Reviews for MARS: a motion picture screenplay
JnBer chapter 4 . 12/22/2004
HEY I LOVE THIS STORy...just wanna say keep on updating...great stuf here!
Ko-Mo chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Dude I love this story and the idea for it being a movie but I have one problem.

IT'S REI, NOT LEO. Maybe it's just me, but changing the names to be more "american" just alienates the people who READ MARS. This should be for the people who read MARS, not just for people who don't. After all who ends up reading this? FANS OF MARS.

Leo, Arron, Hanna- what the hell? No offense but they don't fit that characters- it's out of place, and there is no reasont to change any of these characters names. Who the hell cares if 'americans' can pronounce them or not? I'm american and I have no problem pronoucing Rei or Harumi, or any other charcters name. And to change it for that simple fact alone is just pointless. And to add insult to injury you said americans are 'stubborn and ignorant'. Not every american is that way and I don't tihnk it's fair that you say that.

Sorry, I just felt like ranting.

~Ko-mo
ccscutieanimes chapter 4 . 5/4/2004
yah, ur story rules, it's so good, although it is the same( almost) as the old one but, it is still very good, i'm waiting for more!
thx
danniesonna chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
I'm stilltrying to think of a good actress for Kira. . . Orlando would be perfect for Rei, though. I LOVE your story; I've always wanted to see MARS as a movie. You're on my favorites list!
frogfroggy5 chapter 4 . 3/31/2004
wow! this is the best story ever! ya have to do more! plz update! :)
Kortnee chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
who the hay is LEO?
tree chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
I like it. I'm kind of sad because of the changed names. Like Rei. :( Oh! and Karen calls him Rei instead of Leo. I guess I don't really care about the other names, cuz I can't even remember them, all I can remember is Rei and Tatsuya (?) and Kira and Masao and...yeah, i guess I do remmber lots. But I'm happy that you kept the part when Rei kisses Mars. I was really afraid that you were gonna change that part. I think that if it were to be an actual film, then it would be awesome. the scenes and shots you have are really cool. Good job. Peace!
MeEh-MaAh chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
what have u done to their hot japanese names naming REI remember who he is? ugh! its a good fic tho! i like japanese name better than american but im not a racist! whatever like it a little tho!
poet-dreamer chapter 1 . 10/23/2003
Ouch! A little harsh on Americans there are we... I know what your getting at though, some of us are totally like that, but not all. Personally, if I were you I would have Americanized the Japanese names (for example "Rei" could become "Ray" because a lot of Americans use that pronouncation anyway). Anyway, kudos for the otherwise cool screenplay, it's kind of fun guessing who's who. You're a really great writer, please keep up the good work.
DarkPyroPlanet chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I've only read the first chapter and this fic is already one of my favorites. As to other actors, I havn't come up with any except instead of Orlando Bloom for Rei/Leo, instead you could do like a blonde Heathe Ledger(from A Knight's Tale and 10 Things I Hate About You. I kinda resent u calling Americans ignorant and stubborn, but in a way, it's true. I guess we just don't like change. But me, I'm different, I wuldn't have minded you keeping the original names. O, the girl Hanna, is she supposed to be Harumi?(I figured the others out on my own, heehee.) I hope you write more fics similar to this in the future.(Although it would be kinda weird to see an Inu-Yasha movie with real people...) A Marmalade Boy fic like this would be really cool. OH, i just thought of someone u might be able to use for Tatsuya/AAron, you know the guy who plays Simon on 7th Heaven? An all blonde or all brunet version of him might work...anyway, keep posting/updating and if its not too much trouble, can u give me the names of any other fics you've written/or are going to write? thx a lot. ;o)

-Darkest Pyro
InuyashaHeartbroken chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
that was so cool! - I'll try to read the rest later. Thanks for writing it! - I can't wait! I wished they could make a mars movie..
Dark Manifest chapter 4 . 7/8/2003
The film shots sound as if they'd be very artistic, not too Americanized at all. I think you did a good job adjusting scenes to fit a screenplay and capturing the book in a motion-picture sense. Great fic.
amanda chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
I just started it but I have a question. Why did you change Rei's name to Leo? You could have americanized it by just changing the spelling to Ray
Jessymama chapter 4 . 5/20/2003
Good idea for the movie. I don't like the voice over parts though. It doesn't seem to fit in with a movie. I think it would be better if it just stuck to dialogue and silent moments where the voice over is. The actors would just act as though they are thinking. In some parts the voice over works, but not all.
Mars Fan chapter 1 . 5/20/2003
I really luv this but I don't like the name changes! I really think u hould push for this to be a movie I'd be the first person to go see it! this is really good.