Reviews for Another Time
Whisper probs signing in chapter 20 . 3/13/2003
I have had major problems with this week, I haven't been able to read chapter 20 for ages, but now i can(yay!). There appears to absolutely no awkwardness between Albus and Minerva after their kiss, which i find strange, physical contact is still initiated by Albus and Minerva remains remarkedly unembarrassed by being rejected. Still, taking into account their situation we can expect those sort of problems to come up later after the emergency has passed . right? It would be fun after all (yep i'm now all for some angst, a whole lot of it!).

Glad that you missed out the whole scene where Albus and Krohn somehow send Grindelwald (sounds like some sort of toast actually) to the demon realm, since can't handle the (poss boring)details that it would require. Is Grindelwald really a town/city/county? Wouldn't that be strange! Do you by any chance live in 'Voldemort'?

Nice touch, made me grin anyway, making Moody a 'young and handsome Ministry Auror', knowing as we do how ugly and scarred he's gonna end up ;-).

Don't actually find AD/MM fics where wedding bells and bouncing babes number, particulary good, they just don't seem very realistic, probably because they don't seem to fit in at all with canon. However I have read some very good fics where they've either fallen in love or been in love, I think it takes careful tweaking so that they don't become extremely OOC (Mary Sue). I have every confidence that you could manage such a feat though, and look forward to your future attempts! For now though, I enjoy the angst, lol. Great chapter (and look, one more!), ~Whisper~
Helna chapter 21 . 3/13/2003
A little bit of angst to top it off!
iwasateenager chapter 20 . 3/12/2003
.wow. Just. wow.
Sanguine Quill chapter 20 . 3/12/2003
Sorry I haven't reviewed in awhile. I've been reading this religiously, though. It's a wonderful fic. It's difficult to write long fanfic stories with solid, original plots and deep characters (at least for me), but you've really mastered it. Great job!

I love how Minerva wants to remain strong, at least in front of Dumbledore, even though she's really very upset on the inside. That's really true to her character. And the way Dumbledore understands exactly what she's going through is fantastic. I can just picture the way his eyes are when he looks at her. I can hardly wait for the next chapter!

Thanks for writing!
Serenity Raye chapter 20 . 3/11/2003
Opps! You updated so quick, that I didn't get to review the last chapter! Ahh well here's a two chapter review. First, horray for the kiss! It was so sweet, I think you gave me cavities! I'm so upset knowing she's going to forget it though! I like the bit about Grindelwald's voice, and the fact Dumbledore is ALL powerful. Minerva's role was well done I think, she wouldn't really be able to do as much as Dumbledore, but she helped just enough. Not to sound evil or anything, but I liked the Crucio, I do enjoy a bit of suffering on the characters parts.

On this chapter, I'm not sure about your Moody. Did Minerva have a problem with him in the book? I kinda like the man, well I guess I would, it wasn't really him, but still. About what Grindelwald said "your kind" does he mean just the "good" side or is he not human? I notice alot about evil returning and always being with us, I hope you don't give into the sappy muse and destory evil for all times. Please? I agree with Grindelwald that evil is always with us, and besides how can their be good without a balance? ! Minvera's thoughts about wanting to be brave for Albus and wanting him to be proud, and him already proud enough for life. That was SO lovely! I know this is just a AD/MM story, but I want to say here how great it is that each couple you write is distinct. I see alot of stories where every couple is just a carbon copy of the others, ignoring individual needs and differences. I really love seeing each couple develop in their own way. Beautiful!

Till next chapter! (Though if it's what you've been foreshadowing in the other stories, maybe I don't want to see)
Child-of-the-Dawn chapter 20 . 3/11/2003
*grin* Good, i like being right. LOL

This is scary for poor min. It's kinda hard for me too. I kinda like Quinn guy is a nut.
Metallicafangirl chapter 20 . 3/11/2003
Wow. I must say, you've gotten me to like AD/MM. An this one's really good. I love it.

I wish Sephiroth was here. Then I could let him take care of Grindelwald. Maybe slice him up a bit before sending him to the prison world. I don't like Grindelwald, it kinda shows, eh?
stoneygem chapter 20 . 3/11/2003
This was a great chapter. I've been following the fic through all chap's, but usually just don't know, what to say.

I like, how you describe, how Minerva and Albus see each other - even without the romance (allthough, I always look for the romance thing). Striving for each other's praise, even though there is no need.

Moody a Slytherin? .

Oh and, I defientiely like the rambling of Grindelwald. 'Evil doesn't die. It's immortal.' Ain't that the truth?

As for his accent: If he is from that canton in Switzerland, his language would be barely recognisable as German. I usually say (any Swiss here, forgive me please), it sounds as if the person has a veery sore throat. Or in other words: an interview on German TV with a German speaking swiss always has subtitles.
GEM8 chapter 19 . 3/10/2003
Wow, I've been silently reading this for a long time. I think it's time I open my mouth. What a wonderful story I just love your writing. Can't wait until the next chapter.
Metallicafangirl chapter 19 . 3/10/2003
I read Another World before I read this, and I loved it, so I thought I'd read this. I like the AD/MM relationship, and the storyline of this fic is very good.

I've read LOTR several times, and imidietly recognized the Saruman in Grindewald. I understand your fondness for villains, as I share it. My favourite villain is Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 , but Voldemort and Saruman are not far behind. However, my favourite "bad-guy" from HP is actually Severus Snape. Sure, Lucius Malfoy is evil and all, and Voldemort is the very model of an evil lord, but somehow Severus beat them both. Severus has the kind of evil you can relate to, the kind you can understand, because we have all been harassed or insulted before, and his sharp tounge hurts even if he is just a fictional character. *sigh* Why is life so unfair? Why can't Severus be alive and real? Anyway, I've rambled long enough. I'll just say I love the story, and be done with it.
Child-of-the-Dawn chapter 19 . 3/8/2003
aw. That's alright. The little kiss was good enough. _ When it said he reacted, did he begin to kiss her back? Just checking. _
Quillitch chapter 19 . 3/8/2003
I understand now why this story must go the way it does, but I really hope that in the future you might *possibly* decide to do another AD/MM fic, in a different 'universe' or timeline.

I enjoyed this chapter, but that means I pick at it more, so i apologise in advance for the usual ramblings of- myself.. ;-).

I liked the physical description of Grindelwald, the madness in his eyes etc, and the reference to his using of muggles as tools- which probably happened in the war. This sentence struck me particularly, 'An unholy light was in his eyes as he stepped away from his throne', unholy as in hellish and throne as in ruling king, it was very evocative, (I liked the sense of drama!).

I find it exceedingly doubtful that Grindelwald would not be 'attended' in his throne room, surely guards would be scattered about, for they do (did) love their leader with a fanatic devotion and would surely wish to protect him from any harm, just two rather foolhardy ones at the entrance seems unlikely. Especially for an organisation that has successfully run in a war torn society for so long.

You gave Grindelwald Saruman's power of persuasion in speech, a nice touch, and not unlikely, as well as an accent, although you didn't specify what type, Grindelwald does sound kind of German though.

Then when Minerva rams Dumbledore to awaken him from his stupor, , Grindelwald looses control, and you reflect that in the changing expression in his eyes. 'Course then the poor girl gets cruciatus cast upon her, I could almost feel her pain, that was really well described.

It was certainly clever of her to join her disarming spell with Albus', if she hadn't then things probably would have been a lot different and more drawn out.

Oh and now my favourite bit! The kiss! I feel all girly and squealy *laughs*, how teriby sad! The whole lack of twinkling eye thing was fab, after all, Albus D's eyes always twinkle, with the cessation of such a constant, it is entirely realistic that it would move her to do something so bold and forward (even for a Gryffindor). After suffering Crucio Minerva would be feeling weak and vulnerable and open to emotions normally kept hidden in everyday life, the whole thing would have a surrealistic quality, one supposes, due to it being far from the safety of Hogwarts and the life and experiences she had known before.

Am I rambling? Of course I am!

Anyway, it was great, especially because they didn't fall to snogging each other like sex crazed teenagers (arrgghh), but HEY Albus began to respond! Does that mean he feels romantically interested in her also?

I really hope you don't finish this fic on a too cringeworthy note, you'll leave me wincing randomly for days after if you do!

You're a great writer, so if you get a job, get one in journalism or some such, if you can wrangle one. Thanks for the update and jezzuz i do go on sometimes huh? ~Whisper~
lama chapter 19 . 3/8/2003
*chuckles* saruman? uh huh. anyways, nice chapter! and ANOTHER cliffie, with her kissing him n all.*sighs exasperatedly* i'm a little sick of cliffies morning. aah well. you'll update soon like a good little writer, non? bien sur! of course you will! *grins*

from,

lama & co.
iwasateenager chapter 18 . 3/7/2003
The phrase "mindblowingly good" comes to mind.
Helna chapter 19 . 3/7/2003
So the battle part has come and gone. And now a kiss? Tell me what does Albus think of this?
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »