Reviews for Child of the Seer
Chipster-roo chapter 17 . 1/30
This is a great chapter. It is really well-written.

Most of the story so far has been told from the point of view of either Leo or Chestnut. However, neither character appears in this chapter; instead it focuses mainly on Michael and Jason. It's nice to see some character development for them.

I have to agree with Flora about Jason: he is a jerk, but I also feel sorry for him. Unfortunately, not all brothers have a relationship like as Hazel and Fiver...

I like Cherry's introduction. She seems to be a rather interesting character and I hope to see more of her later on. And unfortunately, once again siblings don't get along, as Thorn and Burdock demonstrate. Hopefully Burdock will become a better rabbit as time goes on...

It's nice to see Michael put Hawkbit in his place.

This chapter also contains several funny scenes, such as the song at the beginning, and when Butterfly talks about being distracted by a butterfly.

I'm not sure exactly what that necklace is (since it's not the necklace of wisdom), but it will probably be important later on. I'll be looking forward to future updates.
florapaw chapter 17 . 1/27
Oof I love Jason's character so much. Like, he is egotistical and rude but I also feel sorry for him? Well, I didn't before, but this chapter made me feel terrible about his whole situation with being overshadowed by his brother. I hope the two get a happy ending!
Redwalllover28 chapter 17 . 1/27
I am happy to see this update! Well done. Continue the excellent work.
Chipster-roo chapter 16 . 10/27/2017
I was finally able to read the next two chapters. Overall, I liked them. Hopefully this review makes sense, I'm rather tired at the moment...

This was a good chapter. The scenes between Chestnut and Walnut are nice, especially when Chestnut talks about Fiver adopting Walnut. The dream with Fiver was especially great. The last part, with the stars, was rather confusing, but I suppose it will get explained later on.

This chapter provides answers to a few of my questions. The Path is an interesting concept. Forget-Me-Not has an interesting name, and it's interesting how Periwinkle was reused from the lost kitten of season 2. Unfortunately, it seems that so far, they had very little individual character development apart from Elderberry, Oaknut and River; hopefully we will learn more about everyone later on. I have a bad feeling about River, though, especially with the way he snapped at Oaknut...

The part with Oaknut and Chestnut was nice, along with that with Wallie and Chessie at the end. I really like the way Chestnut is portrayed throughout the chapter.

I'll be looking forward to future updates to this story and the first one of the series.
Chipster-roo chapter 14 . 10/22/2017
I'm busy in real life at the moment, so it may take a few days before I can read all three new chapters. However, I was able to read this one, and overall I liked it. I hope to read the other two as soon as possible.

It's interesting how Jason seems to be reverting back to his old nasty attitudes. Although, since he and Leo are not part of the same group, Leo won't have to suffer because of it.

I especially liked the scene with Blackberry. Unfortunately, she's staying behind at Watership Down, so it will probably be a while before she will be seen again...

There are also a few funny parts, such as Jason's reaction to the dangers of Pokémon Go, and Fiver confusing Leo and Silverweed.

The ending reminds me of The Market and Around the World. It's going to be interesting to see where the hrududil take everyone. Hopefully the missions will be successful.
X chapter 1 . 6/27/2017
To Faith...
You lost your parents?
I'm sorry about your loss.
I must know. I lost my dad at the age of 7.
On the bright side, just like your parents, my dad's in a better place.
Once again, my condolences.
Hang in there.
Chipster-roo chapter 13 . 6/4/2017
Real life can get annoying sometimes...sorry for the late review.

This is perhaps the darkest chapter so far in this story. I'm glad you still put a few jokes here and there.

All characters who appear in this chapter are your OCs. The way most of the new OCs are developed is interesting. It makes sense for Hawthorn, Iris and Tubular to look like Hazel, and Nettle like Bigwig, considering they are siblings.

The place of Rawfinn is described well, and sounds scary. The attitude of Larkspur and the others is a tragic reminder of the disastrous consequences false beliefs can have.

The new characters in the burrow where Chestnut and and Walnut are imprisoned seem interesting, especially Tiger-Lily and Zinnia (they don't get much character development yet though...) Unfortunately, many real life rabbits share Thumper's sad backstory. Also Cornstalk seems really nasty; I have a bad feeling about him.

The escape scene is well-written, and it's nice to see Chestnut is a good digger. I wonder what happened to all the others, besides Chestnut and Walnut. I hope the Rawfinn owsla won't eat them and drink their blood...

I'll be looking forward to the next chapters.
Chipster-roo chapter 12 . 4/20/2017
I really liked this chapter.

I like the first scene with Bark, it's nice to see her briefly appear. Although what she saw with Larkspur chasing Chestnut, is rather worrying...

I rather like the rabbits you put for each group. It's probably going to be very interesting to read about their journey, especially for the first two groups.

The scene with Fiver and Hawkbit is great. Hawkbit has been a jerk so many times in the series, it's nice to see him getting criticized for it. While Fiver's outburst is totally justified, it's understandable that he feels bad about it afterwards, considering his sweet and kind nature. The next scene, with Hazel comforting him, is well-written.

I liked the scene with Silverweed, and Rosie's speech was thought-provoking.

The final scene, with Fiver and Snowflake, is really nice, and I'm glad to see Snowflake again. Hopefully there will be some occasional scenes set at the Down, showing how Snowflake, Blackberry and the others who stayed behind are doing.

I'll be looking forward to future chapters.
X chapter 12 . 4/20/2017
That good-for-nothing Larkspur.
She really had some nerve kidnapping Chestnut with her.
Let's hope she gets her just desserts.
That, and I really wish that Leo takes his brother Jason along with him.
I mean, Leo is responsible for Jason after all, since Leo's bigger brother.
Faith chapter 11 . 4/6/2017
Excellent chapter. And we should always remember those who have passed. I lost my parents mother 10 years ago, father 3 years ago. Love the chapter and emoticons, update soon.
X chapter 11 . 3/30/2017
I can tell you guys already... something is definitely up with that Larkspur lady.
I have a slight feeling she's be the bad guy in this here fanfiction.
If so, then whatever she's planning, she won't get away it.

Great story, by the way, Fox Teen. Keep up the good work.
Chipster-roo chapter 7 . 3/10/2017
Yay new chapter! I already reviewed chapter 11 when it was an author's note, so I'm posting this review for chapter 7 instead.

"SonicDawnrah"'s pranks, with his nasty uncle as the victim, are really funny, especially "Daddy Issues" and "'Priceless' Arrest". I also like the brief description's of Michael's backstory, it makes his character more interesting. The scene with Bigwig and Blackavar was also funny.

I don't know what to make of the hrududu just yet. It will probably be important later on, but for now, it's rather worrying.

The scene with Fiver and Chestnut was well-written, and the interactions between the two are nice (I would like to see more of Snowflake though). Then, there is the scene of Carnation's death, which was handled well; the scene with everyone's reactions is well-written and sad.

The chapter ends with the scene with Larkspur and Chestnut. It is well-written, and it's sad to see Chestnut feel this way (with Larkspur making him feel worse). I like the descriptions of all the past events he sees. And that last sentence...maybe Carnation isn't really dead?

Thanks for the brief message about John Hurt...I appreciate you put it. It's sad, especially since it happened just one month after Richard Adams' death...

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Faith chapter 11 . 2/3/2017
Well I hope you update this story soon. But I must say your improvements on necklace of wisdom are good. But does that mean you're going to rewrite some of the power of love also? Either way you are a good writer and I enjoy your stories. The only reason why I don't fave is that I am not a fanfiction member. But consider my reviews my way of favoriting.
Chipster-roo chapter 11 . 2/2/2017
I understand that you're busy in real life. But I'm sorry that you've been facing problems; I hope that will improve, and your grandfather will get better.

I'll be looking forward to future chapters in this fic, as well as The Necklace of Wisdom.
Chipster-roo chapter 10 . 12/27/2016
This was a good chapter. Chestnut's interactions with Dandelion throughout the chapter are really cute.

We get another scene with Larkspur, and she sounds even worse than in the previous chapter. But then, Gooseberry at first seemed to be just a jerk until until he revealed his murderous intentions. Let's see how low Larkspur will sink...

The scene with Blackberry was predictably my favourite in the chapter. It's funny how Leo finds himself in a similar situation as in the first story, attempting to explain human concepts. Leo II's brief appearance is cute. But the three gashes under Blackberry's chin are rather worrying; they're probably quite recent, since Leo (I) didn't notice them previously.

Cynthia seems to be the only one believing Daffodil's exploits. This is really worrying. She's going to get hurt at some point if this goes on.

Dandelion's story about Lilypad is short but well-written, and has an interesting message about not clinging on to past mistakes, and making the best of the future.

Then, Chestnut has another nightmare. This one isn't as scary as the previous one, but it is more mysterious: who is this rabbit sentenced to death, and why is he anorexic? Either way, what comes afterwards is funny.

Also, thank you for putting that short notice and message at the end. This is really sad...