Reviews for Memoirs of the Holy War (Archive)
BlueBlade87 chapter 69 . 12/1/2018
Okay I think I have all my thoughts together. I liked all the interactions and everything. Also Eda and El are dating, I really want to know how they got together, that'll be answered in another story so I can look forward to that. But I cant wait for more so keep up the good work.
Cyberchao X chapter 69 . 11/30/2018
Wow. Nice long chapter there; didn't expect it to last me through the whole day but it did. So much happened, including them starting to piece together Deirdre's parentage. And we've got more recruits, officially!
The Incredible Muffin chapter 69 . 11/30/2018
Wow, there is a LOT going on in this chapter. I approve! I don't know what it was, but the humor was on a whole different level with this chapter. Also, that speech when Riona and Mursili were talking to those troops? I was tearing up. It very much reminded me of the many speeches against terror, and it was very moving. Well done.
Cyber Emblem chapter 69 . 11/29/2018
Well, if I learned anything from this, I shouldn't even bother trying to predict what you are going to do. Good work, as always! Right now the big question in my mind is whether Ares and Lene are going to find out the truth about their families at the same time, or separately.
I envision it as Ares asking about it, and being sat in a room, with Riona gathering all the adults who were witnesses to Eldigan's death so they can explain it to him. Lene would be sitting next to him for emotional support. Then right after Ares gets that bombshell unloaded on him, SOMEONE spills the beans that they know who Lene really is. So she gets her own bombshell to deal with. Fun times to be had! It's probably not going to work out that way, but we'll see, I look forward to it!
A Bad Person chapter 69 . 11/29/2018
Wonder how the meeting between Ares and the likes of Seliph, Lachesis and Finn will go?
Cyberchao X chapter 68 . 11/16/2018
Wow, that was epic. A lot happened there. Julius acting very Galleing.
LuxBeacon chapter 68 . 11/16/2018
Now that you mention the capture mechanic it's only fitting that Reinhardt an FE5 character would be the one to do some capturing. Feel a bit bad about his arm and his lost sword, but at least he still has Dire Thunder. Anyway, Julius was scary as all hell, but I am glad Riona saw his true side at least once. Still though I do not envy her situation. The amount of stress she must've endured daily must've been immense. Also, surprise Arvis, he got the scolding of a lifetime. Also, Riona's next meeting with Ishtar is going to be so awkward (if they even see each other on the battlefield) after they kill Bloom. Also, Iuchar needs to start bonding more! Two of the Tirnanagog kids are his cousins, come on my guy! Also, the ending scene was perfect. Cannot wait for Riona to bond with all the new kids, Finn and then Lene and Ares when they finally join. Also, have Leif's entire army joined up with Seliph's now? I don't really remember how it goes.
BlueBlade87 chapter 68 . 11/16/2018
Okay this was good. I'm glad Finn is here and that family is all together. And so Rinoa learns at least a small part of the bigger mess that is going on. But I feel like Lach is going to know more about what's going on since she does have information from Gwyn, if any has survived that long. But I can't wait for more please keep it up.
The Incredible Muffin chapter 68 . 11/15/2018
Okay, there's a lot to unpack here, so I'll do my best.

First of all, Hilda (and to a lesser extent, Bloom) need to die. Julius legitimately scares me. Like, I think I'm going to have nightmares about this. However, that rant to Arvis made me happy, because he totally had it coming. Back to Julius. I'm sorry, Ishtar and Conall, but Julius cannot be saved. You are deceiving yourselves, and I hate it when characters do that. Someone needs to take them by the collective shoulders, shake them, and tell them to stop being idiots.

Is Shanan a ninja? Because I'm pretty sure he's a ninja. I am SO happy that Riona got away. Did she take Reinhardt's named sword? Because that's cool. That reunion scene was heartwarming. Actually, all of the reunions in this scene made me feel better. Thank you. Great chapter, and I look forward to seeing what happens next!
LuxBeacon chapter 67 . 11/15/2018
The god among men Reinhardt has taken the field and he's just as overpowering as expected. Glad to see Lana finally confessed though, I wonder how the rest of it will go.
LuxBeacon chapter 66 . 11/14/2018
A pretty badass final fight with Arthur and Ishtore on the roof. Also, the fight I'll politely call it against Liza, was... I felt pretty bad for them. The only damage they really dealt was really against Seliph who chose to tank the hit and Riona who was caught off guard trying to help. Alas, as Iuchar said, Liza overestimated their morals. I am so excited for them to meet Leif, Tine, Nanna and Finn. A lot of characters are about to join their merry band.
LuxBeacon chapter 65 . 11/14/2018
Glad to see Lene and Riona meet and flirt. Also, kudos to Riona for shutting down the burning like a badass and then immediately after tell Inanna how she killed a man, set his body on fire and pushed them out a window.
LuxBeacon chapter 64 . 11/13/2018
Lewyn is an ass just as expected, but I am glad everyone tells him off. A bit sad for Fee, but she can vent her aggression on the soldiers attacking the Leif gang. Surprising to see Aideen here, but she'll be useful for future interactions and just healing in general. Also, I gotta say, what Seliph did was pretty badass. Also, glad to see Lachesis isn't just a statue, her current condition isn't too good, but at least she's sentient. Also, Diarmuid after being without his family for years will soon get the whole thing, which I find pleasant.
Cyberchao X chapter 67 . 11/9/2018
I feel like I usually had Lene and Ares recruited before Tine? Nanna and Leif being recruited is no surprise because they get recruited well before they can actually meet up with the rest of the group-a major reason why I try to make sure that Nanna has Paragon one way or the other; she can easily get pretty close to promotion in this chapter, CAN get there if you're using an emulator with save states to allow her Arena experience. Again, I have to say that while I can't ship it for story purposes, Lex/Lachesis is a damn good, highly underrated pairing! Lex's amazing HP/Defense growths let Diarmuid and Nanna stay in the middle of the fray to grant Charisma bonuses, and NOT granting Pursuit naturally actually benefits Nanna by limiting how many times she can get attacked in one enemy phase. Gotta make sure no one else is competing with Diarmuid for the Pursuit Ring, but it's pretty good!

Actually, Lachesis is easily one where I find myself at odds with "conventional" wisdom. The conventional wisdom is to pair her with either Finn (which I like for story purposes, but hate because he can't pass down lances and gets stripped of his inventory) or Beowulf, largely because Beowulf can pass down A-ranked swords. Thing is, Charge is a double-edged sword. It's not like Pursuit or Adept. And for a frailer Nanna, that's a major risk, and it's not like Beowulf has Holy Blood. Given that bonus damage manifests as auto-crits in this game and crits are considered a skill, isn't Nihil a good skill for Lachesis's kids to inherit? Why isn't Alec the preferred Pursuit passer for Lachesis?
darkblade2814 chapter 67 . 11/7/2018
That was one mean cliffhanger
395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »