Reviews for The Foundling
shouldbecleaning chapter 1 . 1/30/2019
Outstanding. Thank you
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 11/6/2016
Goodness gracious! I certainly didn't see the twist coming, but loved it. Thank you for sharing your imagination!
sujari6 chapter 1 . 11/1/2016
Lovely story. Beautifully written.
Sara aka Nikki Black chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
Wow! I loved it. I wasn't expecting Edward to be a ghost like Esme. I found it strange that Edward wasn't with Carlisle and James when Carlisle made the speech at the ball. What about when Bella went to dance with Edward, didn't anyone see her dancing by herself? I'm not sure about Mrs. Cope and her conversation with Esme, maybe she is clairvoyant. That's why Molly didn't see anyone in th garden when Bella saw Edward, I thought that he had left, but it was odd that no one ever mentioned Edward.
Good luck in the contest.
JenniferMariePattz chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
Loved this romantic The Sixth Sense type of twist. After reading the end, I just had to go back and read how well you made Edward seem real, but in fact made me realize Bella never met Edward until the night of the dance.
Loved it!
bornonhalloween chapter 1 . 10/28/2016
What a stunningly beautiful period piece. Your language is divine. Gorgeous entry!
xo
BOH
raa15473 chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Beautiful
midnitereader chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
I knew Esme was a ghost. Even the conversations she seemed to have with Mrs. Cope could have been those of an old woman contemplating on her thoughts. This was Bella's destiny. She was a foundling, someone who had no familial attachments, able to leave this earth without anyone mourning over her. I'm glad that Edward found his HEA with his love. I really thought he was alive having those conversations with James. But the lingering of his pipe smoke lingering in the rooms made me wonder. And the small windo0w he had that night in the gardens. He had to claim her before the night was over. Did he call to her from the garden knowing she would trip over the stone and end up lying dead at the bottom of the well as she ran to meet him? I think Mrs. Cope was araid of what would happen and hoped she would be gone from the estate in the morning safely on her way back to Cameron's
OhGeeFantasy chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
Thank you got your entry. Good luck in the contest.
Xo
Ohgeefantasy
Hadley Hemingway chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
Thanks for writing - good luck in the contest!
TheFadedLight chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
such a neat tale! loved it so. good luck!
tracyluvstwilight2010 chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
Enjoyed reading these story.
Good luck in the contest.
Happy Halloween!
ceceprincess1217 chapter 1 . 10/23/2016
wow! great job!
lovepotionsbrewer chapter 1 . 10/22/2016
Great Halloween story. I loved the descriptions of the setting and the beautiful clothes. I hope you get a chance to expand the ending after the contest, because that was a bit rushed and hard to follow. But, definitely one of the strongest entries.
asam75 chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
I loved it...and it brought tears to my eyes...thanks. There is the underlying sense that as a servant Bella wasn't suitable for the heir to the plantation. But dead, she's perfect for the son of the owner. I recognized the ghost element of the story and knew where it was headed, but her death was tragic and I know she will be missed.