Reviews for Tell it to the Marines
Hey is there an update happening in the new future? I read this story awhile ago and I’m getting ready for my second reread. I love this story so much Riskua is an amazing character. I can’t wait to see what changes she’ll bring as apart of the story. Hopefully by the time I’ve finished reading the story again they’ll be another chapter to read :D.
SweetLights chapter 55 . 7/14
Hello! A friend, I guess you could say (they’re also a fellow fanfic writer), suggested this to me saying that it’s good and that it helped inspire their story. I decided to check it out, and after a couple of days, I’ve managed to finish what you’ve written so far. Quite a binge read.

Anyway, I agree that this is good. It was actually a bit tough for me to go through the first half, to be honest. This is not helpful feedback whatsoever, but I remember being really confused after the first chapter, though I don't remember why— hence this not being helpful. A few more chapters in and I found that while your portrayal of the major characters pretty good, Luffy seemed a bit off. He seemed smidge too stupid, which led to him being a bit annoying. And for awhile, with Riskua babying him and taking care of the others like a mother, it made her seem like a nanny. Kind of a shame considering her background. On a side note, I was iffy about Makino and Shanks, but I mean, it’s a bit hinted, or theorized, in canon so oh well.

Your writing kept me reading, though, it just so smooth; few grammatical mistakes, the flow of the dialogue is, also, great, detailed, but not too much— it was easy to follow the majority of the time. Another thing: I liked the change that I saw with the characters, mostly Riskua. I could see her struggles and how she slowly became her own person. So good job for that; I take back some of my criticism from the paragraph above about her. Not much could be said about Luffy, though. I especially loved how you developed Sabo and Riskua’s relationship. While I like Ace and Riskua as, possibly, a couple, just because I think that they’re adorable so far, I think Sabo and Riskua’s best friend relationship is gold. Absolute gold. I just love it. So far, in my opinion, their best friend, and no more, please, relationship is the highlight of this story. I think this story made me appreciate Sabo a lot more. I really love Sabo now xD.

I was a bit mad when Riskua got her “first” bounty, though, since it was lower than her previous one. That was until I realized they did know that she’s the Purple Lady. That part was a bit disappointing; I’m pretty bias when it comes to OC’s, so don’t mind me ranting about that. I don’t know what else to say. Ohhh! In the recent chapters, with Ace lying, it got me curious to what you’ll have Riskua do around the Impel Down/Battle of Marineford arc. It’s definitely my favorite arc of the series. How will she react when she realizes Ace lied? Will she charge Impel Down with Luffy? Will she take Luffy/Ace’s hit? Will Ace die? I remember you saying something about how you wanted her to take the hit but then changed your mind about it, I think, so I really curious. Ace’s death made me sob so I really hope I don’t end up with red, puffy eyes and a wet pillow again. Though, at this point, any of the main characters’ death would have me sobbing; I get too attached- really need to do something else with my life.

Anyway, keep up the good work. You haven’t updated in a while, which is worrying, but hopefully everything is going okay in your life, or will smooth out soon. Can’t wait for the next chapter!

P.S. sorry for this long ass review. i just couldn’t help myself.
MagicianKitsune chapter 55 . 7/11
when will be the next update?
Orihime-San chapter 55 . 7/10
so far … THIS STORY IS FUCKING AWESOME!
CANT WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTER!
KEEP ON WRITING!
Monkey D. Chimera chapter 35 . 7/8
When Law tried to take clothes off I started screaming, "BAD TOUCH! BAD TOUCH!"
Still though, that was sudden.
Scarlet Silvers chapter 55 . 7/7
I still love this story to death! Life can be exhausting sometimes for sure, but there’s still people here who can’t wait to read the next chapter whenever you have the time to write it! You have a way with words
Guest666-69 chapter 11 . 7/6
I've been pronouncing Riskua's name in my head as 'Rih-Squaw'. Oops lol.
kitsunells chapter 24 . 7/3
Sabo is such a troll i love it n i love him thank u so much
kitsunells chapter 17 . 7/2
omg i think i know who it is. i think its Dragon this is about the time (in a couple days) the grey terminal is burn n Sabo sails away is burned n Dragon finds him
kitsunells chapter 13 . 7/2
yeah i pick out names for my future kids boys Isiah n Jeremiah girls Katie (named after my grandmother) n Kaya
kitsunells chapter 10 . 7/1
I've been really loving ur writing i just recently found ur work n have been hooked ever since thank u for creating such a relatable person when creating Riskua she kind, smart, n her acts make a lot of sense n i'm so happy Sabo is w/ them now i am so sad when thinking about that Ace never know his other brother was still alive. Thank u for all the work u put into creating this story n i hope i can find other authors whose work i love as much as i do urs.
KoreanMusicFan chapter 55 . 7/1
what's going to happen to Ace?
MagicianKitsune chapter 1 . 7/1
description reminds me of Rindo Kobayashi
kitsunells chapter 3 . 6/30
Shanks n Riskua moments r so cute even though her mama is going to die I hope she n Luffy have a lot of fun adventures together. I wonder what Garp is going to think of her n if he'll have the bandits raise her too along w/ the ASL brothers (although they technically didn't raise Sabo)
coduss chapter 32 . 6/29
just saying, Riskua should totally send Whitebeard some of Ace's baby pictures. not sure how she WOULD, but she totally should
3,669 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »