Reviews for The Saddest Are These
Phant0m5 chapter 1 . 13h
So, the entire Normandy crew got a medical examination right?

Pre-Starfleet Earth fought a war over genetic engineering, and Khan pretty definitively showed why... and all Alliance personnel get standardized military gene mods and some cybernetics. They're tougher, stronger, faster, and smarter (or at least faster thinking) than human civilians, who themselves *also* have access to any number of commercial gene mods and cybernetics. In fact, the only legal limit the Alliance ever put on human upgrades was "don't add something that wasn't there already". So no night vision or implanted air filters, etcetera. But in every basic sense, Mass Effect humans are just... better, than their un-augmented counterparts.

So, back to that crew-wide medical exam. Exactly how thorough were the scans? And how toghtly has Starfleet clung to its anti-augment mentality?
seabo76 chapter 2 . 2/19
Interesting crossover...
tempetepapillon chapter 2 . 2/19
I'm so very intrigued it's ridiculous. Your writing style is mature and reads fluently despite the odd word repetition-syndrome. The pace looks natural and I like how typically trusting the DS9 crew are (They are prime timeline Star Fleet after all) and how one can at least assume a paragon shep just by her reactions to Sisko. Could the wonder and suspicion be more fleshed out? Maybe. Could you have inserted more sci-fi procedures about contamination issues, alien physiology, etc? Sure, but I think this level of detail works rather well at the moment. I personally hope you take your time and let us see long interactions between the two senior crews, I would especially look forward to O'Brien-Tali/Adams, Liara-Dax and Bashir-Chackwas. Overall I'm VERY happy you seem to continue and this is not dead, like so many other crossovers, especially with older franchises. Thank you for writing.
frankieu chapter 2 . 2/19
interesting start of the story looking forward to more
RedShirt047 chapter 1 . 2/6
Good to see this story is being revived.
I wonder how events will differ from the original.

Also a bit curious about that comment Sisko made about the Normandy's engines. While her antiproton annihilation based sublight thrusters and her gravimetric-based Tantalus drive are impressive in their own universe (if a bit confusing as to how the latter can be stealth as it creates a massive gravitational anomaly in front of the ship that anyone with even a modern day equipment could detect at range), they aren't exactly impressive by Federation standards.

Then again, he did only say that they *look* powerful.
rspendragon chapter 4 . 11/21/2017
are you still continuing this story I hope so. please let me know so I don't get my hopes up
Guest chapter 4 . 6/24/2017
Please tell me you're not going to make it so that Mass Effect science stops working in Star Trek's universe. That makes everything meaningless.
Darkcrest27 chapter 4 . 4/29/2017
very interesting so far I hope you continue with the story
RedShirt047 chapter 3 . 10/26/2016
Can't wait for the next one.

Or to see how you deal with the two groups differing opinions on genetic modification (among other things)
rspendragon1 chapter 2 . 10/25/2016
Dam good story keep up the good work!
RedShirt047 chapter 2 . 10/25/2016
So far so good. Can't wait to see how you handle the massive tech and cultural differences.
TheCatThatCameBack chapter 1 . 10/22/2016
Nice starting chapter, I wanna read more of this :)