Reviews for What Makes a Hero
xFallenDemonx chapter 3 . 1/19/2019
First of all, I really like the concept of your OC not having a quirk! It's not often that I see a fanfiction that revolves around a quirkless OC! I'm also really enjoying the small notes of psychological analysis on the expressions and body language of the characters. Keep up the good work! :)
Silversun XD chapter 3 . 10/16/2017
this is awesome! please update when you can! XD
KiraKiraBluemoon chapter 3 . 7/22/2017
I'm loving this so far! The dialogues, the little notes of body language and expressions are fun to read! Your portrayal of Aizawa and Nedzu is amazing as well! Can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the characters! Looking forward for more! Cheers! X3
Morrowing chapter 3 . 1/13/2017
Quite interesting so far; certainly breaking the mold of the usual OC stories you see. Makes sense in-world too. I always found it odd they neglected psychology in UA of all places, it's even referenced recently in MHA that they failed with helping Bakugou with his issues, so having an analyst come in is reasonable especially with the traitor possibility. Keep it up!
Todolowkey chapter 1 . 1/13/2017
Your Oc is awesome, I like the concept that she's quirkless but instead of feeling inferior shes objective and believes that having a quirk doesnt make a person automatically better. It's nice because every other Oc in fanfictions has the most amazing quirk evaaar and is always special... Lol.
That said, I like your writing and I wouldnt change anything. Nucpheile (I probably spelled that wrong) - I think you should talk for yourself there buddy... Us "readers" are fine with how this story is written. Hope that didn't come off mean but you get my point...
Anyways yeah great story and cant wait for the next installment.
Nucleophile chapter 3 . 1/12/2017
Welcome back (if only partially)! Glad to see you intend to complete this.

As for the material, I really like where this is going, especially since the source material will probably never go in this direction. Dialogue is rock solid as always, and will only get better once the actual interviews begin.

A little suggestion in the way of technique moving forward:
Redundancy - not of word choice, but detail. Consider your quote:

'Either way, at least they're quiet.' She thought to herself, shrugging mentally.

This is a fine passage. It shows much about what kind of person Arisu is, and provides added consistency to her character. However, since you've already established italics with apostrophes as mental notes, are the ensuing tags necessary? To contrast, consider here, where you absolutely nailed it:

'Midoriya Izuku, was registered quirkless until last year, when he supposedly manifested it at age 14.'

She would lie if she said his case wasn't the most interesting. "

This passage accomplishes just as much as the previous example, but with less words and in way which allows the reader to connect the dots. Readers love connecting dots, even it's just little things like *omg! She's mentally noting this boy as the most interesting case!*

This concept can be applied to dialogue tags as well. Attaining the right level of detail is really hard to balance, so don't sweat it too much. That said, looking over the details for redundancy is a great place to start (it's killer for showing over telling, too!).

Great job and good luck with the next one.
-Nuke
insane panda hero chapter 3 . 1/10/2017
I can't wait for the next chapter, ok no, I'll wait
0Megane0 chapter 3 . 1/9/2017
YESSSSSS i thought this wasnt going to update anymore!
i should have read your profile...
Arisu is so chill i like her so much and I cant wait to see how she deals with the problem kids like Katsuki hahaha probably not gonna be pretty...
plus is it bad that i kinda.. kinda ship her with Aizawa? I mean they are so interesting together
Thanks for writing! Update soon!
insane panda hero chapter 2 . 11/9/2016
O.O it looks interesting...I will keep on eye in this story
I like the personality of your oc!
Nucleophile chapter 2 . 10/18/2016
You write a pretty spicy Aizawa yourself haha. Dialogue is good as usual, with 'the heels clicking down the hall' the best imagery I've seen from you yet. Also: the Ratatuoille zing really capitalized on Arisu's flavor. I can only imagine the zest fest we'll have when she finally catches Denki ;)

A couple minor suggestions:
- we all know Arisu's eyes are green, so be careful about overusing that reference.

- you do a great job of overlaying Arisu's thoughts with the scene, but sometimes the dialogue's flow feels a bit cluttered due to too much description and thoughts. It's a difficult line to toe, so just try to think about what's truly important during a given exchange. Once you do, don't lose sight of it when fleshing in minor details.

Nice job as usual and good luck with the next one!
-Nucleophile
0Megane0 chapter 2 . 10/16/2016
LMAOOO Arisu cracks me up!, her humor is on point! gj with that! you're a really good writer & this feels very in tune with the show like an extra chapter to the story *applause*
btw will we get to know more about her past? i'm interested! Update soon!
Nucleophile chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
Oh come now, we already know Denki's the traitor hehehe.

But actually, this looks like a fun little platform from which to springboard into character studies. Count me in. *settles into armchair*
0Megane0 chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Cool! like your oc so far and look forward to see how shes gonna interact with the main cast.! Update soon!