Reviews for Rebirth of the Chrysalite
empress-of-darkness chapter 7 . 11/30/2006
A good story but however Mai going back to the TCTF is not a viable chapter ending for me as I doubt Mai would go back to the very people that betrayed her. I feel she would be more likely to try and take Muro out by herself.

Muro coming back from the dead however, is a great plotline as for Mai, he is the "ultimate" evil and a great source of conflict. This story overall is a fantastic story but needs more chapters!
Nosfas Vampirdjze chapter 7 . 6/22/2004
Allrigh man, I just read over all seven chapters and the pro-log. It was one of the best fan-reads I've gotten ahold of in almost a year. The quickness of pace, detail in history, the conveying of emotion, and over all feel of the difering aspects of plot and charicter really rivited my to my chair.

My only complaints are a distinct lack of chapter length- a once or twice go over could fix that up, just adding detail and additional sentance structure. The detail to the fights were just perfect. I allways think of the fights sceens in a writting as the bullet time of the story, where the best real meat of detail should arrise.

That and the accute gramer-itis, with symptoms of writters lethargy. Meaning, you were too tired out after writting a short spout, just like any real writter would be. You get bored with writting massive chunks at one time, especially late at night. Start writting after a long warm shower about evening or twlight, crack a window and turn on a fan. Keep the atmosphere cool, about 65-75. Dim the moniter brigntess to add a feel.

White noise is the devil! Keep it quiet, and use the keys as your song.

I want to se this series progress further. And for that reason I've got this watched. If you need, I'm an editor and writter myself, so if you need someone to continue it or simply fix it up, I'm more than capable and willing.

Good luck, and keep your eyes out for the new Oni mods coming out. _- Interest has arrisin in this game after what Halo showed us. Halo 2 should make for a good platform to start off a possible sequal. I hope so, I still play this game with my friends as one of our classic 'I can beet your score' kind of thing on any given saturday. This and Carzi Taxi on my ancient Dreamcast. heh.
claw chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
great fic! I only started playing Oni, but I like the way your story goes ). Keep up the next chapters
FiresareLiars chapter 7 . 12/6/2003
Hi!Great story!I can't wait till the ass-kicking parts!So,UPDATE!NOW!OR I WILL SICK MY ARMYS OF 500,0,0,0 MAI'S AND MURO'S ON YOU!Okay,bye!
_
Cyblade Silver chapter 7 . 9/8/2003
This is a very interesting story, I hope to read more of it soon.
Tankred chapter 7 . 9/5/2003
Tis cool, keep it up.
Qodama chapter 2 . 8/11/2003
this one is very nice...

i liked it
Qodama chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
great fanfic!

i liked it...waiting for the others...
Firebird 13 chapter 2 . 7/13/2003
Good fic, slightly boring iin parts that don't concern Konoko and i have one question, What does her Imago form look like? i would appriceate an answer to my question.

Keep up the good work
DReamer32 chapter 7 . 6/27/2003
Great job WJTW! I really like your style and the plot itself. I hope you will continue with chapter 7 as soon as possible. Though I have spotted some minor grammar mistakes it is not vital.

Konoko returning to TCTF is quite good and rather convincing!:) I think if it would happen in real life then it would happen as you wrote it.

The only place I really didn't like how Ichiro was speaking about himself, I don't think any sane real person would call itself "annoying kid", even talking about the past.

Kompi chapter 6 . 6/23/2003
Mwa! A story where the author actually have spent time trying to understand the Oni world! Now that's something I wish I could see more often.

The base storyline seems rather true to the one in the games, and while not the same as my own assumptions about it, are defenately well thought-through and detailed, rather than giving just a shallow oversight of the surroundings.

That said, some parts of the writing -is- a bit stiff.. just something that doesn't quite flow at all times.. And scenes where stuff happens - especially the combat ones - suffer from it, being a bit too much descriptive and not.. hrmm.. "poetical" enough? It's missing something anyhow. It's not fatal, but it pulls down the overall experience down a slight bit.

Still, as I said.. it's nice to see a story that actually tried to understand the original for once. From what I've seen of this section so far, there aren't many others of those; if any at all..
DReamer32 chapter 6 . 6/22/2003
Great work WJTW! Keep the new chapters comming and make them as interesting as this one! I like it for being rather long, so that my urge for more isn't as strong as with your previous chapters.

DReamer32 chapter 5 . 6/19/2003
The story is *very* good. I enjoyed reading it so much, I hope the next chapter will not take long to finish. One question - where is Mai? But, as far as I understand she will show up in the nearest chapter, won't she?

DReamer chapter 4 . 6/1/2003
WJTW I believe the chapter is about the right size, it can only be expanded, but not contracted. I read your novel with joy and hope to see the next chapter as soon as possible. You still have to add more detail to the characters and the area descriptions though.
Fluffy5 chapter 4 . 5/24/2003
Hi WJ,

Great FanFic! I'm going to make a new one...with Konoko this time! Yay!