Reviews for The Life We Built
lovemycastle chapter 21 . 9/25
just reread this and loved it just as much. what a wonderful universe to be transported to for awhile. thank you so much!
AngusH chapter 21 . 9/12
I really liked the story, it had just the right mix of sweetness and drama.

Emily was a very cute addition to the family as well and the epilogue was fun.
I'm sorry but moving out of the optimal situation she was in to a small apartment with 2 complete strangers makes absolutely zero sense. Your version of Kate needs to get her head out of her ass.
Hawkeye006 chapter 12 . 3/13
Shouldn't Rick be 27, he's just 7 years older then Kate, right?
bponder chapter 1 . 1/31
just reread this story, so very good. Keep writing!
Hetwaszoietsals chapter 21 . 9/1/2017
Beautiful story!
Jbug47 chapter 21 . 8/18/2017
Sweet, beautiful story! Enjoyed it so much!
buffymoonxo chapter 15 . 6/21/2017
I love Christmas... So naturally, I loved this chapter!

I adore how worried Kate was about Emily's health when she got the call from that nurse. She was so scared and such a mother and it was such a beautiful thing to read.

AND YAY she moved back into the loft!

I think it was super sweet that Rick wanted to save Christmas for her so that she could spend it with him and the kids. That was super sweet.
And I really felt for Kate. Poor thing was having a rough day, missing her mom...

I love that she asked him to stay with her for a bit though and he just crawled into bed and held her. That was the sweetest!
I love it!

buffymoonxo chapter 14 . 6/20/2017
Ohhh the angst!

This chapter was painful but I somehow still ended up enjoying it.
I love how this story goes from fluff to angst and back to fluff and then back to angst. It keeps me coming back for more and I love it!

It's sad that Kate moved out, but I can see how for her it seemed like the only solution at the time. I do hope she eventually moves back in with Rick though.

THE SCARE WITH EMILY. Okay, Rick was definitely in the right to react the way he did. A three year old with a taser? Geez, that's scary stuff.
That said, Kate literally broke my heart when she said "Please don't take her from me". OH! RIGHT IN THE FEELS.
It made me all emotional.

And then afterwards when she was hating on herself and saying she was a horrible mother. I mean, I get how she could feel like that because she felt like she failed her child. Even though nothing bad had happened, it could've and that upsets her greatly... so I can kind of see where she's coming from.
And then poor Rick who is just trying to comfort her but it's not working... and she's pushing him away because she has feelings for him but doesn't think it'll work out. OH MY GOSH THIS STORY IS SOME FEELSY.

I love it though.
Great chapter!

buffymoonxo chapter 13 . 6/20/2017
Oooh! I enjoyed the time jump! Emily can talk now! Yay!

I absolutely adored that everyone showed up for Kate's graduation to support her. It must've meant the world to have so many people that care for her there, especially since her mom wasn't able to be there.

And then later back at the loft when Kate was putting Emily to bed and Emily was like "I'm not sleepy", that was so cute! Kate really has turned out to be a wonderful mother and you can really tell she loves her daughter to pieces.

I'm also very happy to see that Kate has bonded with Alexis. I'm happy that she can fill in when Meredith doesn't show up. Alexis clearly appreciates that very much and adores her for it.

YO RICK AND KATE.
Okay so they love each other. A lot. They both admitted it to themselves but they just haven't said it to each other. THEY NEED TO GET TOGETHER. It's for my health...

BUT SHE'S DETERMINED TO NOT GIVE INTO THESE FEELINGS SHE CLEARLY HAS FOR HIM. (10 points for you if you get that reference xD)

ANYWAY. Point is. I want them to get together.

And this story is amazing. I can't wait to continue it... but it's late at night now so I should go to sleep. Amazing chapter!

buffymoonxo chapter 12 . 6/19/2017
Ahhhh this chapter was so intense!

It started out very calm and sweet with Kate bringing Emily to see grandpa Jim. And then later when she was folding laundry while Emily was just being plain adorable.

The fight between Kate and Rick was intense though. He was trying so hard to just do a nice thing and then she took offense to it and it caused a big fight. However, they figured it out and I think they're gonna be just fine. They've got this.

Also I am on Jim's side. Rick and Kate should 10/10 get together.

lovemycastle chapter 21 . 6/13/2017
what a wonderful journey...thank you,!
tanyapotter chapter 21 . 6/10/2017
Lovely, cute and endearing. Well done.
blodi52 chapter 21 . 5/16/2017
Really amazing AU Story! I liked it so much! Congrats
buffymoonxo chapter 11 . 4/25/2017
I loved this chapter SO much!

Maybe because Christmas is my favourite holiday? Or maybe it was Caskett's gift to one another... Or perhaps a bit of both.

I absolutely adore how their relationship is developing! It's so cute and adorable and I love it!

My favourite bit would have to be when they were talking about how Emily saved Jim for his alcoholism, and brought joy back to Kate. IT LITERALLY HAD ME EMOTIONAL. But I loved that bit so much, definitely the highlight of the chapter for me.