Reviews for Portrait
Guest chapter 8 . 7/4/2013
My land... THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL! This is one of THE BEST fanfics ( also one of the most moving) stories I have read in a LONG time. Keep writing!
Pip the invader chapter 8 . 3/4/2013
OMG I loved this! You did a AWESOME job! I was actually like, wow... WRITE MORE LOTR Fanfiction!
TheDeathChamber chapter 8 . 11/29/2010
Beautiful. Oh, just. This is so heartbreakingly lovely. What exquisite writing. Truly, truly marvelous.
Tia Paes chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
I'd just like to say that is my fourth time reading your story and every time I love it more. Finally, I decided to look up this portrait on the extended disks and all I can say is WOW. What a masterpiece. Thank you so much for this!
julie chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Really enjoyed your story, as I have enjoyed all of them. I just wanted to say though that the Alan Lee portrait of Frodo that you were describing in your Author's Note, is actually in the movie. No, unfortunately we didn't get a scene of Bilbo packing it to take to Rivendell-however, in the very beginning of FOTR, the extended edition-in the very first scene of Bilbo writing in the Red Book, Frodo's portrait is in the scattered papers on the desk. It's located in the upper left hand corner, almost under the book. It caught my eye and I paused my DVD and zoomed in-I believe it's the same picture you refer to.
AngieT chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
I have just discovered you. What a wonderful start to a story. I just love this opening chapter and am now off to read the rest of the story.

Lindelea1 chapter 7 . 1/8/2004
This is such a lovely story. I'm so glad you posted it! So many little touches that make it seem "real"...
Very nicely done.
ShireElf chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Oh cool! I love this story so far . . . I've found a good Frodo story! Yay! I'll shut up now and I will read more soon. :D
Gentle Hobbit chapter 8 . 12/19/2003
This is such a lovely story, Oselle. I read the first few chapters quite a while ago, and loved it then, so I was very happy to be able to both revisit it and also read the new material.
I love the way that you used both the portrait and other themes (eg. Frodo's encouraging words "So what is stopping you") throughout the chapters - and the way you wove them through time and place, uniting all the vastly different moods and events.
Wonderful.
Plot-bunnies-dancin-in-mah-head chapter 2 . 12/18/2003
let me say it-
aw
Ailsa Joy chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
Thank you. What a truly wonderful author you are to have written such a marvellous piece of work. Wow! And you made me cry! What a beautiful story. Thank you.
A.J x
shirebound chapter 8 . 12/17/2003
What a lovely finale, Oselle. This story is just stunning. I especially love the part in Chapter 7 where Sam is worried that, even though the Elves honor Frodo, maybe they don't love him like he and Bilbo do. And this ending is wonderful. What a great story!
Eileen Blazer chapter 8 . 12/15/2003
As I sit here and think about your story, it occurs to me that you don't have nearly as many reviews as you deserve. Portrait was a lovely, wonderful story, and the relationship between Frodo and Sam was so well done. I found the early chapters incredibly sweet, with young Sam perfectly endearing.
What I love especially is that you let us see the way Sam must've seen Frodo -with equal parts awe, adoration, and concern.
And, you make me feel that much better about the bittersweet ending Tolkien gave to us. I thank you for sharing your story; it was delightful. :)
GamgeeFest chapter 7 . 12/14/2003
"I should have made a list"
How very much like Sam. He's forever thinking of Frodo and his comfort. Too bad his dream couldn't come true though.
elwen chapter 6 . 12/14/2003
As usual . . . you have ripped my heart out and stomped on it!
I love the way you keep returning to the portrait and I don't mind the sudden jumps in time because you tie the events together so well.
One description that really stood out for me was the image in an earlier chapter of Sam wondering down the hallways of Rivendell but keeping to the wall because the space felt too wide for a hobbit. A very interesting thought.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »