Reviews for Memoirs of the Holy War (Archive)
The Incredible Muffin chapter 2 . 11/3/2016
Great chapter! It's really interesting to see things from the perspective of a healer who has to remain behind.
quickquantumquasar chapter 1 . 10/27/2016
Dang it! Now I have to play through FE5. I have work to do, I don't have time for this!
In all honesty, I dragged my feet with checking this first chapter because I don't know the story behind it. Therefore, I believe it says a great deal about the quality of your writing when I say that FE5 has now jumped to the top of my 'to-play' list. Don't get me wrong: Tactician's Testimony is still my favorite (because FE7 is best FE), but this at least looks plenty good enough to follow.
First impressions are (obviously) good, and I'm looking forward to seeing just how this kind of story is told from the perspective of a healer. I mean, Irene's sorta/kinda a healer, but she's primarily a tactician with healing being more of a character trait than anything else.
If I could get one question answered though, with minimal spoilers: Is the POV character of the second arc Alica's child in the same manner that Irene is Katri's (i.e.: taking up the mother's legacy and becoming more from it while serving in the army for unrelated reasons and actively progressing the plot.) or someone else's child? I don't need many details, I'm really just curious about this one thing.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
A Genealogy retelling?

...

I'd better prepare for a LOT of filler...

Aside from that though, let me say something: STOP CREATING STORIES FASTER THAN I CAN READ THEM! It's really Erk-ing me!

Nice job with the Canon deviation, by the way. And while I do think that some of the official name localizations are okay, others... not so much. What I am relieved about, however, is you choosing to use Arvis. It just sounds more fitting than Alvis, and besides, whenever I hear that name my brain immediately defaults to the Xenoblade character.

Anyhow, I gotta say, I'm interested in where this can go... and the possibilities of Alicia and Azel accidentally having a child... with that child able to use Valflame after looting it off of Arvis's sliced-and-diced corpse.
walkswithwheels chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
So you are writing an FE4 fic as well... When you mentioned a heal staff, I thought it would be from Aideen’s point of view... I was relieved to find out it wasn't, not because she's a bad character, but because she's so mellow it would be hard to make the war and action interesting using her… Not to mention she doesn't do anything during the game’s second half…

And I also like how you expanded on the Canon… Victor and his mistresses are a big part of the plot, but they're only ever mentioned in the background, so it's nice to see where they went. Not to mention that I've only seen one other fan fiction revolving around Victor's illegitimate children, and that one involved Hilda being one (although was very good, because it gave her reason for her power-hungry actions).

I also like how you put knowledge of little things in the game and there, such as the conversation about Oyfiey being an orphan, or that tiara… It really proves that you did your research on this game…

And I like how Alvis accidentally got Aida pregnant since he doesn't seem to be the type to womanize, yet we have Cyas… And interesting how Aida wanted to marry Alvis and he refused… If only he had known what would happen to him later, he would've probably taken the proposal…

And I'm curious, will you be including the substantive characters in this run? I'd be interested to see what roles they would play if you did…

And what sort of liberties, if any, are you taking with the story? I know that if you play your cards right, you can change certain events or spare certain people (thinking mainly of Liza and Ishtar, but also things such as the Cuan/Ethlin event at the end of the game’s first half being avoided). There's also a ton of other crazy things you can do (such as the Celice/Yuria pairing in the second half, having Ishtar kill Julius, having Areone fight Julius, enemies in your castle, males with the Prayer Sword, and having someone other than Shanan wielding the holy sword Balumg). Are you planning on doing anything like that, or are you doing some other liberties?

Judging by her other stories, I can see you changing some things around, or explaining things more in detail, but the question is, what.

Also, I wonder who Alicia will marry? To my knowledge, there were always be two males that are not paired by the end of the first generation, but the question is, which two will it be?
The Incredible Muffin chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
Okay, I really need to brush up on this game, because I feel a little lost; I swear I know half of these characters and events, but it's been so long that I don't remember. Even with that taken into account, I really like what you've got so far. The characters are, so far, very likable. Alicia in particular is really interesting, as a healer who tries to stay stoic, but still has the chance to express her emotions every now and then. I am so eager to see what happens next!
395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 17 24 25 26 27