Reviews for The Decline and Fall of the Noldor in Middle-earth
Lydwina Marie chapter 1 . 4/26/2017
This was hilarious!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
This is amazing! I LOVED it! You are awesome. Please continue in your geekiness. I am a huge fan and follower :-)

Ellfine
katkat42 chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
V. nice! I salute your newly attained height of geekiness. (I came here via your link in the Archdruid Report comments, btw.)

I do wonder, though, if you're not underselling the elves' over-reliance on the powers of the Elven Rings. After all, when you can defend your realm using magic, it is very tempting to rely on that for defense, rather than go to the time and expense to train, equip, and maintain an effective fighting force. It is quite likely that Mirkwood outlasted Lothlorien in part because they maintained a higher degree of vigilance. Witness Thranduil's swift defensive reaction to Thorin's party intruding on their harvest festival, versus the fact that the Fellowship of the Ring was permitted to *cross a river* before they were ever challenged by the border guards in Lothlorien.

By the time the Rings lost their power, it's quite likely the Noldor had forgotten how to manage without them. Some areas, like Rivendell, managed to restore and/or re-invent enough of these basic skills to get by, although at a reduced quality of life. Others, like Lothlorien, gave up trying almost completely.

Just my little addition :-)
Laerthel chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
I love this so very much. Especially for its geekiness. I wish I could say something more useful, really, but I'm just very amused (and not to mention, amazed) at how cool this is. One of my favorite things are the reference list and the inner references within the text; it makes the whole article resembling to a fragment of a thesis.

(I guess, by the way, that it's possible to write such articles about the world of Arda explains why I love it - and Professor Tolkien - so much).
EternalBibliophile chapter 1 . 11/2/2016
How fun! I like the format here, and I love the idea of examining Elvish scholastic records-surely there would have been scholars and academics in peacetime. Neat read!
Kondoru chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Hurrah!

Remins me of the Spartans, we hear so much about them, yet primary sources are rare and contradictory.

They had a popuation decline problem too, which may be the reason they were not around for too long...This was probably caused by the fact they had not yet discovered Women.

Kondoru the Classical Scholar.