient was different during brewing.

Then there’s the observation mirrors - there’d need to be at least two for each station, or the observer would see a clockwise stir when the actual stir was counter-clockwise, and vice-versa.

Then there’s the material of the workstations. There is probably a reason nobody uses stainless steel cauldrons, and spilling a potion on a stainless steel table might cause some unforseen side effects.
Potterhead0001 chapter 2 . 9/19/2023
okay, I'm loving it, and this is the first fanfiction I've read where someone footnoted another fanfiction, which is awesome, lol
redheadfaerie chapter 6 . 8/19/2023
I just have to mention this because every time it is mentioned it is breaking my brain... this story is set in 1975 and you are acting like 400 pounds a week is a middling or lower middle salary... it is not. not at all. versus 1998, when in the original books run it is 1900 pounds. in the year you write this, 2016, it would be 3019 and in the year I write this review, 2023, it is 4293. if in future writings you are going to set salaries of a non exorbitant amount set in the past, please use an inflation calculator... it just brought me right out of the story so hard. but that said, while I haven't left reviews, this is the third lone traveler story I have read, and will read the slytherin chronicles after this, and it is a fun series.
Kedavra Lumos chapter 27 . 6/14/2023
A very nice one ... don't know how I missed this in the past. Thank you!
Incantations7 chapter 27 . 6/3/2023
For a change, I was actually surprised to find out that I was on the last chapter, and I salute you for that!
Incantations7 chapter 23 . 6/3/2023
I can actually completely see, in my head, a much younger Queen going from full on hardass to a beautiful smile in a heartbeat…
SunPho3n1x chapter 27 . 6/2/2023
Such a great story! I love it every time I read it. Thank you for writing this
Plumalchemyst chapter 27 . 4/22/2023
Loved this story
ThunderSphinx chapter 11 . 3/17/2023
Remember that Snape hated Muggles before he ever came to Hogwarts, and that hung out with Death Eaters, practiced the Dark Arts, and insulted any and all Muggleborns not named 'Lily Evans.' Snape's pensieve memories match up with what Sirius told the trio. He even called what Mulciber did to Mary MacDonald "just having a laugh."

Lily kept looking the other way, giving him numerous passes and chances, hoping her old friend would change for the better. But he got worse. Like she said outside the Gryffindor Common Room, she should have called it off earlier. All of her closest friends still wondered why she still hung out with him.

As for the Marauders, we barely know anything about em, except for what Snape thimks of them. But has a bias. If only Harry had thought to ask the teachers, McGonagall, Flitwick, and Slughorn, for information on his parents.
HSkarsgard chapter 27 . 1/27/2023
What a fantastic story. I loved the LOTR interlude especially
asd chapter 10 . 8/18/2022
This whole pranking culture in HP is just so juvenile. Here it isn't that bad but in many ff's it's just so asinine that I can't read them. A prank is fine and funny, but when people dedicate most of their schoolyears to it and then encourage their successors/heirs/children to do the same it's just so counterproductive, alienating and childish I simply can't find it funny or even endearing.
1,277 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »