Reviews for The Granter
Calmzone1 chapter 1 . 10/7/2017
Lol, brilliant. But how did Fudge come through it originally? That doesn’t make sense
BladedBlossom chapter 1 . 8/13/2017
Awww. What a heartwarming fic. I enjoyed it.
starie78 chapter 1 . 6/22/2017
Excellent story.
hwyla chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
Very interesting! I like how you even hinted at the green mist destroying the horcruxes. Presumably, while a locket (or the others) doesn't have a consciousness to be judged, the piece of soul placed in it would. Considering Harry had trouble with the mist, even tho' he had the smallest piece of Voldy's soul (other than Naigini), I cannot see the other horcruxes with larger pieces and no other soul to balance, making it through the judgement.

The only one that might have made it thru was Naigini, however I would assume that the piece of Voldy's soul in her would not. Altho' on more consideration, that just might mean that the inanimate horcruxes were not destroyed - only the soul pieces in them. Too bad the Cup and Diadem might never be found. I cannot remember right now when exactly they found the Locket (pre- or post-Halloween). Oh well, with any luck, the Cup will be discovered while distributing the LeStrange Vault and Harry will somehow mention the 'crown' he put on top of the 'Snape' cabinet he built to hide the HBP potion book. Luna would probably recognize it. Maybe a Weasley would.

I also like that Sev was not the only DE that apparently would prefer that Voldy 'go away'. I'm a bit surprised about Minister Thicknesse, since he was imperiused - however, you didn't indicate 'death', so he might just be at St Mungos. I suppose Fudge was happy about 'peace' at first and then began worrying that he had to be seen 'doing something' once he began filling in as Minister again?

One small criticism - your first line, where Snape is bending close to the 'ground' originally left me confused to how he ended up in the corridors. In the future I would suggest that most people (I assume) associate 'ground' with the outdoors and 'floor' with inside - even if it is the ground floor. Of course I might be wrong about that and it might be different in other cultures, so 'grain of salt'. But something to consider.

Lastly - I LOVE that Filius and Snape are going to get lost in Snape's library for the holiday! That is SO right!
t42n24t2 chapter 1 . 11/11/2016
Lovely. I could see Severus brewing the Granter, pointed hat and all. It was a great picture of an ancient warlock in action. Usually, you only see witches around a caldron. At the end, I can see both Severus and Filius racing through the halls to the hidden library. Filius will have a ball. So, the Department of Mysteries has the robe. What about the hat? Hmmmm...
Tlcatlady chapter 1 . 11/10/2016
Excellent story and a really great concept! TLC
Syl chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
Lovely as always! Thanks for a pleasant read.
Soulless Huntress chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
Cool story.
teedub chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
I love the creativity of this story. Going way back and asking how magical people did their magic without wands. I would hypothesize a lot of rituals and group castings. Earth type magic using the natural environment around them. Potions is so obvious that I'm surprised this hasn't come up before.

Much kudos on your creativity!
YenGirl chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
You're welcome, Ree! And that cover does fit this story perfectly :)

Severus has the patience of a saint. Planning for something for a decade, gathering all the ingredients, going over the instructions again and again, checking and rechecking, biding his time... *shakes her head* I can maybe manage that for... a week? *is hexed just because*

Those who didn't survive deserved what they got. Slughorn is.. an idiot, I'm surprised Severus didn't hex him to bits, but I suppose he's learned to tune the man out. Thankfully Severus has his firm friends in the other professors. I kinda hope Fudge doesn't make it either *laughs*

I saw what you did to the end of the story, and I liked it... Severus elaborating how he got the idea and the ingredients and the last few sentences left me with a warm feeling of contentment *lets out a sigh that is a tenth the size of Filius' and Minerva's* Now if someone would just hand me a cup of tea and a biscuit, I'll be completely happy... *looks around but is ignored*

Happy Halloween, Ree!
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
A good and enjoyable read.

Severus dancing is fun to ponder I wonder if he would dance a jig at the funeral. The robes would billow in a most dramatic fashion I think.

Including the pointy hat was a nice detail to include.

An interesting and clever idea to channel magic through a wooden implement used for a potion.

A very nice line "it was the colour of Life, Healers, and Slytherin"

Owl passage ways is something I have not thought of before, cheers for that.

Severus as muggle studies teacher is not something I have read before his classes would be interesting.

The reaction of Slughorn to the potion spell was very like him he knows a great deal but I think he can only believe what is real if its tangible or profitable. I think Slughorn once studied mysteries and legend but that was a long time ago. Also the changes in the world make him safer but his influence could be drastically reduced.

I think between Harry and Snape it would only be water under the bridge since Severus found a way to kill Riddle and a way not to kill Harry.

Harry being spared any additional fame is a bonus as well.

I am surprised Fudge survived the potion or was not killed or jailed for his failures in the war. Things worked out in the end.

Madam Bones alive was a bonus as Fudge unchecked would be very dangerous. Although how much use she will be is questionable.

A pity Lucius lived for there to be peace the Malfoy family would need to be ended, they will always cause problems as long as they live.

I liked finding out how Severus researched the potion spell.

Thanks for posting this.
ranchan-akari chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
Oh, so glorious! I love how Severus handled the trial, though I can't believe that Fudge managed to escape the Granter the first time around! I lovelovelove the scene where Severus was speaking to the unconscious children in the infirmary, and I adore how Pomfrey stood up for Severus! I'm always a sucker when Pomfrey is on Severus' side. Yes! Just in case you didn't know it already, ilu!