Reviews for Spider-Man: Year One
TheTypingAvocado chapter 24 . 6/3/2020
I love how Liz & Peter's relationship progressed! Well done.
TheTypingAvocado chapter 8 . 6/3/2020
Rand is my favorite jock... Nice dude
SoundVenom chapter 24 . 5/21/2020
Interesting good stuff
kaffeenator666 chapter 24 . 9/27/2019
So I just read through your this piece of fiction and I have to say that I'm somewhat disappointed in myself for not finding this very solid story before. What's even more interesting is that this is a Peter/Liz fic which I haven't really encountered that often on this site, nor fullfied into a relationship like that. I'm happy that you choose not to incorporate the death of uncle Ben. I'm sick of it and can't stand to read the beginning again and again and again. Also your choice in having a younger Aunt may is a very fine choice because it's the same with her like with uncle Ben. I like your approach on both Eddie and Harry. Both are very good friends of Peter, which makes it even more tragic how fate plays them both against Peter down the road. A lot of writers forget what was before, and often just see them as wolf's in sheepclothing. I also loved how you handled Shocker. A bit too powerful in my opinion, but he implies the lesson that Peter needed to lern so that he could become a greater hero. His approach to certain things, as well as his mindset made him to the most interesting character of this fic. Also your different approach to characters like Felicia or Liz was interesting. How you made her presence minimal to asure that you don't have to deal with the "Cat-Spider" debacle later down the road is a fresh new idea, esspecialy her role as Eddie's Boyfriend. I'm open to new ideas, and as long as it fits into the story, I don't mind them (even if it's as weird as pairing Felica and Eddie together lol). Your grammar was pleasant and your story made sense, furthermore your established characters were in character. I personally found Liz a bit too soft with Peter at the beginning, as well as a bit too easy how fast she fell in love with Peter. Also I missed her inner conflict between popularity and honest love with peter. The approach of her secretly hating the incrowd life is somewhat risky, simply because it's too good to be true. That made the whole romance a bit to clichée for me, but that's just my personal taste on that matter.
Oh and this goes to reviewer below me named "TruthWLizPeter":
I give your credit for finding(or calling) the romance a bit to clichée, but every thing else just oozes of simple minded reviewer who doesn't get the concept of Fanfiction. This is not the main 616 continuity meaning that the arguments you listed are invalid. We don't know if Eddie will ever even get the Symbiot and if Felicia was raped. She was just probably some rich stuck up girl who decided to date the star player of the school. It really hurts my eyes when fools like you decide to write reviews that don't even have any ounce of professionalism. Furthermore, your dismissive nature shows me how arrogant you are.

Anyway I hope to read more from you, until then take care

~kaffeenator
SoundVenom chapter 23 . 6/23/2019
That was interesting development indeed.
TruthWLizPeter chapter 2 . 5/30/2019
I liked the story it had the potential but I stopped reading by the 2nd Chapter you need to have good analyzing skills otherwise you're going to read a lot of crap. And I will waver your opinions, thoughts on this story. 3 Reasons: 1) Peter's character is being The Amazing Spider-Man as well as being himself so far it was good. However I know that the author will change Parker from being the Peter we all know and love to an OOC - Character Out of Character. And into an Alternative Original Character by the end of Year One but let's shorten it to an OC Peter Parker. Because you have to change his opinion on Liz. However there is a line you cross when you change a character to something else. The other one the way that you should have done is slightly changing the protagonist but skill keeping the protagonist himself/herself. 2) Liz Allen the first time and last time I will read this Liz Allen. She is a slut, whore, bitch, who will get anything she wants and having no regard to the people who helped her just like canon. She demanded Parker for tutoring her but when Peter uses his backbone she shows us what she actually is. Also the author will have to change Liz Allen to at least a likeable good person and role model for the viewers, but since I have seen what she actually is I won't need to read any further when I have an educated guess as what will come some very cheesy cliche bullshit will arrive in the next few chapters. 3) Felicia Hardy - The Black Cat the author paired her with Brock. The Venom it doesn't matter if he isn't the Venom of this world. The whole fucking world knows who the first Venom is and on what makes the 1st so special plus his morals. Venom's morals simple as I can get it if your not his enemies he won't bother you. However Venom will attack you even if you're a civilian if you keep bothering him. Ex: The Police remember they're still civilians and cops. Back on Hardy she was raped in her past leading and making her into The Black Cat. She being paired with Venom is for Felicia thanking her rapist for what he did to Felicia. Including on the fact that she wanted to kill her rapist and previous battles against Venom in Canon. Also remember Venom's moral code is closer to Carnage's one the only difference is that Venom won't attack the innocent unless they bother him too much. Felicia's moral code is similar to Spidey's except for the responsibility, being a hero almost every time, and etc. Those 3 Reasons is the answer for never reading this bullshit again.
ScarecrowReaper chapter 22 . 4/16/2019
Looks spiderman in for another headache hope everything works out.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/24/2018
Can't wait for the sequel keep up the good work.
SupernalGodzilla chapter 24 . 10/21/2018
The chess pieces begin to move. Harry moving away, Fisk is making his bid, and Dr Octavius hired for a secret project.

The Peter X Liz moment was adorable and smart. It's good for Peter to be told that even though not everything went according to plan, the positives that he did outweigh the negatives.

Well, I've loved this story from start to finish. Can't wait for Year Two.
Joker Army chapter 24 . 10/19/2018
Thanks for the final update to end the year one. Please post an update on here to just say when the new story is out. I’d hate to miss the sequel
cornholio4 chapter 24 . 10/17/2018
Enjoyed the story
Mezazra chapter 24 . 10/17/2018
You're cool and this chapter was great. Excellent use of Netflix Kingpin and Wesley if that's what you're going for.
fivefootthreeinches chapter 23 . 10/17/2018
Damn, there was a period where I thought this might not get finished lol. Amazing story, fully enjoyed it front to back. Looking forward to that sequel!
fivefootthreeinches chapter 24 . 10/17/2018
D
solidsnake45 chapter 24 . 10/17/2018
can't wait for the sequel