Reviews for The Whole World Blind
John Smith chapter 1 . 10/10
Beautiful job on this! I found it on Bellamy Taft's tumblr, and I'm so glad you wrote it! Poor Ryou... ugh. I'm actually scared to read Shattered because of this. Really scared. The characters have already been broken so much that, even if they do get free when they do, they'll be broken like Ryou. Him worse than the others, I'm sure. The one whose experienced the most trauma in life other than Ryou is Seto, but he has Mokuba.

You wrote this in such a haunting and beautiful way. Really enjoyed the read, even if it was painful as heck to read through. Poor, poor Ryou. I'm glad he's seeking out closure, even if it's through nightmares and struggles. I wish his father could support him more. I hope he connects back with the others to try to survive this. Great job with the imagery, the pain, the emotions, the tone, just great. Great job!
bunnychu15 chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Oh wow. This is a fitting follow-up to Bellamy Taft's "Glass." This was well-done, in character for both Bakura and Pegasus.

Considering she was Pegasus' other "favorite prisoner," I'd be interested to see a commentary from Tea as well (what Pegasus put her through other than the obvious, what her nightmares about the incident were, etc.)
Bellamy Taft chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
You had me at "phantom pain."

Okay. You had me at "Glass epilogue," but still, I feel like Phantom Pains would be the title for anything that came after. That mini series? Phantom Pains.

I can't believe I didn't see that ending coming. I'm rereading it and it set up so well throughout this whole thing. And selling Cecelia's portraits? What a beautiful detail that is so echoingly sad.

I can't believe I never thought about Ryou wanting to write letters while he was locked up. That was perfect. Losing his hands wasn't just losing his independence, but his ability to do the one thing he always found comfort in, the compulsion to write to his sister-gone.

Girl. All those apologies Ryou doesn't deserve to have to give. How did Pegasus turn things around so much that Ryou and the others felt they were required to apologize to a nightmare?

"Though Ryou doubted he nourished anything."

I just reread the ending and I'm bouncing again. And again. Why are you so good at this?

I'm just babbling because you've left me speechless and and this is just absolutely perfect. You've done this beautiful thing and I don't even have the words to do it justice.

lalalei chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
Wow. This was INCREDIBLE. I can't say enough words about how much I love this! Poor Ryou! And poor Amane D: The thought of Pegasus being the only one to listen and let him write made my heart ache so badly. I like how we got closure in the burial, but I doubt Ryou would ever really move on from this even when he did realize :( I wonder if he still kept in contact with Yugi and co. Was there a significance to Pegasus's imagined eye color?